· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : My history class - Luther

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

My history class - Luther

According to my online classes [url=http://faculty.evansville.edu/rl29/art105/sp04/art105-16.html]links[/url].

1520-Luther is excommunicated and begins a "protest" movement against the Catholic church later called "Protestantism"
-among his concerns was the increasing distance of the lay person from understanding of the Bible and the Mass. Luther maintained that the lay person was no longer playing an active role in the Church and was increasingly removed from understanding the Scriptures because of increasing mystery and ritual. Luther saw visual forms as playing a role in this process of increasing obfuscation.

-Luther advocated hymns as a better way to communicate hard-to-understand mysteries of the Church and made music an integral part of Protestant Church services.

**Me..** How awesome is that!! I never knew that! Imagine no singing in church the way we do now if he hadn't followed his calling! And we might be still reading in latin!

I'm amazed by this. How awesome not just 'simple doctrine' issues but the wisdom that the people need to UNDERSTAND Jesus and His works.

AWESOME!

2006/1/31 13:56

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy