SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women need to find thier place, men too!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
Over time two people who love Christ and take the cross and cease to view the other as their means of satisfaction become united not only in spirit but become one souled. There is a reality and beauty of Christ between them which others see and admire.

This is a spiritual precept that speaks of the Seed bore by the woman. Genesis 3:15

Everything you have written is very good.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/31 9:52Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What do we do with these verses?

Phl 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

None of us wants to suffer, right? Did Christ want to suffer? In His suffering, what did He accomplish for those that believe in Him? How hard was it for Christ to see His own death? The cup He had to drink drink in the garden with all our sins in that cup. Just think of it every sin in the world was in that cup, I was in that cup. The Lamb of God who take away the sin of the world. Jhn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Hbr 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

That is why we can say we were truly crucified with Christ and it no longer us who life but Christ the Lamb who live in us and gave Himself for us because He loved us. Then like the thief on the Cross that believed that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, he was with Him in Paradise. Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Not only was the thief crucified next to Christ but he was crucified with Him on The Cross of Christ, the King of the Jews, Jesus placed the thief in Paradise with Him, just like Jesus has placed us in the Heavenlies with Him already, and He will come again and bring us to Himself, whether we live or die so shall we all be with the Lord and in Him and Him in us forever, Amen.

May we see Christ in each other because we see Christ in ourselves. A spouse should see not only Christ in him or herself but also in their mate. It is very hard to argue with Jesus Christ. Who really matters? Christ or our petty needs that we think our mate is supposed to fulfill for us, wrong. Let us love as Christ loves us, but most of all let us love because of Christ in the person or the capacity to have Christ in a person. Saved or to be saved by the Love of Christ and His Cross.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/31 22:08Profile
roadsign

Re: Why do people make the choices that they do?

Loveslave, Earlier you mentioned some possible explainations for sinful choices - abortion, homosexual, etc. Perhaps those influences - like Women's Lib may have an effect in facilitating wrong choices, but I feel that the real reasons go much deeper - like right into the person's own heart.

Here are some testimonials of those whom God has set free from a homosexual past. I think that they themselves help us to understand what influenced their choices in the past.
[url=http://www.exodus.to/testimonials_start.shtml]Exodus - testimonials[/url]

Also regarding abuse, and being willing to "suffer" needs to be futher thought through. We are called to suffer for the sake of Christ, but not ENABLE the sinner to continue in his destructive pattern. That is not love, and doesn't help the sinner see the need to repent! There is a time for one to remove themselves from the abuser.

This topic is far to big to cover here, but it it worth persuing. For now, I'll just share this:

I know a lady who was being abused. She had no money, was not "allowed" to use the car, etc etc. God saw her and took pity on her. He miraculously had someone GIVE her a car, someone else gave her money, and someone else gave her a home and a job in another place - all separate events, but at the same time. God himself removed her, and then worked in her life to restore her.

The understanding of the word, "submit" is usually distorted. The Bible is far more egalitarian than our society, or the church (where it brings society's values into the church).

Ephesians 5:21 says, "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Then in the next verse it says, "Wives submit to your husbands." I believe that the same word, "submit" is used, but we have made it mean two different things.

One expanation I heard: To submit is to yeild our rights for the sake of another - like Jesus washing the disciple's feet, like Mom getting up in the night to feed her newborn. It is to consider others better than ourselves. But others above ourselves. Always love.

Christ submitted to mankind by giving his life. That did not mean that mankind had authority OVER him. I believe that godly submission has nothing to do with hierachy - anyone being above another. I think it is clear in scripture that no one is to assert themselves over another in any way.

On the other hand, no one is to surrender themselves UNDER another person - in that that person replaces the role of Christ in their lives - trusting in man to be their protector, and provider. A woman is accoutable to Christ. In the Spirit, Christ is her authority. Therefore she can never use her "unsaved" husband as an excuse for not being all that Christ has called her to be. She cannot excuse her passive maladaptive behavior as her "calling to suffer".

Whereas men have tended to dominate because they are stronger, there has also been the problem of women desiring to have someone over them - just like Israel wanted a king to RULE over them.

The curse not only included pain in childbirth, and weeds, but also woman's craving to have man be her "knight in shining armor", and for man (the stronger) to rule over her.
Those are just a few thoughts for now.

Diane

2006/2/1 8:11Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Also regarding abuse, and being willing to "suffer" needs to be futher thought through. We are called to suffer for the sake of Christ, but not ENABLE the sinner to continue in his destructive pattern. That is not love, and doesn't help the sinner see the need to repent! There is a time for one to remove themselves from the abuser.

Sister, not to suggest that one should remain in an abusive and dangerous situation but Christ suffered unjustly at the hands of sinners. And if we are one with Him we will experience the same things. "the servant is not above His Master. If thsy persecuted Me they will also persecute you.

And we suffer daily with Christ in all kinds of things if we will take the cross to self and let the Lord use our circomstances to gain us and to form Himself within us.

If instead of looking for a way out of the cross (as we naturally do) we turn to the Lord and thank Him for the situation and embrace His Cross, we will find the Spirit within us rejoicing in the midst of misunderstandings, abusive speaking, and much else and we will find an amazing ability to love the unlovable.

But we must walk with the Lord and pay attention to the flow of Life within us. And there may come a time when the Lord says, "get out of there", when our attempts at loving are not flowing from Life and we have no peace (in our spirit) by remaining.

Graftedbranch

2006/2/2 16:16Profile

Re: Women need to find thier place, men too!

Diane,

That's a wonderful testimony of God's power and love to your friend.

I don't want to say much here, about domestic violence, but simply to pick up one point made by GB:

Quote:
Sister, not to suggest that one should remain in an abusive and dangerous situation but Christ suffered unjustly at the hands of sinners. And if we are one with Him we will experience the same things. "the servant is not above His Master.

If God gives it to a wife to stay in an abusive marriage, then she has little option. However, many women think they have no option to leave, because that's what they've been taught in church.

I strongly refute that (as previous posts from me in other threads tell), because marriage is supposed to be a mirror of the LOVE which bind the Godhead. That's why it is so powerful, both in helping men and women find partners, and also in healing the world.

THEREFORE, [i]if[/i] within a marriage, the love of Christ is not flowing down from the head to the body - although Paul makes clear in both Ephesians and Corinthians they are equal - then, it is unrealistic to expect the woman to continue to submit. We submit to Christ and to God the Father, because they love us. That's the example. If a marriage head (man) is submitted to Christ, then, he is [i]easy[/i] for a godly woman to obey. Three times in Eph 5, Paul mentions the man loving the woman as part of the deal.

Also, OChambers has said 'submission is only possible between equals'.
(Not sure which book.) It's true - earth-shatteringly true.

2006/2/2 16:39
roadsign

Re: godly and ungodly suffering

Quote:
Sister, not to suggest that one should remain in an abusive and dangerous situation but Christ suffered unjustly at the hands of sinners.

Christ also understood God's timing and purpose. He kept himself out of the way in order to avoid a premature death. (His time was not yet) He escaped through a crowd when they tried to throw him over the cliff. Many times he kept away from his abusers. He did not fully disclose himself to them. Most important, he did not give anyone power over them. He did not play the "victim" role through dysfunctional relational patterns. That is the BIG difference that is worth examining.

I was referring to a pathological "suffering" that is really called "enabling". This pattern tends to go down the generations - and so we have countless descendents who perpetuates the abusive set-up -whether perpetrator or victim.

However, having said that, I add that simply by removing oneself does not correct anything in itself. The abused person must undergo considerable inner transformation and healing, and repentance from sinful patterns and thinking, or they will end up in another similar situation again where they enable the pattern to develop.

We must understand the value of separation, of getting disentangled from pathological relational enmeshment – even if it is for a season only (ideally). Sometimes remaining in an abusive situation, though it may appear "noble" is a slow suicide - of soul, spirit, and body.

I believe that the church, in its zeal to encourage outer transformation, has not grasped the psychological dynamics, and has even viewed those who wish to address it as "humanistic". This is tragic, and merely keeps a lot of people imprisoned in a superficial religious state of "righteousness" This also keeps the most needy people away from a healing, compassionate environment.

All too often I have heard, "No one at my church understands what I'm going through." It is sad when empathy is replaced by finger pointing and religious busy-ness.

I think that Alcoholics Anonymous has it right: An alcoholic responds best to one who has been there. (because they understand, and really know how to help)
Of course we cannot be "disqualified" as a facilator of healing just because we haven't experienced someone's exact troubles, but we can all relate on one level: we are fallen sinnners who are very needy of divine mercy and love. We could very easily have been in anyone's shoes.

And on that level we should be able to empathize. The most unloveable people are the ones who need love the most.
Diane

2006/2/3 8:08Profile
abbiegrrl

In a desert...Central Indiana at the moment

Re: AMEN

Wow, Diane, you said a mouthful! I concur 100% w/ your statements re: enabling and the fact that the church is not altogether aware or prepared (many times) to address the inner healings that must-MUST-take place before th wounded person is able to begin to get out of the survival mode and regain some semblance of LIFE. Whom the Son has set free, IS free, indeed. I heard someone say a long time ago, that we are called to be Martyrs for CHRIST, NOT for our spouse. Even then, it's a whole different thing.
I guess in my experience, it was a matter of the abuser setting themself up to be god, and anyTHING that didn't fall in line, was going to pay dearly.
And about the AA understanding another drunk better than other ppl is right on the mark. I find that in many situations, it is SO unbelievably easy for us to throw a pat answer to ppl, when we really have NO IDEA what they are REALLY going through. I can't tell you what I would do in your place, if I've never been in your place. On the other hand, even if I have, I can only tell you what worked for me.

Isn't this an interesting place that we've ended up, so far, as a result of "Women need to find their place...."?! Methinks that perhaps women ARE finding their place. OUT of the pit, and UP on the mountaintops, braving the winds of the world---with or without a mate beside them. Coz, really, guys, aren't we all pretty equally helpless when you put thing in perspective? Ants ALL pretty much look the SAME to me: tiny, black (or red) and, well, ant-ish. Thank GOD I lived long enough to find out that God actually DOES like women...

abbie :-o

2006/2/4 1:45Profile
roadsign

Claiming our liberty

Quote:
Methinks that perhaps women ARE finding their place. OUT of the pit, and UP on the mountaintops, braving the winds of the world.

Might I add a few thoughts - see if you agree with this:

Our place as women is the same place as Mary: at the feet of Jesus. In those days it was only the men who were mentored, never women. Mary should have been in the kitchen. But Jesus commended her for her desire to learn, even if it meant being in the "man's place". Mary was bold - rising to the mountain tops!

Quote:
with or without a mate beside them

This may sound brazen. But I believe that you are not implying a vindictive women's lib philosophy.

I sense you saying that women can move ahead in their spiritual walk without requiring the hand of a mate. It is a solitary journey, married or not.

I must admit that I have met far too many women who are not moving ahead with the Lord because they want to be "under" their husband. And their husband is not interested in spiritual things, church, etc. Their wives ungodly "submission" gives them both an easy out - like an exuse.

Sadly, many women do not realize that they can move ahead, and that moving ahead with Christ will make them more submissive (in a godly sense), and stronger in their love for their husbands.

Christ gave us glorious liberty in our hearts - freedom to be all that God called us to be. So, women, let us claim it.
Diane

2006/2/7 9:28Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
I believe that the church, in its zeal to encourage outer transformation, has not grasped the psychological dynamics, and has even viewed those who wish to address it as "humanistic". This is tragic, and merely keeps a lot of people imprisoned in a superficial religious state of "righteousness" This also keeps the most needy people away from a healing, compassionate environment.

I don't believe the church, that is the mainstream church which we call christianity has every really preaced the cross in its purity and reality. It preaches it in a very shallow way.

But the genuine takeing of the Cross is not to live a life of self denial in the sense of denying this or that thing for ourselvs. The Cross and self denial is just this, the denial of Self all together. That is we don't live by Self whether good self or bad self. We deny Self and live by Christ who is within us.

Self denial is not denying ouselves this or that pleasure or this or that sin. It is just denying self altogether as our basis for living. It is livieng by Christ and enjoying Him as our indwelling Life.

We think of Self denial in terms of maybe fasting and denying ourself some thing. This is not self denial. This is asceticism.

We confuse biblical self denial and the cross with asceticism and this is the cause of much frustration in situations like this.

Often times Self is what would tell us to do this or that difficult thing or remain in an abusive situation or not to speak or what have you. Whereas if we denied Self and lived by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, He might just be the One to lead us out or whatever. The issue is not asceticism, but rather the doing of the Will of God which the Spirit leads us in and we must deny our Soul life (Self) to live by Him.

Graftedbranch

2006/2/15 16:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy