SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will you stand up and die for your God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Will you stand up and die for your God?

appollus said

Quote:
As Christians we should fear nothing, even death, for in this Jesus is exalted in our lives, may He increase and may we decrease....

Ah brother Philip, it is all in the reckoning. A very understated word. Dear Philip, Abraham was pronounced righteous, and then came his own reckoning. We will never know the pain and the agony of taking his son up the hill and raising the knife. We come to know Jesus, but if we will go on with Him, if we will reckon our selves to be dead, each and every one of us will have the oppertuntiy to to take our journey, to lift the knife on our own personal idols and then God can say to you and me "now I know this man or woman will hold nothing back from me

This is a timely word for me, brother. Thanks.

And thank you too, from me, Phillip, for loudly banging the drum of truth. Amen.

2006/1/19 6:21

Re:

May God assist you in whatever makes this a timely word for you brother.............Frank

2006/1/21 12:37

Re:

appolus Frank, Your posts are new to me, as I'm just returning (by faith alone) from a medical leave.

May I say, from all I've read of yours tonite, so far, you are an asset to SI and your Mom screwed your head on straight.

Straight looking UP.

Glad He led you here.

I love the Classics !

A gift for you, in return for your gifting us here .....

Phi 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phi 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phi 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Phi 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Phi 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phi 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Phi 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Phi 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.

2006/1/22 0:51

Re:

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Your scriptures from Phillipians ae words that make me rejoice in the glory of our Lord. When we consider all that He suffered in our place, in makes our light and momentery trial. seem just that. He is High and lifted up and the train of His robe fills the temple , may all honor and glory be unto Jesus, that name which is above every name!!!!!!!!!!!

2006/1/22 12:56
jend

u.s midwest ghetto

Re:

"blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear." matthew 13:16
Amen!
peace out, jend
"he who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor The One who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him." john 7:18

2006/1/22 13:42Profile

Re: Will you stand up and die for your God?

My dear Frank,
I had to print that up to feast on it later, prayerfully. Oh, thank you!!

in Him, neil

2006/1/22 13:55

Re:

Thank you Neil, I hope it continues to minister to you. All our strength as Christians lies in Calvary and the cost. The deeper our revelation of Calvary, the deeper our walk with the Lord. .......Frannk

2006/1/22 23:45
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Gal 5:24 And they that [u]are Christ's have crucified the flesh[/u] with the affections and lusts.

In the KJV the word martus {mar'-toos} is translated witness 29 times. It is also translated martyr 3 times.

The word martyr and witness are the same word in the greek!

Are you a witness (martyr) for Christ?

2006/1/23 11:39Profile

Re:

Amen brother Parsley, God is looking for humble, obedient servants who are willing "to make themselves of no reputation."............Frank

2006/1/24 21:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy