Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re: Not Your Buddy

Quote:
Guys do you really think this way?

I am a male and this article is essentially right on. There is a fundamental difference in the communication and expectations of men and women. By the way, every good father *and* every good church needs to do something with this reality. First, this attitude among worldly males must be acknowledged and guarded against. Second, mature Christian young men and women will never find themselves in this situation. Fathers and churches must focus their young people on true discipleship and following Christ. But, to answer your question, yes, the article is correct in explaining the thought patterns of most males, both non-Christian and professing Christian. Females, take warning.

2007/8/28 13:40Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Charlene,

Quote:
What would be ways that a Sister in Christ could make their intention Clear?

By just being upfront about your expectations for the relationship, whether it is a friendship or if you want it to be something more. Also by creating good boundaries such as no physical contact, no being alone with one another, etc.

If the man truly respects you he will agree to adhere to the guidelines set forth. If he does not agree, he is not worth pursuing anyways.

A Christian man does have a new heart but is still subject to temptation.

Listen to the Holy Spirit in all situations.

Murray

2007/8/28 22:58Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Murray,
thanks , you are right we have a new heart but are still subject to temptation. I really agree.
I think that is a wonderful piont.I hear of these sister, and even I did it. Thinking because they are Christain they should be differnt in some ways.

I think it good have already made rules, and then you don't add or take from it.You have your lines. But I think it wise to listen to Holy Spirit, so you have wisdom with your brothers.

Quote:
If the man truly respects you he will agree to adhere to the guidelines set forth. If he does not agree, he is not worth pursuing anyways

question isn't the guy the one suppose to pursue the women?

in his love
charlene

2007/8/28 23:16Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Quote:
Second, mature Christian young men and women will never find themselves in this situation. Fathers and churches must focus their young people on true discipleship and following Christ. But, to answer your question, yes, the article is correct in explaining the thought patterns of most males, both non-Christian and professing Christian. Females, take warning.

This wonderful words. To train and disciple the youth. This a good to know to warn younger women to know. And training for the young men too.
Thanks brother
for sharing

In his love
charlene

2007/8/28 23:19Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Murdog said:

Quote:
I can say these things having been one of them.

Murray, are you no longer one of them? :-P j/k

2007/8/28 23:53Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Charlene,

I guess I should have clarified that statement. What I meant was, the relationship is not worth continuing in if he does not respect your wishes. I didn't mean to actively pursue him.

Murray

2007/8/29 0:40Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

BeYeDoers,

If you mean no longer being a man, I wasn't referring to that. But I think you knew that! ;-)

Murray

2007/8/29 0:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy