SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Don't Fight Conviction, Confess And Repent!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Don't Fight Conviction, Confess And Repent!

I want revival to start in my heart. I confess before you all and God that I am no where near where God wants me to be. My prayer and Bible study life is nearly nonexistant. I can't count how many times I have committed murder of the heart just in this past week. I have denied Christ by not sharing the Gospel. I see the people He points out to me who are suffering, dieing without Him, and my love for myself keeps me from doing anything about it. I am tired of slapping my creator in the face. How can I stand before a perfect and righteous God in this state and be so naive, so conceited as to think I deserve to say I represent Christ?

God have mercy on me! continue to conform me to your image. Make my desires your desires. I don't want to be anything more or less than what you want me to be. Purify me so that I can be a vessel for your Holy Spirit. Cleanse me so I can be used by you. When people look at me I want them to see Christ, not my agenda or the disgusting excuse for a child of God I am. I thank You and I praise Your name for the work you will do in my life if I will only let you. -AMEN

Brothers and sisters, please do not rob me of the work God is doing in my life by trying to ease my conscience. Please only reply if God has led you to join me on your Knees before a Holy God and beg for His mercy.

2006/1/30 15:39Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re: I confess, remove this log...

Oh God, give me a greater desire for you. I read your post and see that my heart is too proud to pray those things!!!

Have mercy on me Lord, have mercy on me!

2006/1/30 16:26Profile
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Re:

Thank you, Father for your mercy. Transform us.

2006/1/30 16:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: I confess, remove this log...

Sounds to me like your are in the throes of growing pains! Thank God you experience your undoneness, without which God cannot mold you to conform you to His image!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2006/1/30 18:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I want revival to start in my heart. I confess before you all and God that I am no where near where God wants me to be. My prayer and Bible study life is nearly nonexistant. I can't count how many times I have committed murder of the heart just in this past week. I have denied Christ by not sharing the Gospel.

Praise God for your honest heart. Keep submitting your life to Christ and you will be transformed from image to image and into the likeness of Christ. Oh what a wretch I am, brother may God Himself lead us more into this "life" inwhich we are partaking of. I truly desire revival but oh how far my own heart is from it. God we need you.

2006/1/30 22:06Profile
abbiegrrl

In a desert...Central Indiana at the moment

Rip out this heart of STONE

HALLELUJAH!!! He is faithful, even when we are NOT!!!
Brother, when I am reminded, by His GRACE, of what *I* am, and where I am(in contrast to where I WANT-and HE wants me- to be, I cry out to Him to please let me see my sin the way YOU do!! SHow me the places in me that are not pleasing to You, Lord. Father grant me a REPENTANT heart. God, let me KILL my FLESH. Father, thank you that I am alive in CHRIST, now just please help me to REMEMBER that it must be HIM that lives, and not me.
Wow. Here is something I found recently, and had to print out. I think I will frame it, as a reminder....

"When Christianity entered into the world, people were not Christians
and the difficulty was
to become a Christian.

Nowadays the difficulty in becoming a Christian
is that one must CEASE
to become a Christian.

One best becomes a Christian
without "Christianity".

Not until a person has become so wretched that his only wish, his only consolation,
is to die-

-not until then does Christianity
truly begin.

---Soren Kierkegaard

2006/1/31 0:02Profile

Re: Show us our hearts compared to Yours.

The "desert" seems to be where most of the "work" is done and the reality of who we really are is seen.

Moses was 40 years there, BEFORE God used him.
Paul, 14 years.

I'm all for the desert, rather than words a loud.

"Show me what I am", comes in our solitude with Him. That 'Closet', if you will.

We can be anything our flesh desires in print, or in order to please or fit in with others, (the heart is deceitful, who can know it)... but what are we like, when God puts us in the desert alone, is the reality of things.

Make us like you Lord, and not what we 'think' You are like.
Heaven help us and soon, so we can stand firm unto the end. Amen.

2006/1/31 1:07
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Re: without wax

I repent of spiritual pride and gluttony. Father start a fire in me that will never go out.

I read today that sincere means "without wax". When Romans would make pottery that had cracks in it they would fill the cracks with wax to hide the flaw. pure pottery would bear a sign that said, "sin-cere"- without wax. To know the difference, one would need only to hold the pottery up to the light to see the sun shine through the wax. I want to be without wax. I want God to take away any hypocracy left in me. Where I am deceiving myself, I pray He will show me by holding me up to the perfect light of His Law.

2006/1/31 16:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Rip out this heart of STONE

Abbie you wrote:

HALLELUJAH!!! He is faithful, even when we are NOT!!!
Brother, when I am reminded, by His GRACE, of what *I* am, and where I am(in contrast to where I WANT-and HE wants me- to be, I cry out to Him to please let me see my sin the way YOU do!! Show me the places in me that are not pleasing to You, Lord. Father grant me a REPENTANT heart. God, let me KILL my FLESH. Father, thank you that I am alive in CHRIST, now just please help me to REMEMBER that it must be HIM that lives, and not me.

This is my heart's prayer as well. When I get a glimpse of the holiness of God, I see myself so undeserving and know without a doubt I am only saved by his mercy and am only able to live by his enabling grace.

BTW: if we want to see sin as God does, we will find ourselves at odds with ...... and it may not be pleasant! So we need God's enabling mercy and grace to deal with these situations as we encounter them!

ginnyrose

2006/2/1 7:13Profile
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Re:

amen!

2006/2/2 0:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy