SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this Spiritual Warfare?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Wildhorse

Australia

Is this Spiritual Warfare?

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone could shed any insight here... I have been diagnosed and suffer OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), so I sometimes need to check things or worry about things too much... it seems to go through my family... anyway..

I sometimes get repeating (what I would call) blasphemous thoughts going through my head which are pretty hard to fight off - basically just cursing THOUGHTS... I know they are wrong and keep praying to the LORD to help me beat it once and for all...

Also lately I have been trying to get rid of swearing as well, I am also getting the urge to want to say these things probably because I have restricted myself in an attempt to make everything that comes out of my mouth clean...

What can I do? I feel I am drowning here (proverbially...) and I just can't get rid of these thoughts.

I do not ever want to curse God, Look at what he has done for us all... I have no desire at all to have these thoughts running through my mind, so I especially don't want to ever say them, God Forbid!

If it is a form of warfare, how does Satan do this?

Any suggestions?
Scriptures?

God Bless
Brother in Christ
Michael

2006/1/11 7:19Profile

Re: Is this Spiritual Warfare?

Hi

I don't have any major insight as in 'is it warfare' but when I first came back to the Lord I had continuous blasphemous thoughts about God in my head from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed every day for quite a long time. I used to try to control these by retracting them all or repeating truth over and over in my head to try to stop this from happening as I felt that if I didn't keep doing this then it would be like I meant them but I really didn't want or mean them. In the end I completely gave up trying to stop or fight them but got to a place where I just let go but in the right sense and said a very simple prayer that Jesus would keep me through it and not let them defile or confuse me and they just dissapeared and one day I reallised I didn't have them any more. I think I have always had a slight tendency towards obsessive behaviour right from when I was little as I remember going through a stage when I was quite little going through a phase where I had to say a collection of words before my parents went out as I was scared that if I didn't say them then they might not come back. I knew it was silly but didn't seem to be able to stop doing it.

I think that the devil knows our weaknesses and one of mine is a tendency towards obsessive thoughts and quite an overactive imagination. I am a terrible 'what if' person. He will use these things to try to throw me from time to time but God has always just brought peace and sanity to my mind when I have really just stopped trying to fight them and really just given it all over to Him to sort out. It sometimes has taken me a while but hopefully as time goes on I learn how to do this better.

Don't know if this helps at all.

2006/1/11 7:30
Wildhorse

Australia

Re:

Praise God!
I am not alone then. I had those things when I was young too...

Thanks for the advice :)

Michael

2006/1/11 8:17Profile

Re:

That's ok, I always find it encouraging to know that other people experience similar things as it can be really isolating and lonely otherwise. Anyway - I would not really think myself qualified to give any proper advice but just can relate it to my own experience.

:-)

2006/1/11 11:06
brentw

Ohio

Wildhorse, I believe firmly this is spiritual warfare. The enemy works heavily on our minds!
I just read a chapter on warfare of the mind by Watchmen Nee. The book is called "The spiritual man". He goes into flashing thoughts, forgetfulness, dreams, uttering things that just pop into our minds, and he calls these things evil spirits distracting us to not focus on the Holy Spirit. Nee tells us to resist these things. I encourage you to read the bible alot and during those times of evil thoughts I try to pray. Reading your bible alot is "brain washing"!

2006/1/11 14:01Profile
Helpmeplease

Re:

same here.
im cursing things in my head, cursing everyone including God. then i try to pray so it wont happen.
though thise things arent real, or wont happen, idk why i believe it migth happen and im afraid of it.
i asked God to take it away form me but its still going on.
i can look like a normal happy person on the outside but inside me in like a storm, esp on nuights when i lay awake and thsoe thoughts rush into me. geez ;/
i have a feeling i have mental problem too besides my depression , because i keep imagining i see supernatural things and dont dar ebe alone at home.
i relaly wanna get rid of all these things.
it seems like mim the only one in my whole church? lol..

2010/11/6 8:04Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Satan by design takes advantage wherever and whenever he can but confessing our difficulties in overcoming him is a critical first step towards overcoming him

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We all have thorns in our "flesh" that is the messenger of satan doing his best to succeed in driving a wedge between us and God. We can try to defeat these thorns through adherence to God and His law but the just as the jews never could keep the law neither can Christians overcome sin.

You can ask God to take away your problem but I doubt if He will......He did not take away Paul's thorn and in fact used it to keep Paul humble and as a way to show grace and mercy towards Paul.

So what can we do"

Darkness is never changed to light but light displaces darkness!

What you need to do is have in increase in the light that is your faith. The only way your faith can be increased is for God to increase it and faith cometh by hearing the Word of God. With an increase in the faith that is His light in you the darkness that is troubling you will flee

But faith does not get increased by hearing and believing a bunch of man made doctrines and theologies about what is written in the Bible.

So I have given you one simple verse to believe in......... by confessing your temptation you have put Satan on notice that you will defeat him the same same way Jesus did when Satan tried to tempt Him....... through knowing and believing the Word of God.

My prayer for you is that God shine the truth on you so that the same Word of God that Jesus lived by become the source of your life.

Blessings

Doug

2010/11/6 9:00Profile
cass10

To all of those who shared similar stories:

2 Corinthians 10:2
"casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"

EVERY thought, we are to ask, is this in line with God's Word?
So I agree with the others who have suggested you fill your mind with the Word of God.

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a SOUND MIND."

1 Corinthians 2: 16
"For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the MIND of Christ."

The first step is to stop, and say aloud, no that is NOT my thought, it is a lie (blasphemy, etc) and I take it captive! Let these scriptures soak in and find others that are encouraging to you and speak TRUTH to you.

2010/11/6 9:38Profile

I think everyone who follows Christ has experienced wicked thoughts , impressions or dreams projected upon them by the wicked demons. I would consider your[s] a little further down the line, having entered into the realm of being tormented.

The Bible speaks of "perfect love" casting away all fear, in which this torment would fall under. Perfect love , perfect Peace.

Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You."

1. Wash your mind continually with the "water of the Word".
Read the Psalms and Scriptures in a meditative, worshipping way, until His Peace begins to envelop you. Do this often, and each morning...and throughout the day.

2. Refuse the spirit of condemnation. We have the power to:
"cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ." This power is given to every believer, not just super apostles.

3.Enter into into a prayer group with trusted and mature friends who can minister to you, and you can be transparent with. This is quite beatable, and can be overcome, but not without a fight.
As these thoughts and entities are continually exposed and brought before the holy light of Jesus, they will loosen their grip, and flee.

When this occurs, fill up your "house" with God, lest finding it swept and clean, more wickedness returns and your end is worse. Otherwise, keep yourself clean, and sin no more.

As far as how this began; who knows? There are recorded instances in the Bible of children who were violated by demons. It probably wasn't your fault, and even if it was...you are free in Jesus. Attack this thing with violence, and don't stop until you overcome it.

Have spiritual men lay hands on you, and pray for healing often; until you win. You can do this. Don't think you cannot.

2010/11/6 12:57
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In addition to the points given in how to beat the Enemy may I suggest that you pray, asking the Father to reveal to you what you have in your possession that attracts demons. When He shows you, collect it and have a bonfire! Burn it! Do not sell it! By selling it you will be promoting another person in his lifestyle in Evil. These items may include books, music, artwork, plus other objects that symbolize rebellion,evil, etc.

If you recall, Acts 19:19 records a similar incident.

God bless you...you can be delivered...

ginnyrose

2010/11/6 13:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy