SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must we sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
PosterThread

Re: Muat we sin?

It's true

Quote:
You'll laugh your head off as you see yourself in this, at least I did anyway.

I did. But....
Quote:
We start out with determination and slowly the world the flesh and the devil begin to eat away at us.

It's when we find we can't overcome in our own strength, that the death of Christ becomes precious to us...... is it not?

Having said that, I believe some of our desires are an attempt to comfort a wounded soul, and the answer is not the cross, but the balm of His healing.

2007/11/25 9:36
AuthorOfLife

Re:

Harry Ironside begins his testimony with: "It is my desire, in dependence on the Lord, to write a faithful record, so far as memory now serves me, of some of God's dealings with my soul and my strivings after the experience of holiness, during the first six years of my Christian life, ere I knew the blessedness of finding all in Christ."

Harry Ironside believes as you and I do that we are to be holy. Harry Ironside, though, in sharing his account of ministering within the Holiness Movement at the pinnacle of the Salvation Army's crusades, goes on to express a very important side note. That in the holiness movement men could not confess there sins to one another for fear of being "not one of the holy ones", and this lack of accountability led to a lack of true strength through the body being able to tend to one another.
And here is another problem here quoted:" I remember that often I prayed God to give my dear mother the blessing He had given me, and to make her as holy as her son had become. And that pious mother had known Christ before I was born, and knew her own heart too well to talk of sinlessness, though living a devoted, Christlike life!"
His testimony on this is much better than I can sum up into words, the full context of his testimony is essential to the balance he brings on the topic of holiness and grace. You can find the testimony broken into a 2-part letter here on sermonindex.
Again, we all believe we are to be holy, but there is a "true" & a "false" holiness (as the name of his testimony is titled):

part 1:

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10275

part 2:

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=10276

2007/11/25 10:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy