Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SERMONINDEX VISION FOR 2006

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SERMONINDEX VISION FOR 2006

VISION FOR 2006: From the conception of the website God has put it in my heart to do His will and allow Him to grow the ministry. "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand." (Proverbs 19:21). My prayer is still the same that simply God would grow this ministry and the steps would be ordered by Him.

Personal Support - Myself (Greg Gordon) fully rely on support to continue to work on the website and keep this ministry going. I am currently also attending bible school (Calvary Chapel Bible School) and depend on support for that also.

Spiritual Awakening Bible - God has given me the vision to compile an text respresentation of the sermonindex website and the clear direction has been to make an study bible on the theme of revival. It will have articles, quotes, bios, pictures of speakers and revivals. I know this will be a source of great encouragement to many and will be something people can use and have away from the computer. The timeline for this bible to be done is 2007 (possibly mid-2007).

SermonIndex Conference - This has been something that has been prayed about for 2 years now and I believe the Lord wants this to come to pass. I am believing that God will provide the venue, speakers and resources to encourage, equip and edify God's people. The plan is to have an 2 day conference in California, USA late 2006 or early 2007.

--

I would love to hear any responses or even offers for help. For the bible project I am going to need alot of researchers and help in that area to compile some of the greatest resources on revival to share with the body of Christ. And for the Conference I am counting on other brothers and sisters to share in the responsibility to help make this possible. Even having an free host church with large facilities is something I am praying about.

2006/1/29 18:43Profile

Re: SERMONINDEX VISION FOR 2006

How about having the conferance at 312 E. Azusa street!

2006/1/29 18:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It should be noted that this vision statement does not include all the day to day things that sermonindex accomplishes and other relationships with ministries and websites that are being formed. I just feel that the aforementioned goals are things that need concentrated prayer and support for them.

Quote:
How about having the conferance at 312 E. Azusa street!

That is an interesting idea to at least look into if there is a building there still and if it can be used for a conference. I am praying that an venue can be provided for free or at least build a relationship with the church that it is going to be hosted at in California God willing.

2006/1/29 20:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: SI Vision 2006

Quote:
I am going to need alot of researchers and help in that area to compile some of the greatest resources on revival to share with the body of Christ.

Think Richard Owen Roberts has a small library or so I have heard ;-)
Wondering if he might be willing to allow or contribute items towards this end...

2006/1/29 20:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I will be fairly soon with the help of the moderator staff and other intial volunteers set out an intial timeline and structure to the "spiritual awakening bible" project (even that name is up in the air at this point). One thing everyone can do is pray that God gives me clear direction and discipline to work on this project.

2006/1/30 12:25Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: SERMONINDEX VISION FOR 2006

Wow! This is awesome Greg! How fulfilling it is to receive vision from the Holy Spirit! It is [i]very[/i] encouraging to see the continued work God is doing through you.

Quote:
One thing everyone can do is pray that God gives me clear direction and discipline to work on this project.

That you have vision alone is an awesome first step. In all that God leads you to do, He will surely be faithful to provide you with all you need to complete the task. I know that I can pray, and that's what I'll faithfully do. If you think there's any other way I could be of help, let me know.

2006/1/30 12:49Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

May it be!

-Chris

2006/1/30 23:57Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

Re: Let's keep in prayer.

If God is calling you to do it, then is because He has a purpose with that. Doesn't matter if are enough versions of the Bible out there... And He will give you the resources and will lead you to the people He wants to take into it and you will have it ready in the time He has placed for it. So don't worry, let's keep praying.

2006/4/14 11:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
So don't worry, let's keep praying.

I have put this on the backburner for awhile and realizing that things like this can take years. I think God may be opening some doors for these things to happen but I want to see it happen in God's timing.

2006/4/14 18:53Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

I suggest making some sort of text compilation on revival, rather than an entire study Bible...

Consider making it similiar to The Refiners Fire volumes compiled by Leonard Ravenhill.

Personally I don't think there should be any commentaries, subtitles, references... even chapters, in the Bible at all. Leave Scripture as it is. Publish your own handbook to go along with it if you please. I wish I could just rip all the extra garbage out of my Bible.

One advantage of this approach is that most do not want to buy an entire Bible simply for the commentaries, but would be happy to buy a book on revival.

Another concern I have is that while I am for revival (true revival, that is...)-- Revival is not a major emphasis of Scripture, while it is Biblical, and is very important, it is not the be all end all of where the Scripture puts It's emphasis. We ought to place our emphasis where Scripture places it.

My 2 cents.

Adam

2006/4/15 0:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy