SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pentagon spying on Quaker anti-military recruitment group

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Here's more. Bub

http://www.courant.com/features/lifestyle/hc-quakerspy.artjan16,0,5403190.story?coll=hc-big-headlines-breaking

sorry something is wrong with this link

2006/1/23 10:39
seekup

Re:

Jend
-"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God" matthew 5:9-is their highest calling. this would come before allegience to country.
You make an excellent point when you say this. However, I fail to see how providing sustanance, toiletries, and other commodities to our 'percieved goverment enemies'(well put BTW) qualifies as peacemaking. I have been in the military my entire adult life and have recieved many care packages. So I understand that those care packages had a direct impact on the welfare, fitness and condition of those enemy soldiers. That combined with the empowering knowledge that they are fighting a country that is divided against itself made those troops more combant effective. Thereby allowing them to kill more of our own countrymen. Not to mention the demoralizing effect it had on our troops who found those packages. How then can they be peacemakers if they help one side but forsake the other. If they were really interested in a peaceful solution they would have found a more positive way to help bring peace. Jill Carroll understood this when she came here to seek the truth about the effects war had on the people of a nation in conflict.(a plight we as Americans can not relate to, as we have not had a prolonged conflict on our soil for a long time.) Her earthly fate is unknown but her reward in Heaven will be great.(she is the CSM reporter who was abducted here in Iraq.) The origional subjects of this post can learn a lot from her example. That is after all what we are talking about. Most CO's are good people seeking to stand peacefully for what they believe and are not, at all, a threat to our nation. They have been observed and set apart from those who will harm our country in the name of 'peace'. They are out there and though you won't hear about them in the media, they intend to harm our nation and must be stopped. Again, we find ourselves toeing the line with civil liberties. ~Pray for those in authority~ that they will be just in their observations and fair in their efforts to find threats against peace. God bless you all for this well tempered debate and standing peacefully for your convictions. I pray that this can stand as an example for others to have healthy and productive dialogue for finding peace.

2006/1/23 12:16Profile
jend

u.s midwest ghetto

Re:

thanks for the information. i honor you for serving this country.
based on your letter, i can see you did not understand context of my letter. the information and the position presented was what had been presented to me. i did not say this was my position nor am i taking a position to defend the actions of the quakers in this one particular incident. i have not stated my position and in fact have only requested quaker, mennonites and amish to correct us if we have misrepresented them.
i believe ginny rose already conveyed the information of what you repeated with greater depth. it is not that i disagree with your position, it is just that it has already been posted.
again, i honor your service to this country.
peace out, jend
"he who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for The One who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him." John 7:18

2006/1/23 16:54Profile
jend

u.s midwest ghetto

Re:

after reading your email again, i saw a scriptural reference taken out of the context in which it was written. the scripture provided to me as support for the actions of the quakers when they sent the care packages was "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." matthew 5:44.
although "blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God" is referenced as embraced by all three of the peace churches, it was not the scripture i had used in reference to the care packages.
again, i honor the time you have spent serving our country.
peace out, jend
"he who speaks on his own does so to bring honor to himself, but he who works for the honor of The One who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false in him." john 7:18

2006/1/23 17:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I think there would be plenty of people in the 'peace' churches who would agree with your sentiments on this issue. To hear the liberals talk, the USA is responcible for so many ills in the world so they feel responcible to give some measure of comfort to the enemy. In saying so, they will ignore the conduct of the enemy, what they contributed to the ills....it is these liberals that vex many of the conservatives in the Anabaptist tradition....So a larger question looms: how can you show love to the enemy without jeopardizing anyone? On the other hand, if the opportunity would present itself, I am sure the Holy Spirit would instruct how to do this....

ginnyrose

2006/1/23 19:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Another spy story

The news media apears to be either naive, stupid or ignorant...this type of spying has been around for so long and is still being done by who knows who. The best we can do is do the right thing and it will not matter who spies on you. I would like to share an incident that happened a few years ago that will illustrate my point.

I was alone at the Crises Pregnancy Center, having just finished a very busy morning seeing clients when I get a call from Bethany Christian Services, an adoption agency. The caller told me they had a girl come in who is 8 months pregnant and needs clothes; she is also planning to give her baby up for adoption. I told her to come and I will see what we can do for her. (Now let me insert here that we have a close working relationship with BCS: whatever they need we will provide if it is within our power to do so). In ten minutes they were there: the client and a BCS volunteer who was mentoring their client.

This PG woman obviously needed clothes...she was almost naked, had very few clothes on..she looked awful. I bypassd the normal procedures - like doing a pregnancy test...my she obviously was very PG - we usually took before rendering services to a new client, because after all BCS would have done all that, right? Sure. Anyhow, I tried to make her feel comfortable, went to the closet, got several items of clothing out for her to try on which she did and then she came out looking like a well dressed lady. She was very grateful as was the BCS volunteer. A few days later her mentor took her to some government agency to see if she could get some financial assistance. The line was long and lunch time was upon them. So the mentor left her client inline while she went to a nearby snack machine to buy some food. When she came back the woman had disappeared...was nowhere to be found. Nowhere. She went outside, looked around and there did not seem to a place this female could have disappeared to in such a short period of time. She simply vanished.

Later BCS discovered this female had done this to cpcs in AL and another one in MS. Who was she? No one knows.

There are unanswered questions: was she really pregnant? Her caregiver said she never saw her undress....If I had done a pg test this question may have been answered. Her sob story was likely a fabrication...Why was there no ID? She did NOT have the body language of a female fixing to put her baby up for adoption (this I noticed very quickly but chalked it up to a, 'well, this is different!' case).

I am certain she was a spy, but for whom? To me it does not matter because I would not care if ALL of my speech, actions would have been taped. I know what I did and said was the right thing and I am not ashamed of it.

It may well be all of use being watched by someone and we may not know when it is going on so it is in our best interest to live in the fear of the LORD because He sees it all anyways and now that is what matters, IMO.

ginnyrose

2006/1/24 19:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy