SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Wishing for a revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

Wishing for a revival

‘My own view is that many are wishing for a revival but do not want it deeply enough to pay the price in fervent believing intercession and pray. And generally speaking we are far too easily intoxicated by our successes and thus less dependent on the Holy Spirit than we ought to be. The key word for the life of the church nowadays seems to be “organize,” rather that “agonize.”’Selwyn Hughes.

2003/12/13 6:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Wishing for a revival

Quote:
My own view is that many are wishing for a revival but do not want it deeply enough to pay the price in fervent believing intercession and pray.

This is very true, I look at my life everyday and think am I really seeking after revival? am I really seeking the fulness of God in my life? Sometimes I get so busy with things to do for Him that I fear I miss just seeking God and letting Him work revival in my own heart. Like the one brother shared in the forums recently that revival should start with us. Even in our familys and close friends before it can spread.

Wilkerson said: "God is more intresting in winning all of Him, then him winning all the world for God."

2003/12/13 10:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure.
-D.L. Moody

2003/12/13 15:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy