Dm

2006/2/4 16:42Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Great quote

Brother Mike,
I meant my comment to go on your thread,
regarding this quote...:-)
Want to give credit, where credit is due!
The following is the post I was referring to...

The sweetness of the lips increaseth learning
Life is made up very largely of words. They are not so emphatic, perhaps, as deeds, for deeds are more deliberate expressions of thought. Yet one of the most remarkable authors of the New Testament said, If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man (James 3:2). Not offending in word is often a test of victory in the Christian life. Our triumph in this often depends on both what we say and what we do not say. Speaking of the tongue, James said, It is set on fire of hell. The true Christian, therefore, is righteous in his ways and upright in his words. His deeds appeal to men; and in speech he is looking up, for God is listening. His words are sent upward and recorded for the judgment. I can almost imagine that the beautiful blue sky over our heads, seemingly so transparent, is like a wax tablet with a finely sensitive surface which receives an impression of every word we speak, and that these tablets are then hardened and preserved for the eternal judgment. We should speak with our eyes ever upward, never forgetting that we shall some day meet the words that we have spoken.

A.B. Simpson

2006/2/4 20:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy