Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : let's help each other be holy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alanrepent

let's help each other be holy

I believe the Scriptures teach that we can walk [u]just as Jesus walked[/u] and that God commands us to be perfect like Himself.

The truth is I fall to sin.

I'm not going to try to pretend like purity isn't what the Scriptures teach, though, simply because I'm not living it.

There's probably a deeper battle going on inside me (and apparently others) though as to whether or not I believe the Scriptures. Mentally, of course, I assert they are 100% true, but then if my heart echoed my thoughts, why would I not be perfect? Is our Father a hard taskmaster or a liar? Would he give a command without giving us power to keep it, or would he lie and say his commands are not burdensome if indeed they are?

I don't think we can be perfect without the kingdom of God, and until we realize our need for one another, we won't be able to enter into this great salvation.

That's where I fall short.

[b]pure[/b]
adj. pur·er, pur·est

1. Having a homogeneous or uniform composition; not mixed: pure oxygen.
2. Free from adulterants or impurities: pure chocolate.
3. Free of dirt, defilement, or pollution: “A memory without blot or contamination must be... an inexhaustible source of pure refreshment” (Charlotte Brontë).
4. Free of foreign elements.
5. Containing nothing inappropriate or extraneous: a pure literary style.
6. Complete; utter: pure folly.
7. Having no faults; sinless: “I felt pure and sweet as a new baby” (Sylvia Plath).
8. Chaste; virgin.
9. Of unmixed blood or ancestry.

2006/1/31 16:07Profile
alanrepent

Re: let's help each other be holy

My apologies.. that was supposed to be a response to [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9345&forum=35]this thread[/url].

2006/1/31 16:09Profile
mary0418

Re: let's help each other be holy

Hi,
this is really something I have been dealing with lately. I can totally relate to where you are.
I also really believe in my head that the Bible is true. But I also know that head knowledge will not save me. So what are we supposed to do? I have totally given my life to the Lord and want nothing else out of life other than to love Him and to serve Him.
So why then is it every time I turn around, an irritation, or a jealousy, a short temper or discontentment is rearing it's ugly head? How come I am having all of this difficulty? Is our Father really a hard taskmaster, expecting us to be perfect and holy when it is seemingly impossible? I KNOW He is not a liar- and our Lord said that His burden was light and His yoke was easy- What is it we are missing?

I seemed to be at an impossible impass. I felt like I was on one side of a brick wall and the Lord was on the other. I was crying and weeping and asking God to please help me- this seemed to be kind of a vicious cycle- trying, failing, repenting. I wanted to get off but I had no idea how.

Then after many tears and much prayer, the Lord started to speak to me about the Holy spirit and about walking in supernatural power. You see, I had always kind of thought that this power was for like a "super christian" or for other, more gifted people than myself. (The devil is SUCH a liar!!!) But all we have to do is accept the power the Lord has given to us ALREADY by simply believeing we have the power. this was such a revalation to me, I cannot tell you!

I do not have the words to adequatly express all that needs to be said about this. The Lord has led me to a book called "The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee. This book has been so incredibly LIFE CHANGING to me! All Christians must read this book! This is so important. That we already have power to overcome these things- and I was totally listening to the devil and not standing on the promises of God. I am crucified with Christ! These words have new meaning to me- Praise the Lord- He is so amazing and the best teacher!
Acts 2:38
38Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If we have done those things, we already have the power to overcome sin and to walk holy in the eyes of God. All we have to do is walk IN it. Rest in the Lord and what He has done for us. No striving at all.

Praise God and thank You Lord, thank You so much for sending us your precious Son. Thank You for all You do for us every day and that we CAN be overcomers by the Blood of Jesus. O God, Thank You so very much!

Please, I really encourage all of you to read this book. You will be challenged to your very core and it will change you and bless you.

God Bless you all
Mary

2006/2/3 21:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy