SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you an Adulterer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Frank
i've been working on getting up to speed on this thread so forgive me for responding to this as you may have moved on from this point.

Quote:
Amen Cindy.......Just a thought. I am from Scotland and have lived in the States for 16 years. Two of the biggest problems in the church seem to be divorce(over 50% of "Christians) and prosperity. This is merely a reflection of the culture. and that is what we are as a church. Instead of being a counter culture, we are merely a sub-culture. In fact we find oursleves as soldiers "protectimg our culture. I believe this springs out of the third problem the American church has, nationalism. In my experience, proffesing Christians are often American first and Christians second. This has been made worse by Christian leaders dragging Christians into politics and trying to convnce us all that America is akin to the New Jerusalem. (Please read Lions led by donkeys., Judgement on American Christian leaders)...........Frank

instead of the Church affecting the world, the world has affected the Church and rendered her inept and impotent by seducing her with the delights of the world. i think that it is a correct assement to say that most Christians are Americans first then Christians second. we are not exempt from the laws of the land in as much as they don't conflict with God's law and what He requires of us. i think we should be as paul was, He was a Christian first and then a Roman and he did use that to appeal to caesar which put him in a position to be used of God to minister to his captors.

let us all pledge our allegeance and heads to heaven. AMEN.

2006/2/7 15:16Profile
IRONMAN

Citizens of Heaven

bro Frank
it seems we've become so enraptured with the world we forget we are not of this world. i myself am from Zimbabwe, born in America so i am a citizen of both places. when all the trouble started brewing back in zimbabwe i wanted to go home and do my bit to better what i considered was my home. then like you when i came to Christ i lost that desire. i love both zimbabwe and america but my allegiance is to heaven only. i had once wanted to join the military but i feel no such desire, in fact i'm finding that there is less and less that i want to do as i'm consumed more and more by the Spirit of God.

we have so much to overcome and it begins with repentance of our own sins which we avoid by various means. we jump up and down about other sins or people or things, ignore the conviction of he Lord's Spirit and so many other things. had this been a discussion concerning homosexuals and that sin you best believe that this would have been 20 pages long by now. i think this exposes our hypocrisy and reluctance to have God deal with us in our state. Adultery and fornication have by far done more damage to the body of Christ compared to homosexuality in terms of breaking up homes, scarring children, causing hate etc. yet in our reluctance to deal with or give up said sins we focus so much on homosexuality (i'm not condoning this by the way) and of course the hypocrisy if plain and our witness is crippled as a result.

concerning wealth, i fear some of us have a tendancy to think we somehow deserve wealth and comfortable lives or that such a live is what God wants for us. if this is so then why is it that the Lord's apostles and the early church suffered so much persecution?surely because of their faithfulness they of all should have lived the most comfortable of lives. yet the Lord requires us to die to self and the desires thereof and yeild to Him and live for Him. the Lord doesn't owe wealth to us but if we are blessed by it it is for the benefit of the whole body.

i pray more people get involved in this discussion and more than anything i pray that those who would hear the Lord's message would obey it. REPENT, REPENT, REPENT, OR DIE!!!AMEN.

2006/2/7 17:09Profile

Re: Citizens of Heaven

Amen brothers.

This is beyond just adultry and remarriage ... the Church has lost it's First Love and that's why ALL of these things you've written are happening.
These verses came to mind.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children:
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

etc. of that chpt.

2006/2/7 17:44

Re: Citizens of Heaven

"Repent or die." I like that Ironman. The beam in our eyes is so big that we can see nothing. God will move very soon against "Prosperity Gospel," and this notion that we have rights. We have no rights as Christians, the only right we have is to go as we are led. People who want to stand up and fight for their rights are people who dwell in fear. Not so long ago in Britain, they almost passed a law stating that sharing the Gospel was akin to "hate speech." I am sorry it did not pass, I wish it would pass here. This would really "seperate the sheep from the goats." We would actually see what is real and waht is not............Frank

2006/3/18 22:24
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Frank

Quote:
"Repent or die." I like that Ironman. The beam in our eyes is so big that we can see nothing. God will move very soon against "Prosperity Gospel," and this notion that we have rights. We have no rights as Christians, the only right we have is to go as we are led. People who want to stand up and fight for their rights are people who dwell in fear. Not so long ago in Britain, they almost passed a law stating that sharing the Gospel was akin to "hate speech." I am sorry it did not pass, I wish it would pass here. This would really "seperate the sheep from the goats." We would actually see what is real and waht is not............Frank

bro the Lord has brought you to an understanding of the need for repentance so you can identify with REPENT OR DIE. for the unsaved it means spending eternity wishing you had repented and accepted the gift of grace while for us saved folk it means a chastening from God on this side unto repentance. bro the Lord is indeed about to tear apart this false gospel of prosperity and expose those who preach it as the liars they are. the will have to go into hiding lest their congregants get a hold of them and exact their revenge, perhaps the Lord will give some of them up to that revenge. The Lord is setting to destroy this economy and expose the sham that it is strong when it is built on a foundation of greed and debt. When people lose jobs, stock monies, pension and all that we will see the true nature of Christianity here. those who really are of the faith will be made known by their conduct in this time. The false Christians will be sifted out but those of the Faith will indeed experience the Lord's provision but more importantly, revival. Art Katz says crisis reveals and absolute crisis reveals absolutely. the true nature and strength of our faith is exposed in adversity. bro the Lord has shown me all these things and i've oft asked him "why me and not someone more prominent?" well this is what the Lord has done and i can't duck out now...

on the issue of rights as Christians i think a lot of that stems from us being citizens of wherever we are from first and then Christians second or further on down the line. The Lord will surely use adversity to separate His own from Satan's own. i think of the days of old when to be a Christian meant persecution and sometimes death, the gospel was definately offensive then.

Lord try us by fire and purify as to the level of absolute purity you require of us.AMEN.

2006/3/19 12:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy