SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Antidepressants ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Antidepressants?

Annie,

I need to ask this: are you endorsing the opinions expressed on the above website because of personal experience of 'the inner healing movement', or, are you merely alerting us to their concerns?

I would point out that God created the soul (psyche) and while I appreciate Satan can mimic His outward workings, such as physical healings, I am far less sure Satan can heal a soul which is honestly looking to the Father for healing, or who comes to Jesus the Great Physician.

It seems to me that the quote offers an entirely objective view which takes no account of the person (soul) who is applying to God for His (mental) Health, nor of their standing with God as His child (or, as one coming with faith in Him), nor of His faith, by which all true healing takes place.

In no way do I endorse psychology which is anti-God in method or content, for that is unhealthy by default, but it is unreal to suggest that an understanding of the soul's needs and/or how it processes both good and bad experiences, is intrinsically incompatible with the knowledge and blessing of God. Sorry if I sound like a cracked record - and I do realise some Christians have been seriously damaged by faulty psychology/psychologists - but that doesn't mean there is no observable similarity between the workings of one soul and another under similar conditions, notwithstanding the uniqueness of each soul. 'Good' psychology unconsciously takes account of and bears [i]many[/i] resemblances to the way God treats mankind, as recorded in the Bible, although many non-Christian psychologists would be amazed to learn of this truth.

2006/2/8 18:08

Re:

Ha, running two conversations at once can really throw a half-brain-dead human like me.

O.K. ... Haaaa ... I was BIG into Psychology, from ages 12 to about 26-27 and we all thought that was what I'd be, but then I got saved and then got to Bible College and then it took some doing, but I had to see things differently.

Martin & Deidre Bobgan's website, does no justice to what work they've done. Too black & white to properly portray the work they've done.
I didn't read their books until after I had already been dissuaded from that field, many years prior.

The main point of what I see in your post, is that you say ... ""In no way do I endorse psychology which is anti-God in method or content, for that is unhealthy by default, but it is unreal to suggest that an understanding of the soul's needs and/or how it processes both good and bad experiences, is intrinsically incompatible with the knowledge and blessing of God.""

So in part you and I agree against Psychology, yet the second half of this sentence goes where the Bobgans were 'not' going.

It's clear from that one paragraph of theirs, that they recognize Christ DOES DO inner healing in us ... but what they are more experienced with, is the techniques of "visualization" .... a very bad practice and one where one "is" open for demonic counterfeit experiences.
Many authors even listed on SI here, talk against any form of "passivity of mind", etc. and "to go to visualizing a certain instance of your childhood" is Psychology in and by itself, but then when you add to that ... "Now picture Jesus coming into the room and holding you and..........", this is visualization and who is to say we are not already into some sort of form of hypnotism with this "guided voyage through our past" and inviting "Jesus" into this imaginary "conversation" etc.

Do you see the "non-reality" of all of this and that this "practice" is not Biblically founded nor necessary to one's "inner healing".

I've had THE LORD to bring memories up to my mind, IN HIS TIMING, so I could see what He wanted to "heal" Himself, in me ... but I did not initiate this, nor did I try to manipulate nor control the "mental picture" of it all, and so on.

The Bobgans are only two of the many who have written of the dangers of both psychology and so-called Christian psychology.

Biblical counseling would be a much more productive and Scriptural way to go for the healing of our inner man.

You and I have spoken before of equally unbelievable pasts, so my sympathies go out to any human in "mental anguish" of Any kind, whether abuse was/is a factor or not.

I spend a lot of time in trying to minister to those who are in that state. Some are in that state merely due to Neuro-toxins, some, due to extremely abusive experiences. That calling or burden, so to speak, has never left my heart, since I was 12.... it's just had it's methodology changed.

Anyhow ... maybe you'd fine some more of the Bobgan's more interesting than anything more than I would say.

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/bkchapt.html

Hope we can continue this at any time or way you'd like.

Much love to you.
me again

2006/2/8 20:46

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy