SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : must we sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Ive been searching all over for my dictionary :-( . Does anyone have the correct definition for 'entice'? So if were feeding on the idea that is not sin?

2006/2/10 12:18
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Strong's defintes entice as: to bait, catch by bait. metaphor: to beguile by blanishments, allure, entice, deceive.

2006/2/10 12:25Profile

Re:

In the Hebrew it says 'entice' means to persuade,decieve,ect...

Wow! Ive been doing an awful lot of needless repenting! I always thought that if you had a bad thought that it was sin.But you can actually have the thought and even be persuaded but it's not sin unless you carry it out,is that right?

This is great!Now I don't have this condemnation anymore!

2006/2/10 12:32
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I always thought that if you had a bad thought that it was sin.But you can actually have the thought and even be persuaded but it's not sin unless you carry it out,is that right

Simply having a sinful thought is not sin. Such is simply temptation. Merely being tempted is not sin. Otherwise, Christ would be guilty of sin, as Christ was tempted.

Jesus taught us in the sermon on the mount that "to look upon a woman with lust" is the same as commiting adultery. But simply having lustful thoughts in and of itself is not a sin, as any human being above the age of 13 is tempted with such thoughts. But, it's the indulging of those thoughts, and taking them into your heart and relishing them that makes such thoughts sinful.

However, even when I find myself with such thoughts, I take the thought captive in my mind, recognize it as not being from God, and do as much as I can to put it out of my head so that it does not enter into my heart. I do this by turning my thoughts onto God and meditating upon His word, singing praise to Him, etc.

2006/2/10 13:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy