SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  a struggling problem about God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

a struggling problem about God

hi i am andy 39 from uk..i have a problem that keeps bothering me..i am hoping u guys could help..basically it can be sumed up as

if God is all knowing and knows my life from beginning to end..how can i not live what he as seen..hense i only have limited freewill for i can hardly not act out what God as seen..

its got to the point where i am thinking about this even in veiw of judas..we know the o/t mentions a betrayer hense judas was stuck? he couldnt not fullfill what 1)God's planned/saw 2)he was created to do this,if not him SOMEONE

andy

2006/1/30 13:53

Re: a struggling problem about God

This in some ways became a stumbling block for me in my walk.

It's like when someone watches a new movie and they already know the ending. Does it change the ending when that person brings you to the movies? Nope.

God knows everything, He knew satan would rebel, God knows all. But He is also going to help you through life.

Don't focus so much on the future. God has everything in control, He knows what He is doing. Just focus on your love for Him. That's the greatest and #1 thing that we are called to do. The greatest commandment 'Love God with all your soul,spirit,body, and strength' and likewise 'Love others as yourself.'

I think the most greatest thing is God loves you and accepts you even though He knows in 15 mins your gonna sin. (example, not literal) God loves you despite the sin you committed in the past, present and FUTURE and He still loves you with an everlasting love. Everlasting, means it doesn't stop. Every second of every day, God loves you.

So, I challenge you to focus on the Love of God instead the 'future'.

2006/1/30 14:25
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

God entrusts us with more when we have shown ourselves trustworthy with what He has already given us. Don't overthink and get sidetracked on this issue. Does God want you to follow the guidelines laid out in His scripture? Yes, He does. Do you have to figure out how all the misteries of God work? No. You know God wants you to study His word, so do that. You know God wants you to obey His commandments, so do it. You know He wants you to fullfill the Great commission, so do that. Ask Him how it all worked later when you have arrived at His throne. You will be able to sleep soundly and move on with your Christian walk by being a faithful steward of the information He has laid out for you in His word. Hope that helps.

Melissa

2006/1/30 14:39Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Quote:
hi i am andy 39 from uk..i have a problem that keeps bothering me..i am hoping u guys could help..basically it can be sumed up as if God is all knowing and knows my life from beginning to end..how can i not live what he as seen..hense i only have limited freewill for i can hardly not act out what God as seen.

You are correct in that we cannot live apart from what God has seen. God even sees what we do in secret (Matthew 6:6).

Quote:
its got to the point where i am thinking about this even in veiw of judas..we know the o/t mentions a betrayer hense judas was stuck? he couldnt not fullfill what 1)God's planned/saw 2)he was created to do this,if not him SOMEONE

Judas was used by God for a specific purpose...that purpose was to betray Jesus. This betrayal would lead Jesus into the hands of the Jewish authorities and then into the hands of the Romans who would crucify him...leading to our salvation.

Judas played a vital role in history. He was used by God for a special purpose, albeit not good in the end for Judas himself.

I am remined of Psalm 115:3, "Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him."

Also, we must remember that God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses. God used the wickedness of both Pharaoh and Judas to accomplish his own will. Does this make sense? Is this fair? I think Romans 9 answers these questions:

Romans 9:
14What then shall we say? [b]Is God unjust? Not at all![/b] 15For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19One of you will say to me: [b]"Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"[/b] 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

22What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

I hope this helps you in any way. I by no means have all the answers...I myself am still trying to come to a complete understanding. I do know that God is in control and that I belong to him. I take great comfort in these verses:

Romans 8
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2006/1/30 14:41Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
I think the most greatest thing is God loves you and accepts you even though He knows in 15 mins your gonna sin.

AMEN! Well said.

2006/1/30 14:43Profile

Re:

hi i will be clearer i find it unfair that God blames us for sining whens he already see it which makes us unable not to surely?..jay dont u have a problem that he used judas like that? i do..andy

2006/1/30 15:04

Re:

and a ps if he knows why bother to pray can u change the out come no its catch 22? is praying saying God can have is mind changed therefore he wouldnt know the future right?

2006/1/30 15:06
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I don't believe God forces you to sin or anyone else. Knowing something will happen doesn't mean that you forced it. I can watch someone walk into a room and say, " I know for a fact that he/she will walk out of this room." I am not forcing them to walk out, I just know that they will. Ofcourse this is a feeble example compared to God's knowledge... There are some things that God seems to 'force' but he is not willing that any should perish.

How many of you have kids? When (or if) you decided to have a child, did you not know they were going to do something wrong in their life? Surely you know that your kid will lie to you once in his/her life, yet you still had a desire to reprodce, correct? Maybe God had a similar desire?

2006/1/30 15:21Profile

Re:

God knows what "choices" we will make.

Angels and humans have 100% Freewill.

Some don't believe that, but that's what I see.

We live second by second with 'choices' and those seconds turn into minutes and then hours, then days, and finally a "life" that is judged in the end, by what choices we've made.

He's a fair God and wants our Love to be an act of freewill, and Love is an action ... and obedience is just one of the actions that Love produces.

If you take Freewill out of the equation, it sure could get confusing.

All His Best to you.
me again

2006/1/30 15:23

Re:

hi i guess i'm seeing this differently to you guys..my veiw is if God as seen it then ur going to do it right? who are you not to do what God as seen..how can it truely be freewill when ur doing what's already know ur do? it might be a kind of free will here on earth but its limited..does a actor have free will when he follows a script?..Gods Shakespeare and ur Laurence Oliver only difference is we dont know it..andy

2006/1/30 15:37

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy