SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Gonna speak for the first time

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Gonna speak for the first time

Hey fellow brethren and sisters,

There will be a church-camp coming weekend which will be about gifts and talents.
We will have a service on saturday-evening with the breaking of bread and wine.

The Lord gave me the chance to speak on that service and as I have never done it before I am pretty nervous. The bad thing is that my school project has been delayed which I . This friday I have to be done with all the documentation. This makes it hard for me te find time to spend with God in prayer and in writing a sermon.

A few days ago I was praying and telling God that I saw no way in completing the project and preparing a message to speak or even find a theme which would apply on these people. Surely I can bake something together and pick something to talk about, but I don't want to stand there for myself but for God.
The thought to 'backoff from speaking' crossed my mind, but God gave me a theme and things to speak about. However, the sermon is not done yet and neither is my project. Its a fight against the clock. Added to that, I'm not always that efficient with my time.

The subject of the sermon will be: [i]What or who in life drives us?[/i]

I really want God to speak through me and change people from the youthgroup and possible the groupleaders. I've noticed how easy and often we say that we put God first or sing that we do His will. And since we do that, its time to see if we are really lined up with His Word. To me it seems we are more lined up with 'doing' things.

I don't have time to read through many of the posts here, but I'll be praying for Art Katz and for Deltadom! If the Lord leads any of you to pray for me, please post something here I could pray for in return! :-)

2006/1/12 8:11Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: Gonna speak for the first time

Dear brother

Quote:
The thought to 'backoff from speaking' crossed my mind, but God gave me a theme and things to speak about. However, the sermon is not done yet and neither is my project. Its a fight against the clock. Added to that, I'm not always that efficient with my time.

"Be ye perfect and walk thou before Me"
(Gen 17:1)

Quote:

The subject of the sermon will be: What or who in life drives us?

So what drives you, speaking the sermon? That you may be just a vessel, a holy vessel, that He may speak through you

Quote:
If the Lord leads any of you to pray for me, please post something here I could pray for in return! :-)

i'd say you just keep your eyes on Jesus, we are not doing things to expect something back.

I'll pray for you as He leads me into that prayer, but i do want to know if it will be recorded, i would love to hear it [smile]

But He will supply, He is El Rohi, know and trust Him, and He will take care of the rest [smile]

Stay close to Jesus, The Living Word!!

your brother in Christ

-William

2006/1/12 10:17Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

I felt that I had to update do you guys, I haven't spoken at the camp.
Guess it wasn't my time yet. :-(

Thanks for whoever prayed for me! :-?

2006/1/16 15:03Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
Guess it wasn't my time yet.

i'd say pray over it, ask Him if it was a chance missed or not yet the time...He will teach and show it to you brother!

2006/1/16 15:57Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Will do.
Blessings bro!

2006/1/17 14:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy