SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Careers in Science for christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Houston, Tx

Careers in Science for christians?

Hello its me Eloy, I would love to know what kind of jobs there is in science for christians. Like creation mostly. I would love to know what I could major and seek to be in a couple of years. I am really stressed right now not knowing were to go for college and not know what to go for in a career. All I know is that I want to serve the lord. I really like science espcially after wathching all of the Kent Hovind Seminars.

Thank you for whatever advice you can provide.

God bless.

Eloy[email][email protected][/email]

2006/1/23 16:36Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re: Careers in Science for christians?

First of all, how many years are you from college? If you still have a few years, don't freak out yet. You have plenty of time to seek the Lord, and He will reveal to you in due season.

There are all kinds of opportunities in medicine. You are not forced into evolution when it comes to medicine. You will have to take courses and learn it to get there, but you can get through that. And it's always fun to ask profs for proof/hard evidence of evolution. They never give you any real answers (which makes sense, considering it's a lie). Ministry is pretty wide open when it comes to medicine.

Teaching or research in chemistry, physics, biochemistry are also options, although research wouldn't provide many opportunities for ministry. I am currently in Optometry School at Indiana University, so I went the medicine route. God has shown me many ways to use this for His glory, and I get more excited as the days go by as to how I can serve Him through it.

Blessings,
denver

2006/1/23 16:56Profile

Re: Careers in Science for christians?

Well my friend, get unstressed. Get on a two week fast immediately this will clear your mind and the stress and worries will flee. While your fasting ask the LORD for direction. Take this advice as it will do you a world of good. Your at a critical moment where you need to go to the right or the left and the last thing that you need is to make a wrong decision.

2006/1/23 17:01
Roxi

Tallahassee, Florida

Re:

Quote:
Teaching or research in chemistry, physics, biochemistry are also options, although research wouldn't provide many opportunities for ministry.

There are plenty of opportunities for ministry in research! For example, you could do research in the biomedical field and study different treatments for specific diseases. I spent a year in my undergrad studies working on a potential treatment for Huntingtons Disease. Also, if you are remotely interested in becoming a professor in any of the sciences you will have to do a lot of research. And think of how many students you will be able to pray for in your lab and classroom!
To be honest though, I am only saying these things because I am some what partial :o). I happen to be researching in the field of Neuroscience pursuing my Ph.D. You may ask me...then what? Jesus knows!
My advise to you e-mail would be to pray and trust that God will show you His way. Don't be in a rush, but be open to His will and His timing. This is advise that I live by each day!

Tiffanie

2006/1/25 13:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy