SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival is not abnormal! - Billy Sunday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Revival is not abnormal! - Billy Sunday

"I believe the Bible is the word of God from cover to cover. I believe that the man who magnifies the word of God in his preaching is the man whom God will honor. Why do such names stand out on the pages of history asWesley, Whitefield, Finney and Martin Luther? Because of their fearless denunciation of all sin, and becausethey preach Jesus Christ without fear or favor."

But somebody says a revival is abnormal. You lie! Do you mean to tell me that the godless, card-playing conditions of the Church are normal? I say they are not, but it is the abnormal state. It is the sin-eaten, apathetic condition of the Church that is abnormal. It is the 'Dutch lunch' and beer party, card parties and the like, that are abnormal. I say that they lie when they say that a revival is an abnormal condition in the Church.

What we need is the good old-time kind of revival that will cause you to love your neighbors, and quit talking about them. A revival that will make you pay your debts, and have family prayers. Get that kind and then you will see that a revival means a very different condition from what people believe it does.

Christianity means a lot more than church membership. Many an old skin-flint is not fit for the balm of Gilead until you give him a fly blister and get after him with a currycomb. There are too many Sunday-school teachers who are godless card-players, beer, wine and champagne drinkers. No wonder the kids are going to the devil. No wonder your children grow up like cattle when you have no form of prayer in the home.

-Billy Sunday

2006/1/23 18:13Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re: Revival is not abnormal! - Billy Sunday

Awesome!!

2006/1/23 18:30Profile

Re: Revival is not abnormal! - Billy Sunday

Excellent! Thanks for sharing this. Where did you find it?;-)

Quote:
It is the sin-eaten, apathetic condition of the Church that is abnormal.

Quote:
What we need is the good old-time kind of revival that will cause you [b]to love your neighbors, and quit talking about them. [/b] A revival that will make you pay your debts, and [b]have family prayers.[/b] Get that kind and then you will see that a revival means a very different condition from what people believe it does.

Quote:
No wonder your children grow up like cattle when you have no form of prayer in the home.

2006/1/23 21:27
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=5]Right here. Its called Old-Time Religion[/url]

2006/1/24 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy