Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A new tool to evangelize

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

A new tool to evangelize

I couldnt find the post for what ways we witness.
Someone mentioned witnessing on secular forums.

There is a deer hunting forum that I used to use. I put a post asking are you a good person?? I went into the law then into grace.
Well, praise God I had over 500 reads!! I had some awesome hecklers. The madder the hecklers got the more reads there were. What an awesome tool to evangelize. One click of a button and we can reach hundreds of lost souls. I kept praying 'Lord just one one soul'. I was convicted because I spent so much time on SI forum and not using other forums to witness. Its like for me not getting outside the four walls of the church. GLORY TO GOD!!!!!

2006/2/2 12:55Profile

Re: A new tool to evangelize

GLORY TO GOD is right brent.

You hit the nail right on the head.

"Go out into the highways and byways and compel them ..... "

Amen brother.

2006/2/2 13:02
nacl

Babylon

That's really good, brother. Praise God!

I remember when I first got saved (1999), I was heavily involved with a secular forum based on ancient history. I was the head of my particular family on that site and a top poster.

Anyway, when the Lord saved me, I was led to use my prominence to evangelize the many lost people involved with that site. God opened many doors to speak the mysteries of Christ (Col.4:3) and put Him on a pedestal for all to see. I was able to continue in this practice for around two years, and although I don't know of any conversions as result of my witness, thank God for seeds planted and watered.

Keep doing the work of the Lord, and my He bless you in your efforts for His glory!!

D.

2006/2/2 16:44Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

what a great idea! i will look out for forums to join and post the gospel

Ste

2006/2/2 18:06Profile
salmon

Quote:
I put a post asking are you a good person?? I went into the law then into grace. Well, praise God I had over 500 reads!!

have yourself a cookie

2006/2/2 22:10Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Salmon,

I'm not offended at all by your comment but I am concerned about your comment. For out of the heart the mouth speaks.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment???? :-(

2006/2/2 22:42Profile

Re:

Brent, whenever I feel blessed ... like when the Lord shows me His Love and all ... that love gets tested in me.

Seems that way with every positive move we make.

Don't let anything discourage you.
Turn it around - that you're moving in the right direction, cuz sometimes lots are headed the other way and that's why so many run ins.

Lord bless you.
Annie

2006/2/3 2:48
ginnyrose

Mississippi

When you do this, you must be prepared to stay close by your computer for several days. At least this has been my experience in posting on secular forums. You will have atheists or agnostics or plain liberals post and it can get very tense. The point is to not allow them to divert your thread and do not get angry and say things that will need to be retracted. Getting mad only destroys your credibility...of course, it works that way on any post.

But it can get very tiring when people will mock you...they can be very ugly. But yes, it is a very way to talk to people from the 'comfort' of your own home and you never know who all will be blessed.

ginnyrose

2006/2/3 9:06Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

ginnyrose,

O do I see exactly what you are saying. The reads are upto 750. I say the number to encourage others of how many will read the gospel. There trying everything to stop this post. I reply to their comments but keep going back to repentance. I've preached open air as a pastor but nothing this intense like a post.

2006/2/3 12:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

brentw<

I would like to tell you a story, ok?

I was surfing the web when I found a secular writer who posted a lot of the pieces she wrote for a newspaper. I read many of these and very quickly was able to discern, with the HS's help, to determine her spiritual problem. So I emailed her and asked a few questions and challenged her. Wrong thing to do! But anyways, this is what I did. She fired back at me telling me I do not know anything about her and should have asked her (never mind that she revealed herself so clearly in her articles). I apologized and humbly asked her to tell me, inform me.....she did - and I learned nothing new. In the process of time and lots and lots of emails, she told me to never quote from the Bible, she does NOT believe in it...ok...more then one way to present the Gospel, right?

Now I embarked on a journey that discussed the philosophical: where does goodness come from? How can you determine what is good and what is bad? Ultimately, the conversation had to come to Jesus, and when it did, she imformed in no uncertain terms I should never ever mention that name to her again and she does NOT want any more emails from me!

If there is a lesson here, it is free! :-x

ginnyrose

2006/2/3 12:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy