SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myfirstLove

Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light

greetings brothers and sisters!

i've been reading ephesians and i like to share what God has shared with me, correcting me a bit or more here and there :)

Matthew 10:27 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)

27 "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.

Ephesians 3:14-20

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,[a] 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man , 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

brothers and sisters have our time with God passes knowledge, where we are truly experiencing true fellowship with God? feeding the inner man by knowing Him intimately and not the outer man that wants only knowledge to boast and look outwardly clean and righteous? it is easy to pass head knowledge to one another, but to pass God's love to each other is much different. why is it more diffulcult to pass His love? because we have to lay down our life and become a servant. instructing people with the word is much more easy then having to obey the word. we have to die to our opinions, die to our desires, die to our rights, bless those who use and curse us, LOVE our enemies.....
it would be good to meditate on those red letters and thru that i believe we will really see where we are with God!

in order to be filled with the FULLNESS of God we must have Jesus in our hearts and not just our heads. it takes a deep prayer life and meditation of His word to be filled. God told joshua to meditate on His word day and night that he would not stumble. meditation is a taken in to the heart and not just the head.

in brother yun's book he says that a lot of underground chinese believers don't have bibles, but they do hear the word from their preachers who have a bible and their preachers have more of an understanding of death to self and life in Christ than most american preachers do. or they would have a few pages of the gospels and after copying everything down they would pass it on to another believer. still with the few bibles they have (compare to america) they experienced revival! but here in america we have alot of bibles, but no Spirit. is it because all we want is head knowledge from God and no communion with God (to really know Him)? i believe so. why is their so much seperation in the church? because of many head knowledge that has nothing to do with the cross, but it is "good knowledge" that many believe it is worth esteeming ourselves and making the other stumble greatly, bringing upon divisions. wasn't it the pharisees who all had the tenach? they had the real thing, the real version and still they were blind and it was those who had none receive Jesus. kinda reminds me of china who have diffulculty finding bibles, but us americans have it everywhere and wich country is experiencing revival? something is wrong here. i say, we need to fear God. we have too much pride and no relationship with God. if we don't have a relationship with God then are we in God? and if we say we have a relationship with God is it greater than our relationship with our mate, children, friends? it better be or else we are not His disciples.

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

it is easy to search the scriptures, to read the word, to gather more information, but to come to Him, to know Him, to obey and abide in Him is not too easy. it takes the death of us to have Christ rise up in us . MANY christians easily fall under the law and are bound to the letter. ravenhill said something very true and very right. this generation has forgotten the Holy Spirit. we are so searching the scriptures to know "about" Him that we may boast, but we do not KNOW HIM. this is a great grievance to His Spirit.

forget faith. i wanna know everything about everything! i want more knowledge, more teachings about this so i can protect myself from that! i need to know about this subject to win these type of people and i must know this so i can, so i can.....!
the hunger for knowledge can be very repulsive and too much information for our little brains to keep that it causes severe worries. it may not seemed like severe worries to people, but to God it is severe. worries is a sign of NO faith. and God says without faith we CANNOT please Him. we know when we are filled with too much of man's teaching and opinions it does causes worries, fretting, bitterness, dependence on man, fear of man, divisions and the likes. we can easily get distracted "with good teachings" taking us away from bearing our own cross. paul says, in 1 cor.2:2 for i determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. when will christians have that mind? to just KNOW Jesus and fellowship in His sufferings by laying down our life. let this mind be in us as it was in paul that we may not be easily tossed here and there and that we may come together not in excellent of speach or wisdom declaring God's testimony, but with weakness, fear and trembling because we know Him so we are able to greet one another with humilty, serving each other and not ourselves.

1 Corinthians 2:2-5

2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[a] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

aaahhhhh, to trust in God is good and where the Spirit is there is FREEDOM! (selah-meditate)
oohhh that we would delight ourselves in Him, only Him and no one else and nothing else.
to come at His feet and simply believe, oh Jesus You would marvel at my child like faith!
to know Him we will trust Him, our joy would remain and our peace would stay!

to the glory of God

much love,
lisa

p.s
sorry for not introducing myself in the new members section. hello all! my name is lisa and i'm from dallas, texas. i'm married to a godly man and i am blessed with 3 beautiful children who are mix with country texas and asian beauty!

2006/2/1 15:00Profile

Re: Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light

Thank you for posting your understandings here Lisa.

This was a nice introduction by the way, not only into who you are and what's on your heart, but what's in His Heart.

May the "God of Glory" bless your time here.

Welcome and Peace.

2006/2/1 17:22
myfirstLove

Re:

thankyou meagain, for the nice welcome. God bless.

2006/2/1 21:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy