SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer about school...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Prayer about school...

Hello...!

I am requesting prayer about a problem that I am experiencing with school registration. Last semester, I finished my thesis for Graduate School. My thesis was reviewed, accepted and successfully defended. However, the Dean of Graduate Studies was out of the country when I turned in my thesis to his office for review. So he was never able to approve it for publication -- a requirement for graduation. So I was forced to postpone graduation until this May. However, this will give me some more time to submit a shortened version of the paper to a Journal for publication (with a chance to obtain funding or a research grant at a possible phD program). I will also have the semester to spend time in deep prayer concerning the direction that the Lord has for my immediate future -- including a job, a phD or ministry.

Here is a new problem: I have not yet taken the GRE examination. The GRE is an examination required for [i]entrance[/i] to Graduate School. However, my scores are exempt because, as an undergrad, I graduated with honors. I was able to remain exempt because I have maintained a 4.0 throughout grad school. However, last summer, I was told that I needed to submit my GRE scores before I could graduate. I have sent off the application (as well as a voucher from the University that will pay for this expensive test). But this paperwork has not yet arrived. I am unable to enroll until I either take the test, or present the paperwork that I am registered for the test. My scholarships and grants are also on hold until I enroll.

Please pray that I receive favor with the Dean and Provost of the University in the next couple of days. I am not really worried about taking the test (although I ask for your prayers in that too), but I really need to enroll as soon as possible. Please pray that I am able to enroll for this last Thesis class over the next couple of days!

Thank you for your prayers, and I will let you know how God answers!

:-)

2006/1/11 1:39Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Prayer about school...

Praise the Lord!

The Lord has answered my request -- and helped me financially at the same time!

I went to the Graduate Department, and the Dean of Graduate Studies happened to be out for the next three weeks. As a result, I went to the Office of Admissions to request that the "hold" be removed so that I could register. I explained my situation -- and they removed the hold without even asking for GRE paperwork! They are not never supposed to do that! And not only that, but I spoke to the Admissions counselor, and she recommended me for a new research grant at the same time!

God has indeed turned my fear into yet another marvel at his powerful work! Thank you, Lord!

2006/1/12 23:15Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

Brother Chris:

Indeed, it sounds as though our Lord has been blessing you mightily. Keep on pressing on in your walk with Him.

As your signature has Jer. 29:11 in it, so does our Lord hold that verse in truth. He's faithfully shown in your testimony how He works out His will is far better than we expect.

"Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you don't know" (Jer. 33:3)...so true.

God bless,
Benjamin

2006/1/13 11:46Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. (Psalms 5:12)

Amen, He is faithful...

2006/1/13 13:09Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Prayer for the Dean...

Thank you, brothers and sisters, for your prayers. The Lord did once again demonstrate his faithfulness even in such a matter as this.

However, now I am requesting prayer for something much more important:

The Dean of Graduate Studies at this University (Texas A&M University-Kingsville) has been diagnosed with cancer. He is a wonderful man that has operated as the Dean of Graduate Studies for many years, while also teaching certain Chemistry courses as well. I am not certain about his relationship with God. I have mentioned my faith in Christ to him on several occasions, and he was quite open and respectful. However, I am hoping to introduce the way of salvation to him as soon as he returns from chemotherapy in San Antonio.

Please pray for him. His name name is Dr. Olivarez. He is married and also has several children. Please pray for his family as well. Pray that God will receive glory out of this situation.

2006/1/17 1:06Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Prayer for the Dean...

Hello...

Thank you to those that were praying. Dr. Olivarez finished chemotherapy -- and has even returned to work! Yesterday, I was able to speak with him, and he looked much better! I told him that I was praying for him and asking others to pray. He was deeply appreciative. I will meet with him again tomorrow, and hopefully, I will be given the opportunity to introduce Christ to him (even though I am uncertain as to his belief now).

Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers!

Thank you!

2006/5/4 17:12Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

I will be praying chris,

let us know how things go.

take care brother

2006/5/4 23:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.