SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Scottish Speakers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Scottish Speakers

Hey you all. Need a little help here. In addition to Duncan Campbell, are there any other speakers from Scotland in the Audio Sermons archives?

And... when did the last big revival happen in Scotland and what well known men of faith were a part of that?

I'm doing a bit of personal research on Scotland right now. I might be taking a trip there in the spring to visit some missionary friends and... right now I find myself in a waiting period to see where God [i]might[/i] send me. I'm considering, praying about, and waiting on the Lord with a few different possibilities. If you feel led, please pray for me as well. Thank you! =)

2006/1/31 17:33Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Scottish Speakers

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=381]Action and Obedience[/url] [i]by Duncan Campbell[/i]
Matthew 21:1-7
[b]Description:[/b] Duncan Campbell speaks very plainly and directly towards the root causes of what hinder revival, namely not obeying the voice of the Lord and holding on to secret sins. God desires to 'open the floodgates of glory' but obedience is a fundamental truth for blessing. Campbell appeals to the simple yielding of oneself to Christ and like the donkey being serviceable for Him to meet the need.

Woah! How can you read that description without being stopped in your tracks for a moment with the realization, "Oh man... I can relate to that!"? How many of us have had "secret sins" that we justified for a time or have claimed, "It's not a big deal! [i]Everyone[/i] struggles with it! I'm only human! It's not [i]that[/i] big of a sin!" Maybe we're still struggling with a secret sin or never really saw the severity of the past sins we committed. Maybe pride has kept us from apologizing to those we've wronged. Do you know that secret sins, though they seem to not hurt anyone else, will do damage to others eventually if you don't let the Holy Spirit convict you and completely deliver you? Has deep sorrow for those "secret sins" ceased? Good indication that you haven't been delivered. A great wake up call to let God deal with you before you create more casualties amongst the body of Christ.

Anyway... I kind of went off on a tangent. Maybe I brought this up because I know others can relate. I know this message is for me, and I can't wait to hear more about what choices I can make to [i]not[/i] hinder revival. As it's been said, revival starts with each one of us, in the depths of our heart. May our hearts be softened to the conviction and revival of the Holy Spirit!

2006/1/31 17:58Profile
nri

Scotland

Hi there,that's cool that you plan to visit Scotland soon,I pray you are blessed during your time here. As for your question re other Scottish speakers in the archives, I don't know them all, but Robert Murray McCheyne is one.He was used in revival too and esp for holiness.If you can get a hold of his biography,its great reading-challenging stuff. Another person is Hugh Black-but I noticed he's only in the text sermons archive.He was my minister,went to the Glory in 2001.It's a shame we don't have copies of his audio teachings on here,they're anointed and will not leave you satisfied with less than God's highest. They're available on tapes over here.

May God lead you to where He wants you...His ways are not our ways.And His way is perfect.

(If you pass by Glasgow or Greenock,give me a wee hello...would be great to have you fellowship with us)

God keep you,
nri. :-)

2006/2/1 4:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Preachers of Scotland

Hi Yodi,

Here is a couple to peruse;

http://www.newble.co.uk/hall/hallofame.html

http://www.pcea.asn.au/leehist4.html

http://j.webring.com/hub?ring=menwhochangedthe

http://www.fpchurch.org.uk/EbBI/fpm/2001/November/article1.htm

Also, the first that came to mind though he is now on these shores, one of the few stalwarts of our day;

[url=http://www.truthforlife.org/beggparkside.php]Alistair Begg[/url]

2006/2/1 6:49Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to getting back to this topic. I [i]greatly[/i] appreciate all your emails, replies and helpful links. It's great to see that there are [i]so many[/i] people in this SI community in Scotland and there seems to be [i]plenty[/i] of resources! However, I did mention that "I [i]might[/i] be taking a trip" to Scotland. I was still waiting on the Lord for this possibility and praying for His confirmation.

I had a few options before me: 1) take a vacation to Scotland to visit a missionary friend, 2) go on a trip with one of our pastors and our missions coordinator to visit a fellowship in Belarus, 3) go on a short term missions trip again this summer to Ukraine. I knew that time wise and financially I couldn't go on [i]all[/i] these trips. God finally confirmed the direction I should go in and that's to keep stepping out in faith where my heart for the Ukrainians, Belarussians and Russians is. I plan on going to Belarus at the end of April/beginning of May. Please keep me in your prayers, if you feel led, especially discipline to keep learning the Russian language. And God willing, in the summer, I will be able to go to another 2 week camp for street kids in Ukraine. After "scouting out the land" some more this year, we'll see what God may be preparing me for.

Again, thank you all for your help, and though I'm no longer going to Scotland, I would hope that you would still all be supportive of my ventures in your prayers. God bless you all!

2006/2/8 14:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy