SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Bible Quiz-are you ready?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Bible Question #3: What was Jesus' purpose in coming to earth?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn to Matthew 18:11.

You may have a hard time finding this verse. In many new, 'modern', versions this verse is missing! The verses are numbered 10 then 12, 13,
14! Or you may find verse 11 is in brackets, casting doubt as to whether it is scriptural.

Let's see what the Authorized King James says:

"For the Son of man is come TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST."

This one verse, which summarizes Jesus' entire mission to earth, is either ignored in 'new' versions; or it is put in brackets casting doubt
on it! This verse contains a KEY piece of Christian doctrine.

People have to know they are lost, i.e. that they have a problem, to know they need a saviour.

I agree, this verse contains a KEY piece of Christian doctrine and so does the NIV. They do not ignore this either.

Luke 19:10 says,

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

Where is the consipracy???

2006/1/12 11:27Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I am not going to go through all of these due to lack of time but I wanted to end on this:

Quote:
Bible Question #6: How did Jesus' going to the cross bring our redemption?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 'modern' version will NOT tell you how! (in Colossians 1:14). It says (of Jesus):

"in whom we have redemption ..."

The full Christian doctrine is only included in the King James reading of the same verse. Properly stated, it says (of Jesus):

"In whom we have redemption THROUGH HIS BLOOD ..."

Without the shedding of blood there is NO remission of sins.
Leaving out "the blood" misses a key point of doctrine (and leaves us in our sins).

You are correct in that "Without the shedding of blood there is NO remission of sins.
Leaving out "the blood" misses a key point of doctrine (and leaves us in our sins)."

The NIV is not part of a conspiracy to "leave out the blood". If the NIV was trying to "leave out the blood" why did they KEEP Ephesians 1:7?

New International Version
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace"

2006/1/12 11:50Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

[u]Bible Question #1: How many Gods are there?[/u]
You are misunderstanding the nature of this particular passage of scripture. It is the exclamation of a heathen king who believed in 'many gods'. It is not a doctrinal statement about the trinity. The Aramaic (this is part of the Aramaic section of Daniel) is 'elahin' the plural form of 'god'. For Nebuchadnezzar to have said anything else would have necessitated him receiving a unique revelation of the God of Israel.
Your complaint of heresy should be aimed at Nebuchadnezzar rather than bible translators who have faithfully translated the word as they found it.

[u]Bible Question #2: Who was Jesus' father?[/u]
Who did Mary think Jesus' father was?Luke 2:48 (KJVS) And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 'father' used in this sense is not pointing to biology but to relationship. Joseph was Jesus' father in every sense but the biological. For modern translators to have used 'father' in your reference is not an indication of their views on the incarnation but of 'textual criticism'.
In comparing different mss Erasmus and Stephens etc 'judged' that the correct Greek word here was the name for Joseph. Tyndale did not do his own 'textual criticism' but based his translation of that of Erasmus. Subsequently later 'textual critics' came to a different judgment. Griesbach 1805, Tischendorf 1869, Tregelles 1857, Alford 1849 as revised in 1871, Westcott & Hort 1881, Nestle-Aland 1979, judged that the original Greek had read "his father" instead of "Joseph". My own favourite is Wordsworth, following Scrivener 1856, who stuck to the Erasmus, Stephens view, but these later editors judgments have absolutely nothing to do with their view of the incarnation. You will notice how many of these earlier editors predate Westcott and Hort. This was not started by W & H.

[u]Bible Question #3: What was Jesus' purpose in coming to earth?[/u]
The editors were not trying to alter the purpose otherwise they would have also removed the verse from “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”(Luke 19:10, KJVS)
The answer to this question is found in Q2 above. This is a difference of opinion among scholars. You may listen to their evidence and make their choice but to imply conspiracy is unjustified.

[u]Bible Question #4: Noah was a great man used by God to build the?~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ark. To be called for such a task required Noah to be approved by the Lord, God. So, how was Noah 'justified' before God? Was Noah's justification by his own works?[/u] These question are becoming more bizarre. 'favour' is just another translation of the Hebrew and Greek words. The Hebrew word 'chen' is translated 'grace' in the KJV of Gen 6:8 and in 37 other places but is translated 'favour' 26 times in the OT.
You are mixing up the modern idea of favour meaning to 'prefer' with the biblical concept of 'unmerited favour' or 'grace'. In fact, your own KJV uses 'favour' in reference to both Moses and David...Acts 7:10 (KJVS) And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.
Acts 7:46 (KJVS) Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. ...as a translation of the word 'charis-grace'

I think I have answered sufficient of these questions to show that you have clearly made up your mind and will bend each instance to support your view. However your view remains unjustified.
...and all this from a confirmed KJV user!!

2006/1/13 5:28Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro LS

Quote:
Very nice Brother, I've had similiar experience, I started out in the Living Bible and read that over and over and the LORD led me to the KJV, I have another version the LAMSA which I refer to for a secondary opinion. But I don't subscribe to this bible bashing on those who don't read the KJV. I have found that when you try to knock someones faith, they dig in their heels even more, however I have also found that If I add to their faith then I've gained a friend. And as a friend I have much better chance of influencing him then if I were his enemy.

bro i thank the Lord He's made it plain to me He's not limited by the text i read but that at the end of the day His very Spirit ministers to me in accordance to His will. It's plain and simple to me i thank the Lord for that realization. i think wrong to bash the different versions so as to vex people who otherwise have received the Lord's ministry through Holy Spirit's use of a different version than the basher would prefer. At the end of the day we should seek the Lord's counsel in all earnesty.

2006/1/13 11:21Profile

Re: Names of Christ and Titles of Deity Missing in the NIV=176 times

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:
Bible Question #3: What was Jesus' purpose in coming to earth?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn to Matthew 18:11.

You may have a hard time finding this verse. In many new, 'modern', versions this verse is missing! The verses are numbered 10 then 12, 13,
14! Or you may find verse 11 is in brackets, casting doubt as to whether it is scriptural.

Let's see what the Authorized King James says:

"For the Son of man is come TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST."

This one verse, which summarizes Jesus' entire mission to earth, is either ignored in 'new' versions; or it is put in brackets casting doubt
on it! This verse contains a KEY piece of Christian doctrine.

People have to know they are lost, i.e. that they have a problem, to know they need a saviour.

I agree, this verse contains a KEY piece of Christian doctrine and so does the NIV. They do not ignore this either.

Luke 19:10 says,

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

Where is the consipracy???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response:

The conspiracy? It is MISSING in Matthew 18:11 in the NIV. It is deleted in Matthew 18:11 in the NIV. It is Ripped from Matthew 18:11. That is the problem with the NIV and other newer versions- key Biblical text has been elimiated.

An example would be:

Names of Christ and Titles of Deity Missing

It is the omission of Sacred Names that has often caused the first doubts over the trustworthiness of the modern translations. Names of Deity are missing and they are missing frequently! The totals of such omissions in two of the most popular versions—The New American Standard and The New International—are tabulated below. Where these Names are in combination, they have been counted separately.

N.I.V
Jesus 73
Christ 44
Lord 35
God 31
Other
Names 30
Total NIV Missing Names= 176

N.A.S.V. .
Jesus 36
Christ 43
Lord 35
God 33
Other
Names 30
Total NASV Missing Names = 214

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The NIV and the newer version WATER DOWN BIBLE DOCTRINE. IT IS NOT FOUND THROUGHOUT THE NIV, ONLY IN LIMITED PLACES (COMPARED TO THE KING JAMES). THIS SHOULD ALARM YOU, YET YOU SUPPORT IT?

THE BOOK OF MATTHEW
King James
MAT 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom OF GOD, and his righteousness:…
NIV
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,…
King James
MAT 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, JESUS, thou Son of God?
NIV
What do you want with us, Son of God? they shouted.
King James
MAT 13:36 Then JESUS sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
NIV
Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”
King James
MAT 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, LORD.
NIV
Have you understood all these things? Jesus asked. Yes, they replied.
King James
MAT 15:30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at JESUS’ feet; and he healed them:
NIV
Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the dumb and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
King James
MAT 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was JESUS the Christ.
NIV
Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ
King James
MAT 17:20 And JESUS said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed,…
NIV
He replied “Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed…
King James
MAT 18:2 And JESUS called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
NIV
He called a little child and had him stand among them.
King James
MAT 18:11 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS COME TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST.
NIV
Nothing --------------------------

King James
MAT 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, THAT IS, GOD
NIV
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied, “There is only One who is good.”
King James
MAT 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple OF GOD, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple,…
NIV
Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there.
King James
MAT 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of GOD in heaven.
NIV
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven
King James
MAT 22:32 …GOD is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
NIV
…He is not the God of the dead but of the living.
King James
MAT 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, EVEN CHRIST; and all ye are brethren.
NIV
“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi’, for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.”
King James
MAT 24:2 And JESUS said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
NIV
“Do you see all these things?” he asked. “I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
King James
MAT 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour WHERIN THE SON OF MAN COMETH.
NIV
Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
King James
MAT 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the LORD lay.
NIV
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.

THE BOOK OF MARK
King James
MAR 5:13 And FORTHWITH JESUS gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine:
NIV
He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.
King James
MAR 6:33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew HIM, and afoot thither out of all cities, outwent them, and came together unto HIM.
NIV
But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them.
King James
MAR 7:27 But JESUS said unto her, Let the children first be filled:…
NIV
“First let the children eat all they want,” he told her,…
King James

King James
MAR 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, AND SAID WITH TEARS, LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
NIV
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.”
King James
MAR 11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, THAT COMETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD: Hosanna in the highest.
NIV
Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!
King James
MAR 11:14 And JESUS answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever.
NIV
Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.”
King James
MAR 11:26 BUT IF YE DO NOT FORGIVE, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN FORGIVE YOU YOUR TRESPASSES.
NIV
Nothing-----------------------
King James
MAR 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the GOD of the living:…
NIV
He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
King James
MAR 14:45 And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, MASTER; and kissed him.
NIV
Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Rabbi!” and kissed him.

THE BOOK OF LUKE

King James
LUK 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong IN SPIRIT, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
NIV
And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.
King James
LUK 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD.
NIV
Jesus answered, “It is written: Man does not live on bread alone.”
King James
LUK 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art CHRIST the Son of God…
NIV
Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, “You are the Son of God.”

King James
LUK 7:22 Then JESUS answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard;…
NIV
So he replied to the messengers “Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard:…
King James
LUK 7:31 AND THE LORD SAID, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
NIV
“To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like?
King James
LUK 9:56 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS NOT COME TO DESTROY MEN'S LIVES, BUT TO SAVE THEM. And they went to another village.
NIV
and they went to another village.
King James
LUK 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, LORD, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
NIV
As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
King James
LUK 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom OF GOD; and all these things shall be added unto you.
NIV
But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
King James
LUK 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, LORD, LORD, open unto us;
NIV
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, “Sir, open the door for us.”
King James
LUK 21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings OF GOD: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
NIV
All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.
King James
LUK 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, LORD, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
NIV
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
King James

It is the omission of SACRED NAMES that has often caused the first doubts over the trustworthiness of the modern translations. Names of Deity are missing and they are missing frequently! The totals of such omissions in two of the most popular versions-The New American Standard and The New International-are tabulated below. Where these Names are in combination, they have been counted separately.
N.A.S.V.
Jesus 36 Christ 43 Lord 35 God 33 Other Names 30

NIV (New International Version) Jesus 73 Christ 44 Lord 55 God 31 Other Names 30

Total Missing Names NASV 214 NIV 176

THE BOOK OF MARK
King James =MAR 5:13 And FORTHWITH JESUS gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine
NIV= He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.

King James= MAR 6:33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew HIM, and afoot thither out of all cities,out went them, and came together unto HIM.
NIV= But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them.

King James =MAR 7:27 But JESUS said unto her, Let the children first be filled:…
NIV =“First let the children eat all they want,” he told her,… King James

King James =MAR 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, AND SAID WITH TEARS, LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
NIV =Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.”

King James= MAR 11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, THAT COMETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD: Hosanna in the highest.
NIV =Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!
King James= MAR 11:14 And JESUS answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever.
NIV= Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.”

King James =MAR 11:26 BUT IF YE DO NOTFORGIVE, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVENFORGIVE YOU YOUR TRESPASSES.
NIV------------Nothing-----------------------

King James= MAR 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the GOD of the living:…
NIV He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

King James= MAR 14:45 And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, MASTER; and kissed him.

NIV= Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Rabbi!” and kissed him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In conclusion, please pray about this before anyone responds. What does the Holy Spirit say about this?

God bless,

Stever

[b]Names of Christ and Titles of Deity Missing in the NIV== 176 Times[/b]

2006/1/15 4:10

Re: Test the Spirit

Ironman said:

"bro i thank the Lord He's made it plain to me He's not limited by the text i read but that at the end of the day His very Spirit ministers to me in accordance to His will. It's plain and simple to me i thank the Lord for that realization. i think wrong to bash the different versions so as to vex people who otherwise have received the Lord's ministry through Holy Spirit's use of a different version than the basher would prefer. At the end of the day we should seek the Lord's counsel in all earnesty."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stevers' response:

In this day when the Apostate Church is here and now, and not in the future, we have to rely on God's Word to square what the Spirit tells us. Today we as Christians have the Holy Spirit, that resides in our hearts as the "down payment". We will not be perfect until we are like HIM (Jesus Christ). When will that be? At the rapture, when we receive our new resurrected bodies of Flesh and Bone- Glorified bodies like Jesus Christ's new resurrected body. In the meantime we are still in this body of flesh and blood. As such, we do indeed have the Spirit, that indwells us. However, we still have our flesh, and Satan still has the power to tempt us, just like he did to Jesus Christ when he was in the wilderness, and after that.

The Bible that we read, that we test the spirit against is of utmost importance.

When I look at Rick Warren and his "Purpose Driven Church" & "Purpose Driven Life", and all of the myriad new Bible versions that he uses (all of newer ones, he just chooses the version that he wants to make his point with), I see nothing but error............

Rick Warren, who uses every newer translation know to man in his book "The Purpose Driven Life" , page 34, states the following One day you will stand before God, and he (small "h") will do an audit of your life, a final exam,before you enter eternity. The bible says, "Remember each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God...Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God."God doesn't ask about our religious background or doctrinal views. The only thing that will matter is, did you accept what Jesus Christ did for you and did you learn to love and trust him (small h again)."
xxxxxxxxx

Stever's response to Rick Warren:
We are not going to be asked about our relationship with Jesus Christ,because if we were not saved, we would not be before the judgment seat of Christ in the first place. Perhaps Warren thinks that he has to appear for
JUDGMENT before the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT, that is only for the lost?
If he thinks that, then he is in trouble for sure. He also continues to indicate that salvation also depends upon learning to love and trust Jesus experientially. This is a progressive salvation teaching and is contrary to
sound doctrine, but Warren indicates that doctrine is not important. And tens of thousands of pastors are insisting that their Church bodies read Warren's books and espouse this kind of fuzzy,confusing heresy.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stever continues:
We must have the Doctrine, the "teaching" of Christ throughout the Old and New Testament to compare what the Spirit is telling us.

Just look what the newer versions have done to the very word DOCTRINE:

In the Old Testament we find the word "doctrine" six times in the KJV as
translated from the Masoretic Text. Two different Hebrew words were
understood to be doctrine in the context; In the NIV, NASV, and the HCSB,
these words are translated to be: "teaching," seven times;"beliefs,"once;
"instruction," four times; "message," twice; "taught," once; "discipline,"
once; "instructed," once; and "instruct," once. Now we would think that in just one of the eighteen places the new versions would take into consideration that for over four hundred years millions of Christian scholars and laymen had understood these words to mean doctrine. But no,
the word" doctrine" must go!!!!!

But you say, what difference does it make if the Scripture says doctrine,teaching, instruction, or message? Let's continue and go to the New
Testament.In the New Testament, the word" doctrine" occurs forty-four times in the
singular in the KJV. The Greek word for" doctor" in the Received Text is didaskalos. The Greek word for" doctrine" is didaskalia. There is no excuse for translating didaskalia as teaching, beliefs, message, or instruction. Your doctor may instruct you to take prescribed medicine, or he may try to teach you how to take care of your health. But teaching or
instructing are not the doctor, any more than teaching or instruction is doctrine. Discipleship, or teaching and instruction, come from doctrine.

We read in the four Gospels that the masses were amazed at the DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ, and "DOCTRINE is found in the singular twelve times in the Gospels. Now we might think that in at least one place the NIV, NASV, or
the HCSB would translate from the Westcott and Hort text the word "doctrine." Think again-it isn't there. In all twelve places, all three
versions substitute "teaching" for doctrine. Coincidence? No!

In the book of Acts "doctrine" is mentioned four times. Again, the NIV,
NASV, and the HCSB say "teaching" -not "doctrine."

In the general epistles, "doctrine" is mentioned nine times in the KJV. In
the other versions referenced, the Greek is translated "teaching,""instruction," or "message." Finally, the NASV in Ephesians 4:
14 translated the Greek to mean" doctrine." In the Pastoral Epistles, the KJV references "doctrine" sixteen times, and finally the new Westcott and Hort versions do relent somewhat, possibly to avoid conservative criticism of the heavily doctrinal epistles. In the Pastoral Epistles, of the sixteen
times" doctrine" is mentioned, the NIVtranslates the word "doctrine" seven times, and "teaching" nine times; the NASV, "doctrine" eight times,
"teaching" eight times; the HCSB, "doctrine"only three times, "teaching" thirteen times. The NIV claims dynamic equivalency. The HCSB claims
optimal equivalency-some option! In the three scriptures in Revelation where the word "doctrine" appears, "teaching" has taken its place in all three versions, as in all Westcott and Hort newer versions.

Is it any wonder that the entire body of Christ is getting fuzzy on Doctrine? What else should we expect when all newer versions rely on the
corrupted text? The Church of Laodicea- the Apostate Church- is unfolding before our eyes. The Apostate Church is being fueled by the newer versions. At least, that is my humble, personal view.

The word "Doctrine" appears in the KJV in the following Scriptures:

Deut 32:2; Job 11:4; Proverbs 4:2; Isaiah 28:9; Isaiah 29:24; Jeremiah 10:8;
Matthew 7:28; Matthew 16:12; Matthew 22:33; Mark 1:22; Mark 1:27; Mark 4:2;
Mark 11:18; Mark 12:38; Luke 4:32; John 7:16; John 7:17; John 18:9; Acts
2:24; Acts 5:28; Acts 13:12; Acts 17:19; Romans 6:17; 1 Cor 14:6;1 Cor
14:26; Ephesians 4:14; 1 Timothy 1:3; 1 Timothy 1:10; 1 Timothy 4:6; 1
Timothy 4:13; 1 Timothy 4:16; 1 Timothy 5:17; 1 Timothy 6:1; 1 timothy 6:3;
2 Timothy 3:10; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Timothy 4:2; 2 Timothy 4:3; Titus 1:9;
Titus 2:1; Titus 2:7; Titus 2:10; Hebrews 6:1; Hebrews 6:2; 2 John 9; 2 John
10; Revelation 2:14; Revelation 2:15; Revelation 2:24

Now, check out your newer version- The NIV, NASV, etc. What do you find?
Does the same word DOCTRINE appear, or is it different words like:
instruction, teaching, discipline. These different words take the actual
meaning out of the original word, as used in the KJV, and substitute it
inconsistently for other words. Eventhough these "other words" convey part
of the meaning (found in the newer versions), they fall short by not being
consistent throughout. This is what creates misunderstanding on the part of
the new believer, or for that matter anyone reading any one of the newer
versions.

The definition of doctrine is found in the Hebrew (Old Testament) as
follows:

Strong's Number: 3948

Transliterated: leqach

Phonetic: leh'-kakh

Text: from 3947; properly, something received, i.e. (mentally) instruction
(whether on the part of the teacher or hearer); also (in an active and
sinister sense) inveiglement: -doctrine, learning, fair speech.

Strong's Number: 8052

Transliterated: shmuw`ah

Phonetic: sehm-oo-aw'

Text: feminine passive participle of 8074; something heard, i.e. an
announcement: --bruit, doctrine, fame, mentioned, news, report, rumor,
tidings.

Strong's Number: 4148

Transliterated: muwcar

Phonetic: moo-sawr'

Text: from 3256; properly, chastisement; figuratively, reproof, warning or
instruction; also restraint: --bond, chastening ([-eth]), chastisement,
check, correction, discipline, doctrine, instruction, rebuke.

The definition for Doctrine is found in the Greek (New Testament) is as
follows:

Strong's Number: 1322

Transliterated: didache

Phonetic: did-akh-ay'

Text: from 1321; instruction (the act or the matter): --doctrine, hath been
taught.

As well as:

Strong's Number: 1319

Transliterated: didaskalia

Phonetic: did-as-kal-ee'-ah

Text: from 1320; instruction (the function or the information): --doctrine,
learning, teaching.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's conclusion: The fruit of those that do not square (compare--verify) their "revelation" received by the Spirit to the Gospel---- is error. We are told in 2 Tomothy to "14. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16. BUT SHUM PROFANCE AND VAIN BABBLINGS;FOR THEY WILL INCREASE UNTO MORE UNGODLINESS.
17. And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is HYMENAEUS AND PHILETUS;
18. WHO CONCERNING THE TRUTH HAVE ERRED, SAYING THAT THE RESURRECTION IS PAST ALREADY; AND OVERTHROW THE FAITH OF SOME."

Test the Spirit

God bless,

Stever

[u][i][b]Test the Spirit[/b][/i][/u]

2006/1/15 4:41
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Stever,

If the NIV is conspiring the downgrade the deity of Christ, why does it contain so many affirmations to the deity of Christ?

(You will see proof of this in my previous posts)

2006/1/15 17:03Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Stever,

I'm not going to dive in this discussion, but I am curious about one part of your post:

Quote:
Stever wrote:
We are not going to be asked about our relationship with Jesus Christ,because if we were not saved, we would not be before the judgment seat of Christ in the first place. Perhaps Warren thinks that he has to appear for

What do you know that will happen at the judgement seat?

2006/1/15 17:13Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Stever
you've stated that the word doctrine doesn't appear as often in the newer versions of the word as it does in the kjv. in the Lord's dealings with me through scripture, He's made it so that by His Spirit, whatever He requires me to learn is indeed learned irrespective of which version i use. The Lord is teaching me to read the KJV but i do not see/sense any difference in His ministry to me whether it's through the KJV or not (hope that makes sense)

The Apostasy of the church today is not because of the new bible versions (though i'm sure some have come as a result of this apostasy as evidenced from the whole purpose driven life thing)i think also the spirit in which we search the scriptures is equally important as well. The apostasy and indeed the ineptitude of us as the Church is because we have no submitted to the Spirit of God. Bro Stever i maintain that even if we had the perfect text, undefiled in any way and had not the Spirit which breathed these scriptures to minister to us, then what good is that? The preservation of the word of God in scripture is not in the text but in that the Spirit of God has not and does not change and He will minister to us what He hears from heaven. bro i'll be real with you, i don't know greek nor do i know much about the various texts (receptus et al) from which the various versions come from, i don't feel led to delve into that and it seems to me that we could continue debating this issue till Christ resturns in the clouds without coming to a conclusion. That being said let each of us seek the Lord in all earnesty that He reveal His word to us by whatever means/version necessary to get His will/work done.

Lord, your will be done.AMEN

2006/1/15 18:30Profile

Re: The Bema Judgment seat of rewards

Quote:

Warrior4Jah wrote:
Hey Stever,

I'm not going to dive in this discussion, but I am curious about one part of your post:

Quote:
Stever wrote:

What do you know that will happen at the judgement seat?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response to Warrior4jah:

This is a long post, but specifically answers your question in minute detail:

The believer does not have to worry about the wrath to come (Wrath= Hell [Judgment for sins], as well as the Great Tribulation). 1 Thes 1:10 tells us " 10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."

The lost await the Great White Throne Judgment, at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth. At this judgment, that are judged by their own works, since they would not trust in the work that Jesus Christ performed for all on Calvary and at the resurrection.

Revelation 20 describes this judgment of the lost: " 11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."----All of them have been erased from the Lambs Book of Life because during their lifetimes they rejected Jesus Christ: Revelation 3:5-6 tells us:
5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

The Judgment Seat of Christ, referred to as the Bema Seat:

The "Bema seat" (or judgment seat) was an elevated seat, located in Corinth. At this seat in the square, Roman magistrates would sit and administer justice. Athletes may also have appeared here and received rewards for having distinguished themselves.

If a person is unsaved and dies in their sin, they will be judged at the "great white throne judgment" following the Millennium. If a person is a born-again believer in Jesus, they will be judged at the "judgment seat of Christ."

Salvation is not an issue at this judgment. Their sins have already been forgiven. A person might then ask, how will we be judged? and for what will we be judged?

At this judgment, we must give an account of our life and what we did or did not do for the Lord. The believer's service to God will be reviewed and rewarded. For his lack of service or doing certain things, he will suffer loss. We will be held responsible for the things we did in our body. Every hidden thing will be made known. Every secret thing we said will be proclaimed; nothing will be hid. All believers must appear before this judgment seat.

So many Christians today think that doing this or that worldly thing is more important than spending the time in God's Word and serving Jesus. At this judgment, we should indeed see how unimportant so many things we did really were. All of the extra time that was spent listening to a radio or television, or reading meaningless books, may cause us to lose rewards for eternity. All of the extra time that we wasted and spent doing so many meaningless things, such as running after money, pleasures, cares of this life (those things that were not of Jesus), these may now affect our rewards for eternity. This judgment is a judgment of receiving rewards and suffering loss of rewards. A Christian's true desire should be to hear the words, WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT-Mt 25:21. Paul's attitude should be the Christian's attitude. As it is written, YEA DOUBTLESS, AND I COUNT ALL THINGS BUT LOSS FOR THE EXCELLENCY OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST JESUS MY LORD: FOR WHOM I HAVE SUFFERED THE LOSS OF ALL THINGS, AND DO COUNT THEM BUT DUNG, THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST-Phili 3:8. Indeed, how important some worldly things or pleasures seem to the Christian now, yet how worthless they will be at this judgment. As a Christian, we need to believe the Gospel and live to please Jesus and not ourselves. We need to ask ourselves in the many things that we do, "What fruit for Jesus is in it? Is what I am doing pleasing to the Lord? Will this greatly hurt me by causing a loss of rewards?"
2-THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST IS FOR BELIEVERS
The judgment seat of Christ is for those who have passed from death unto life through Jesus Christ.
VERILY, VERILY, I SAY UNTO YOU, HE THAT HEARETH MY WORD, AND BELIEVETH ON HIM THAT SENT ME, HATH EVERLASTING LIFE, AND SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; BUT IS PASSED FROM DEATH UNTO LIFE-Jn 5:24. THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION TO THEM WHICH ARE IN CHRIST JESUS, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT. FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS HATH MADE ME FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH-Ro 8:1,2.
FOR WE MUST ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST; THAT EVERY ONE MAY RECEIVE THE THINGS DONE IN HIS BODY, ACCORDING TO THAT HE HATH DONE, WHETHER IT BE GOOD OR BAD-2 Cor 5:10.
WE SHALL ALL STAND BEFORE THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST (or God’s judgment seat). FOR IT IS WRITTEN, AS I LIVE, SAITH THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD. SO THEN EVERY ONE OF US SHALL GIVE (an) ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF TO GOD-Ro 14:10-12.
THEREFORE THE UNGODLY SHALL NOT STAND IN THE JUDGMENT-Ps 1:5. FOR THE TIME IS COME THAT JUDGMENT MUST BEGIN AT THE HOUSE OF GOD: AND IF IT FIRST BEGIN AT US, WHAT SHALL THE END BE OF THEM THAT OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL OF GOD? AND IF THE RIGHTEOUS SCARCELY BE SAVED, WHERE SHALL THE UNGODLY AND THE SINNER APPEAR?-1 Pe 4:17,18.
Finally, know this, HEREIN IS OUR LOVE MADE PERFECT, THAT WE MAY HAVE BOLDNESS IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT: BECAUSE AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD-1 Jn 4:17.
Note the words, in 1 Cor 5:5-THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED IN THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS.
2 Cor 1:14-AS ALSO YE HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED US IN PART, THAT WE ARE YOUR REJOICING, EVEN AS YE ALSO ARE OURS IN THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS. The day of the Lord Jesus is considered, by many, to be the Rapture.
3-WHEN WILL THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST COME?
MARVEL NOT AT THIS: FOR THE HOUR IS COMING, IN THE WHICH ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES SHALL HEAR HIS VOICE, AND (they) SHALL COME FORTH; THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE-Jn 5:28,29. It appears that this judgment shall be held at the time of the resurrection and Rapture.
IF A MAN DIE, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN? ALL THE DAYS OF MY APPOINTED TIME WILL I WAIT, TILL MY CHANGE COME-Job 14:14. For IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MEN ONCE TO DIE, BUT AFTER THIS THE JUDGMENT-Heb 9:27.
4-JESUS SHALL JUDGE
It is written, AND HE COMMANDED US TO PREACH UNTO THE PEOPLE, AND TO TESTIFY THAT IT IS HE (Jesus) WHICH WAS ORDAINED OF GOD TO BE THE JUDGE OF QUICK (the living) AND DEAD-Acts 10:42. BECAUSE HE HATH APPOINTED A DAY, IN THE WHICH HE (Jesus) WILL JUDGE THE WORLD IN RIGHTEOUSNESS BY THAT MAN WHOM HE HATH ORDAINED; WHEREOF HE HATH GIVEN ASSURANCE UNTO ALL MEN, IN THAT HE HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD-Acts 17:31.
IN THE DAY WHEN GOD SHALL JUDGE THE SECRETS OF MEN BY JESUS CHRIST-Ro 2:16.
5-WHAT SHALL JUDGE US?
The judgment shall be ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL-Ro 2:16. The Bible, God's Word, the Law of liberty, will judge us at the judgment.
SO SPEAK YE, AND SO DO, AS THEY THAT SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW OF LIBERTY-Ja 2:12.
6-WHY DO THE BORN-AGAIN APPEAR BEFORE THIS JUDGMENT?
It is written, THAT EVERY ONE MAY RECEIVE THE THINGS DONE IN HIS BODY, ACCORDING TO THAT HE HATH DONE, WHETHER IT BE GOOD OR BAD-2 Cor 5:10.
7-WHAT SHALL BE JUDGED?
FOR GOD SHALL BRING EVERY WORK INTO JUDGMENT, WITH EVERY SECRET THING, WHETHER IT BE GOOD, OR WHETHER IT BE EVIL-Ecc 12:14.
8-NOTHING SHALL BE HID
FOR NOTHING IS SECRET, THAT SHALL NOT BE MADE MANIFEST; NEITHER ANY THING HID, THAT SHALL NOT BE KNOWN AND COME ABROAD-Lk 8:17. FOR THERE IS NOTHING COVERED, THAT SHALL NOT BE REVEALED; NEITHER HID, THAT SHALL NOT BE KNOWN-Lk 12:2. FOR THERE IS NOTHING COVERED, THAT SHALL NOT BE REVEALED; AND HID, THAT SHALL NOT BE KNOWN-Mt 10:26.
THEREFORE JUDGE NOTHING BEFORE THE TIME, UNTIL THE LORD COME, WHO BOTH WILL BRING TO LIGHT THE HIDDEN THINGS OF DARKNESS, AND WILL MAKE MANIFEST (or make known) THE COUNSELS OF THE HEARTS: AND THEN SHALL EVERY MAN HAVE PRAISE OF GOD-1 Cor 4:5. For NOTHING IN ALL CREATION IS HIDDEN FROM GOD'S SIGHT. EVERYTHING IS UNCOVERED AND LAID BARE BEFORE THE EYES OF HIM TO WHOM WE MUST GIVE ACCOUNT-Heb 4:13 NIV.
In addition, know this, THAT EVERY IDLE WORD THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT THEREOF IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT-Mt 12:36.
Note: Nothing is secret. Nothing is hid. Everything shall be made known. All hidden things will be made known, even the thoughts of the heart. All things will be uncovered and open, and we will have to give an account. Even every idle word we speak, we will have to give an account for them.
9-EVEN WHAT YOU HAVE SPOKEN IN SECRET SHALL BE PROCLAIMED OPENLY
THEREFORE WHATSOEVER YE HAVE SPOKEN IN DARKNESS SHALL BE HEARD IN THE LIGHT; AND THAT WHICH YE HAVE SPOKEN IN THE EAR IN CLOSETS SHALL BE PROCLAIMED UPON THE HOUSETOPS-Lk 12:3. Consider, the most secret things you have ever spoken, which no one may know about, even these shall be proclaimed.
REWARDS
10-ACCORDING TO WHAT WE DID, WE SHALL RECEIVE REWARDS
OR SUFFER LOSS OF REWARDS
Jesus receives the reward of the "precious fruit of the earth," the saints. It is written, BEHOLD, THE HUSBANDMAN WAITETH FOR THE PRECIOUS FRUIT OF THE EARTH, AND HATH LONG PATIENCE FOR IT, UNTIL HE RECEIVE THE EARLY AND LATTER RAIN-Ja 5:7.
According to what the saints do, they shall receive or lose rewards. It is written, I THE LORD SEARCH THE HEART, I TRY THE REINS, EVEN TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WAYS, AND ACCORDING TO THE FRUIT OF HIS DOINGS-Jere 17:10. God searches the heart; then, according to our ways and the fruit of our doings, we shall receive rewards.
TAKE HEED THEREFORE HOW YE HEAR: FOR WHOSOEVER HATH, TO HIM SHALL BE GIVEN-Lk 8:18. Each person is given a certain number of talents. Some will be good and faithful servants and will multiply what has been given to them. At the judgment, they will be rewarded according to what they have.
For EVERY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE MADE MANIFEST (or shown for what it is-NIV): FOR THE DAY SHALL DECLARE IT, BECAUSE IT SHALL BE REVEALED BY FIRE; AND THE FIRE SHALL TRY (or test) EVERY MAN'S WORK OF WHAT SORT IT IS (or will test the quality of each man's work-NIV). IF ANY MAN'S WORK ABIDE (or survives) WHICH HE HATH BUILT THEREUPON, HE SHALL RECEIVE A REWARD. IF ANY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE BURNED, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; YET SO AS BY FIRE (but only as one escaping through the flames-NIV)-1 Cor 3:13-15. What a waste, as some shall suffer a loss of rewards for eternity. Consider, there will be people at the judgment who will find that so much of what they did was of the flesh and not of God. It was of the world and not the Spirit. They shall have the great joy of being with Jesus forever; nevertheless, the rewards they might have had for eternity were lost as much of their works did not stand the test of fire.
Therefore, take heed, FOR HE THAT SOWETH TO HIS FLESH SHALL OF THE FLESH REAP CORRUPTION; BUT HE THAT SOWETH TO THE SPIRIT SHALL OF THE SPIRIT REAP LIFE EVERLASTING-Gal 6:8. Also, as already noted, EVERY IDLE WORD THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT THEREOF IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT-Mt 12:36.
For it is written, AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, TAKE HEED WHAT YE HEAR: WITH WHAT MEASURE YE METE (or use) (what you hear), IT SHALL BE MEASURED TO YOU (and even more); AND UNTO YOU THAT HEAR SHALL MORE BE GIVEN. FOR HE THAT HATH, TO HIM SHALL BE GIVEN: AND HE THAT HATH NOT, FROM HIM SHALL BE TAKEN EVEN THAT WHICH HE HATH-Mk 4:24,25. WHOSOEVER HATH NOT, FROM HIM SHALL BE TAKEN EVEN THAT WHICH HE SEEMETH TO HAVE-Lk 8:18. Again, we note there will be a gain for some, but a loss for others. Beware of what you hear: for according to the amount you use (or what you hear), you shall receive that much more again; but if you do not use what you hear, even that which you have shall be taken away from you. It might be said, to you that are given knowledge and use it, you shall be given more; but to you that are given knowledge and do not use it, what you have shall be taken away.
It is written, WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED "THE LEAST" IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 5:19. Again, we appear to have a loss of rewards for those that break a least commandment and teach others to do the same.

1-ACCORDING TO WHAT WE DID,
WE SHALL RECEIVE REWARDS OR SUFFER LOSS OF REWARDS
Jesus receives the reward of the "precious fruit of the earth," the saints. It is written, BEHOLD, THE HUSBANDMAN WAITETH FOR THE PRECIOUS FRUIT OF THE EARTH, AND HATH LONG PATIENCE FOR IT, UNTIL HE RECEIVE THE EARLY AND LATTER RAIN-Ja 5:7.
According to what the saints do, they shall receive or lose rewards. It is written, I THE LORD SEARCH THE HEART, I TRY THE REINS, EVEN TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WAYS, AND ACCORDING TO THE FRUIT OF HIS DOINGS-Jere 17:10. God searches the heart; then, according to our ways and the fruit of our doings, we shall receive rewards.
TAKE HEED THEREFORE HOW YE HEAR: FOR WHOSOEVER HATH, TO HIM SHALL BE GIVEN-Lk 8:18. Each person is given a certain number of talents. Some will be good and faithful servants and will multiply what has been given to them. At the judgment, they will be rewarded according to what they have.
For EVERY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE MADE MANIFEST (or shown for what it is-NIV): FOR THE DAY SHALL DECLARE IT, BECAUSE IT SHALL BE REVEALED BY FIRE; AND THE FIRE SHALL TRY (or test) EVERY MAN'S WORK OF WHAT SORT IT IS (or will test the quality of each man's work-NIV). IF ANY MAN'S WORK ABIDE (or survives) WHICH HE HATH BUILT THEREUPON, HE SHALL RECEIVE A REWARD. IF ANY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE BURNED, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; YET SO AS BY FIRE (but only as one escaping through the flames-NIV)-1 Cor 3:13-15. What a waste, as some shall suffer a loss of rewards for eternity. Consider, there will be people at the judgment who will find that so much of what they did was of the flesh and not of God. It was of the world and not the Spirit. They shall have the great joy of being with Jesus forever; nevertheless, the rewards they might have had for eternity were lost as much of their works did not stand the test of fire.
Therefore, take heed, FOR HE THAT SOWETH TO HIS FLESH SHALL OF THE FLESH REAP CORRUPTION; BUT HE THAT SOWETH TO THE SPIRIT SHALL OF THE SPIRIT REAP LIFE EVERLASTING-Gal 6:8. Also, as already noted, EVERY IDLE WORD THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT THEREOF IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT-Mt 12:36.
For it is written, AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, TAKE HEED WHAT YE HEAR: WITH WHAT MEASURE YE METE (or use) (what you hear), IT SHALL BE MEASURED TO YOU (and even more); AND UNTO YOU THAT HEAR SHALL MORE BE GIVEN. FOR HE THAT HATH, TO HIM SHALL BE GIVEN: AND HE THAT HATH NOT, FROM HIM SHALL BE TAKEN EVEN THAT WHICH HE HATH-Mk 4:24,25. WHOSOEVER HATH NOT, FROM HIM SHALL BE TAKEN EVEN THAT WHICH HE SEEMETH TO HAVE-Lk 8:18. Again, we note there will be a gain for some, but a loss for others. Beware of what you hear: for according to the amount you use (or what you hear), you shall receive that much more again; but if you do not use what you hear even that which you have shall be taken away from you. It might be said, to you that are given knowledge and use it, you shall be given more; but to you that are given knowledge and do not use it, what you have shall be taken away.
It is written, WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED "THE LEAST" IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 5:19. Again, we appear to have a loss of rewards for those that break a least commandment and teach others to do the same.
2-ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON REWARDS
As already noted, we shall receive rewards. We shall receive an inheritance. Rewards are given for serving God, for giving to the poor, for being a good and faithful servant, for receiving persecutions for the name of Jesus, for being martyred, and more. The Bible tells of many ways we can receive rewards and further specifies many of the rewards that we may receive.
Rewards will be given for persecutions. It is written, REJOICE AND BE EXCEEDING GLAD: FOR GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN: FOR SO PERSECUTED THEY THE PROPHETS WHICH WERE BEFORE YOU-Mt 5:12.
It is written, I THE LORD SEARCH THE HEART, I TRY THE REINS, EVEN TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WAYS, AND ACCORDING TO THE FRUIT OF HIS DOINGS-Jere 17:10. We receive the gift of eternal life, yet the Lord gives us much more. It is written, KNOWING THAT OF THE LORD YE SHALL RECEIVE THE REWARD OF THE INHERITANCE: FOR YE SERVE THE LORD CHRIST-Col 3:24. For, indeed, we shall receive AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE, AND UNDEFILED, AND THAT FADETH NOT AWAY, RESERVED IN HEAVEN FOR YOU-1 Pe 1:4.
For EYE HATH NOT SEEN, NOR EAR HEARD, NEITHER HAVE ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, THE THINGS WHICH GOD HATH PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM. BUT GOD HATH REVEALED THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT: FOR THE SPIRIT SEARCHETH ALL THINGS, YEA, THE DEEP THINGS OF GOD-1 Cor 2:9,10.
3-WHAT ARE REWARDS GIVEN FOR?
• According to a person's ways-ref Jere 17:10
• THE FRUIT OF HIS DOINGS-Jere 17:10
• What a person has (spiritually) at the judgment-ref Lk 8:18
• All works that survive the testing of the fire-ref 1 Cor 3:3,4
• Sowing to the Spirit-ref Gal 6:9
• According to what MEASURE (of the Word you hear that) YOU USE-Mk 4:24 NIV
• Being good and faithful-ref Mt 25:21
• For being faithful over a few things-ref Mt 25:23; Lk 19:17
• For serving God-the reward of inheritance-ref Col 3:24
• For loving God-ref 1 Cor 2:9(Note, our love for God is measured by our obeying His commandments)
• For being wise (spiritually)-ref Dan 12:3
• For turning people to righteousness-ref Dan 12:3
• For looking for Jesus-ref Heb 9:28
• For being persecuted-ref Mt 5:12
• For people speaking evil against you falsely (for Jesus' sake)-ref Mt 5:11
• For what you do and teach-ref Mt 5:19
• For receiving a prophet-ref Mt 10:41
• For receiving a righteous man-ref Mt 10:41
• For giving a cup of cold water-ref Mt 10:42; Mk 9:41
• When men shall hate you (for Jesus' sake)-ref Lk 6:22
• When men shall separate you from their company for the Son of Man's sake-ref Lk 6:23
• For confessing Jesus before men-ref Lk 12:8
• For leaving parents, or brethren, or wife, or children for the kingdom of God's sake-ref Lk 18:29,30
• For coming to Jesus-ref Jn 6:35
• For believing on Jesus-ref Jn 6:35
• For suffering with Jesus-ref Ro 8:17
• For dying in Jesus-ref 1 Thes 4:14
• For those that love His appearing-ref 2 Tim 4:8
• For enduring temptations-ref Ja 1:12
• For overcoming-ref Rev 2:7
• For suffering (for Jesus' sake)-ref Rev 2:10
• For not defiling your garments-ref Rev 3:4
• For keeping God's Word-ref Rev 3:10
• For holding fast-ref Rev 3:11
• For being a prophet-ref Rev 11:18
• For being a saint-ref Rev 11:18
• For fearing God-ref Rev 11:18
• BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT-Mt 5:3
• BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURN-Mt 5:4
• BLESSED ARE THE MEEK-Mt 5:5
• BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH DO HUNGER AND THIRST AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS-Mt 5:6
• BLESSED ARE THE MERCIFUL-Mt 5:7
• BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART-Mt 5:8
• BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS-Mt 5:9
• BLESSED IS HE THAT READETH, AND THEY THAT HEAR THE WORDS OF THIS PROPHECY, AND KEEP THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN THEREIN-Rev 1:3
4-WHEN ARE THE REWARDS GIVEN?
Rewards appear to be given at the time of the judgment, i.e., at the time of the resurrection and Rapture. One example will be our new body, which is given in the twinkling of an eye as we are changed at the time of the Rapture. It is written, IN A MOMENT, IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE...WE SHALL BE CHANGED-1 Cor 15:52. The Rapture, itself, is a reward for being faithful and watching.
Rewards are also mentioned as Jesus returns at the Battle of Armageddon. The saints shall reign and rule with Jesus; this is also a reward. Their reward or position may be given when they return with Jesus. Second Timothy mentions a reward (the crown of righteousness) being given UNTO ALL THEM ALSO THAT LOVE HIS APPEARING-2 Tim 4:8. It is also written, WHEN THE CHIEF SHEPHERD SHALL APPEAR, YE SHALL RECEIVE A CROWN OF GLORY-1 Pe 5:4. The crown is received when Jesus shall appear. It may be said, He shall appear to the saints at the time of the resurrection and Rapture, yet He shall appear to others as He returns to the earth at the time of Armageddon. Further, it is written, OUR HOPE...OR CROWN OF REJOICING? ARE NOT EVEN YE IN THE PRESENCE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AT HIS COMING-1 Thes 2:19. The saints are with Jesus when He returns. This appears to be referring to Jesus returning at the time of Armageddon.
These verses also seem to be covering the time when Jesus returns at the Battle of Armageddon. AND THE TIME OF THE DEAD, THAT THEY SHOULD BE JUDGED, AND THAT THOU SHOULDEST GIVE REWARD UNTO THY SERVANTS THE PROPHETS, AND TO THE SAINTS, AND THEM THAT FEAR THY NAME, SMALL AND GREAT; AND SHOULDEST DESTROY THEM WHICH DESTROY THE EARTH-Rev 11:18.
It is also written, I CHARGE THEE THEREFORE BEFORE GOD, AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO SHALL JUDGE THE QUICK (or living) AND THE DEAD AT HIS APPEARING AND HIS KINGDOM-2 Tim 4:1. The JNT14 translates this as WHEN HE APPEARS AND ESTABLISHES HIS KINGDOM. Some might say that two different periods are mentioned here.
BUT GO THOU THY WAY TILL THE END BE: FOR THOU SHALT REST, AND STAND IN THY LOT (or rise to receive your allotted inheritance-NIV) AT THE END OF THE DAYS-Dan 12:13.
FOR THE SON OF MAN SHALL COME IN THE GLORY OF HIS FATHER WITH HIS ANGELS; AND THEN HE SHALL REWARD EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WORKS-Mt 16:27. Rewards are given at the time of the resurrection and Rapture, and also at the time Jesus returns to the earth at Armageddon.
AND, BEHOLD, I COME QUICKLY; AND MY REWARD IS WITH ME, TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING AS HIS WORK SHALL BE-Rev 22:12.
BEHOLD, THE LORD HATH PROCLAIMED UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD, SAY YE TO THE DAUGHTER OF ZION, BEHOLD, THY SALVATION COMETH; BEHOLD, HIS REWARD IS WITH HIM, AND HIS WORK BEFORE HIM-Isa 62:11.
WHEN HE (Jesus) WAS RETURNED, HAVING RECEIVED THE KINGDOM, THEN HE COMMANDED THESE SERVANTS TO BE CALLED UNTO HIM, TO WHOM HE HAD GIVEN THE MONEY. Jesus then gave authority to them (or rewards)-ref Lk 19:15,17. AFTER A LONG TIME THE LORD OF THOSE SERVANTS COMETH, AND RECKONETH WITH THEM. He then gave rewards-ref Mt 25:19,21. In this verse, rewards appear to be mentioned just after Jesus had returned.
(The List: When Are the Rewards Given?)
• Our new bodies at the Rapture-ref 1 Cor 15:52
• AT THE RESURRECTION OF THE JUST-Lk 14:14
• At HIS APPEARING-2 Tim 4:8
• WHEN THE CHIEF SHEPHERD SHALL APPEAR-1 Pe 5:4
• AT HIS COMING-1 Thes 2:19
• When Jesus shall COME IN THE GLORY OF HIS FATHER-Mt 16:27
• At the time Jesus returns at Armageddon-ref Rev 11:18
• AT HIS APPEARING AND HIS KINGDOM-2 Tim 4:1
• AT THAT DAY...ALL…THAT LOVE HIS APPEARING-2 Tim 4:8
• AT HIS COMING-1 Thes 2:19
• I COME QUICKLY-Rev 22:12
• THY SALVATION COMETH-Isa 62:11
• When Jesus WAS RETURNED, HAVING RECEIVED THE KINGDOM-Lk 19:15,17
• When THE LORD OF THOSE SERVANTS COMETH-Mt 25:19,21
• The reward of New Jerusalem comes around the time that the new heaven and new earth are seen-ref Rev 21:1,2
REWARDS
5-(Commentary)
The following verses are primarily dealing with rewards we receive from the time of the Rapture and on.
The Bible tells us, HE THAT OVERCOMETH SHALL INHERIT ALL THINGS-Rev 21:7.
BUT AS IT IS WRITTEN, EYE HATH NOT SEEN, NOR EAR HEARD, NEITHER HAVE ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, THE THINGS WHICH GOD HATH PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM. BUT GOD HATH REVEALED THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT: FOR THE SPIRIT SEARCHETH ALL THINGS, YEA, THE DEEP THINGS OF GOD-1 Cor 2:9,10. AND WHEN THE CHIEF SHEPHERD SHALL APPEAR, YE SHALL RECEIVE A CROWN OF GLORY THAT FADETH NOT AWAY-1 Pe 5:4. There are prophecies of many rewards in the Bible; however, certain conditions must be met to inherit them. For example, the gift of eternal life can only be received through faith in Jesus Christ; there is no other way.
We were created in Christ Jesus for the purpose of doing the works that God has called us to do. Thus, when Jesus returns, He will discern between those that obeyed Him and those that did not. Christians are to follow Jesus, deny themselves, and do God’s Word.
As it is written, THEN SHALL YE RETURN, AND DISCERN BETWEEN THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED, BETWEEN HIM THAT SERVETH GOD AND HIM THAT SERVETH HIM NOT-Mal 3:18.
FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS UNTO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM-Eph 2:10.
(For) IF ANY MAN SERVE ME, LET HIM FOLLOW ME; AND WHERE I AM, THERE SHALL ALSO MY SERVANT BE: IF ANY MAN SERVE ME, HIM WILL MY FATHER HONOR-Jn 12:26.
(And) IF ANY MAN WILL COME AFTER ME, LET HIM DENY HIMSELF, AND TAKE UP HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOW ME-Mt 16:24.
BUT BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD, AND NOT HEARERS ONLY, DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES-Ja 1:22.
6-LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN
The Bible commands us to LAY UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES IN HEAVEN, WHERE NEITHER MOTH NOR RUST DOTH CORRUPT, AND WHERE THIEVES DO NOT BREAK THROUGH NOR STEAL: FOR WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE WILL YOUR HEART BE ALSO-Mt 6:20,21. A person that is laying up treasure on this earth will not have his heart inclined toward the things of God; however, the person that lays up treasure in heaven shall have his heart inclined toward heaven.
(For) HE THAT TAKETH NOT HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOWETH AFTER ME, IS NOT WORTHY OF ME-Mt 10:38. (And) HE THAT FINDETH HIS LIFE SHALL LOSE IT: AND HE THAT LOSETH HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE SHALL FIND IT-Mt 10:39.
FOR WHAT IS A MAN PROFITED, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL? OR WHAT SHALL A MAN GIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR HIS SOUL?-Mt 16:26. What good is it, if a person has every possession possible in this world, but he perishes to the lake of fire for eternity? (For) IT IS EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO GO THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE, THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD-Mk 10:25; ref Lk 18:25.
FOR TO BE CARNALLY (or worldly) MINDED IS DEATH; BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE-Ro 8:6.
We are to follow Jesus, deny ourselves, and lay up treasures in heaven.
7-WHAT REWARDS DO WE RECEIVE AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES?
(NOW)
The things which Jesus gives us on this earth once we commit ourselves to Him is almost without end. WE LOVE HIM, BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US-1 Jn 4:19. The following is only a brief list.
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE-Jn 3:16. The gift of everlasting life is the greatest gift.
BEHOLD, WHAT MANNER OF LOVE THE FATHER HATH BESTOWED UPON US, THAT WE SHOULD BE CALLED THE SONS OF GOD: THEREFORE THE WORLD KNOWETH US NOT, BECAUSE IT KNEW HIM NOT-1 Jn 3:1. The saints are rewarded with being called the sons of God. As it also written, HE THAT OVERCOMETH SHALL INHERIT ALL THINGS; AND I WILL BE HIS GOD, AND HE SHALL BE MY SON-Rev 21:7.
AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOR EVER-Jn 14:16. AND WE ARE HIS WITNESSES OF THESE THINGS; AND SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HATH GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM-Acts 5:32. The Holy Ghost (also called the Comforter) is given.
FOR WE ARE MEMBERS OF HIS BODY, OF HIS FLESH, AND OF HIS BONES-Eph 5:30. This verse applies to each member of the body of Christ.
AND I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE-Rev 3:5. This verse applies to those that overcome.
BLESSED ARE THE MERCIFUL: FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN MERCY-Mt 5:7. This verse applies to the merciful.
BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL, AND FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS: WHO FORGIVETH ALL THINE INIQUITIES; WHO HEALETH ALL THY DISEASES; WHO REDEEMETH THY LIFE FROM DESTRUCTION; WHO CROWNETH THEE WITH LOVING-KINDNESS AND TENDER MERCIES; WHO SATISFIETH THY MOUTH WITH GOOD THINGS; SO THAT THY YOUTH IS RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE'S-Ps 103:2-5. All these benefits are available to those who receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.
BECAUSE HE HATH SET HIS LOVE UPON ME…BECAUSE HE HATH KNOWN MY NAME. HE SHALL CALL UPON ME, AND I WILL ANSWER HIM: I WILL BE WITH HIM IN TROUBLE; I WILL DELIVER HIM, AND HONOR HIM-Ps 91:14,15. This verse applies to those who know and love the Lord.
TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART; AND LEAN NOT UNTO THINE OWN UNDERSTANDING. IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS-Pv 3:5,6. This verse applies to those who trust and acknowledge the Lord.
REJOICE, BECAUSE YOUR NAMES ARE WRITTEN IN HEAVEN-Lk 10:20.
8-REWARDS BEFORE THE RAPTURE
BECAUSE THOU HAST KEPT THE WORD OF MY PATIENCE, I ALSO WILL KEEP THEE FROM THE HOUR OF TEMPTATION (or the Tribulation), WHICH SHALL COME UPON ALL THE WORLD, TO TRY THEM THAT DWELL UPON THE EARTH-Rev 3:10.
9-REWARDS AT THE RAPTURE
The Rapture is a reward given to the saints that are ready when Jesus comes prior to the Tribulation. For we groan waiting for our adoption as sons, even the redemption of our bodies.
SO CHRIST WAS ONCE OFFERED TO BEAR THE SINS OF MANY; AND UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM SHALL HE APPEAR THE SECOND TIME WITHOUT SIN UNTO SALVATION-Heb 9:28.
BLESSED AND HOLY IS HE THAT HATH PART IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION-Rev 20:6.
BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU TO BE IGNORANT, BRETHREN, CONCERNING THEM WHICH ARE ASLEEP, THAT YE SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS WHICH HAVE NO HOPE. FOR IF WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN, EVEN SO THEM ALSO WHICH SLEEP IN JESUS WILL GOD BRING WITH HIM. FOR THIS WE SAY UNTO YOU BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, THAT WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN UNTO THE COMING OF THE LORD SHALL NOT PREVENT THEM WHICH ARE ASLEEP. FOR THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN WITH A SHOUT, WITH THE VOICE OF THE ARCHANGEL, AND WITH THE TRUMP OF GOD: AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: THEN WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR: AND SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD-1 Thes 4:13-17. For IN A MOMENT, IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, AND THE DEAD SHALL BE RAISED INCORRUPTIBLE, AND WE SHALL BE CHANGED-1 Cor 15:52. WHEREFORE COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS-1 Thes 4:18.
NOW THAT THE DEAD ARE RAISED, EVEN MOSES SHEWED AT THE BUSH, WHEN HE CALLETH THE LORD THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB. FOR HE IS NOT A GOD OF THE DEAD, BUT OF THE LIVING: FOR ALL LIVE UNTO HIM-Lk 20:37,38.
10-(Spiritual Bodies of flesh and bone [not flesh and blood])
Ro 6:5-FOR IF WE HAVE BEEN PLANTED TOGETHER IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS DEATH, WE SHALL BE ALSO IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS RESURRECTION:
We are to receive a new spiritual body of flesh and bone-ref Lk 24:39. As it is written, BEHOLD MY HANDS AND MY FEET, THAT IT IS I MYSELF: HANDLE ME, AND SEE; FOR A SPIRIT HATH NOT FLESH AND BONES, AS YE SEE ME HAVE.
Ro 8:17,18,22,23-AND IF CHILDREN, THEN HEIRS; HEIRS OF GOD, AND JOINT-HEIRS WITH CHRIST; IF SO BE THAT WE SUFFER WITH HIM, THAT WE MAY BE ALSO GLORIFIED TOGETHER. FOR I RECKON THAT THE SUFFERINGS OF THIS PRESENT TIME ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE COMPARED WITH THE GLORY WHICH SHALL BE REVEALED IN US. FOR WE KNOW THAT THE WHOLE CREATION GROANETH AND TRAVAILETH IN PAIN TOGETHER UNTIL NOW.|
AND NOT ONLY THEY, BUT OURSELVES ALSO, WHICH HAVE THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THE SPIRIT, EVEN WE OURSELVES GROAN WITHIN OURSELVES, WAITING FOR THE ADOPTION, TO WIT, THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.
2 Cor 5:1-FOR WE KNOW THAT IF OUR EARTHLY HOUSE OF THIS TABERNACLE WERE DISSOLVED, WE HAVE A BUILDING OF GOD, AN HOUSE NOT MADE WITH HANDS, ETERNAL IN THE HEAVENS.
2 Cor 5:2-FOR IN THIS WE GROAN, EARNESTLY DESIRING TO BE CLOTHED UPON WITH OUR HOUSE WHICH IS FROM HEAVEN.
2 Cor 5:4-FOR WE THAT ARE IN THIS TABERNACLE DO GROAN, BEING BURDENED: NOT FOR THAT WE WOULD BE UNCLOTHED, BUT CLOTHED UPON, THAT MORTALITY MIGHT BE SWALLOWED UP OF LIFE.
1 Cor 15:35,36-BUT SOME MAN WILL SAY, HOW ARE THE DEAD RAISED UP? AND WITH WHAT BODY DO THEY COME? THOU FOOL, THAT WHICH THOU SOWEST IS NOT QUICKENED (or come to life), EXCEPT IT DIE.
1 Cor 15:42-44-SO ALSO IS THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. IT IS SOWN IN CORRUPTION (our earthly body); IT IS RAISED IN INCORRUPTION. (Note the new body God gives us is raised in incorruption or is imperishable.) IT IS SOWN IN DISHONOUR; IT IS RAISED IN GLORY: IT IS SOWN IN WEAKNESS; IT IS RAISED IN POWER: IT IS SOWN A NATURAL BODY; IT IS RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY. THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, AND THERE IS A SPIRITUAL BODY.
1 Cor 15:49-AND AS WE HAVE BORNE THE IMAGE OF THE EARTHY, WE SHALL ALSO BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY. Note the beautiful words regarding the body that the saints shall have. It is a body of life, imperishable, a body of glory, raised in power, a spiritual body that bears the image of the heavenly. It is an eternal body, not made with hands—a body from heaven.
2 Cor 5:2-FOR IN THIS WE GROAN, EARNESTLY DESIRING TO BE CLOTHED…WITH OUR HOUSE (our new body).
1 Cor 15:50-51-NOW THIS I SAY, BRETHREN, THAT FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD; NEITHER DOTH CORRUPTION INHERIT INCORRUPTION. BEHOLD, I SHOW YOU A MYSTERY; WE SHALL NOT ALL SLEEP, BUT WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED. We shall be changed from the body of corruption to the body of incorruption. We must be changed from our mortal body to our immortal body. Our mortal body will dissolve.
It is written, 2 Cor 5:1-THIS TABERNACLE WERE DISSOLVED; 1 Cor 15:44-THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, AND THERE IS A SPIRITUAL BODY.
At the Rapture, the saints will be raised and changed from a natural body to a spiritual body IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE-1 Cor 15:52. The Scriptures appear to say that this natural body we now live in must be put off. As Paul said before his death, 2 Pe 1:14-KNOWING THAT SHORTLY I MUST PUT OFF THIS MY TABERNACLE. The natural body is put off and will dissolve. We then receive our spiritual body: 2 Cor 5:1-A BUILDING OF GOD, AN HOUSE NOT MADE WITH HANDS, ETERNAL IN THE HEAVENS. We shall be changed.
1 Cor 15:53,54-FOR THIS CORRUPTIBLE (or perishable) MUST PUT ON INCORRUPTION (or imperishable), AND THIS MORTAL MUST PUT ON IMMORTALITY. SO WHEN THIS CORRUPTIBLE (or imperishable, or what decays) SHALL HAVE PUT ON INCORRUPTION (or imperishability), AND THIS MORTAL SHALL HAVE PUT ON IMMORTALITY, THEN SHALL BE BROUGHT TO PASS THE SAYING THAT IS WRITTEN, DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY.
1 Cor 15:39-ALL FLESH IS NOT THE SAME FLESH: BUT THERE IS ONE KIND OF FLESH OF MEN, ANOTHER FLESH OF BEASTS, ANOTHER OF FISHES, AND ANOTHER OF BIRDS. In the next verse, God explains.
1 Cor 15:40,41-THERE ARE ALSO CELESTIAL BODIES, AND BODIES TERRESTRIAL. The Scriptures are showing through this example that the bodies are not the same; the flesh is different. There is an earthly body and a heavenly body. BUT THE GLORY OF THE CELESTIAL IS ONE, AND THE GLORY OF THE TERRESTRIAL IS ANOTHER. THERE IS ONE GLORY OF THE SUN, AND ANOTHER GLORY OF THE MOON, AND ANOTHER GLORY OF THE STARS: FOR ONE STAR DIFFERETH FROM ANOTHER STAR IN GLORY.
1 Cor 15:43-IT IS RAISED IN GLORY.
Dan 12:3-AND THEY THAT BE WISE SHALL SHINE AS THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE FIRMAMENT; AND THEY THAT TURN MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS AS THE STARS FOR EVER AND EVER.
Job 19:26,27-AND THOUGH AFTER MY SKIN WORMS DESTROY THIS BODY, YET IN MY FLESH SHALL I SEE GOD. Our earthly bodies dissolve, but praise God, we have a new body waiting for us. WHOM I SHALL SEE FOR MYSELF, AND MINE EYES SHALL BEHOLD, AND NOT ANOTHER; THOUGH MY REINS BE CONSUMED WITHIN ME.
I Jn 3:2-BELOVED, NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD, AND IT DOTH NOT YET APPEAR WHAT WE SHALL BE: BUT WE KNOW THAT, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; FOR WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS.
Phili 3:20,21-THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: WHO SHALL CHANGE OUR VILE BODY (or our earthly body), THAT IT MAY BE FASHIONED LIKE UNTO HIS GLORIOUS BODY, ACCORDING TO THE WORKING WHEREBY HE IS ABLE EVEN TO SUBDUE ALL THINGS UNTO HIMSELF. The Scriptures reveal that we shall be like Jesus; our body may be fashioned like unto the body of Jesus. If we examine the Scriptures on the body of Jesus, we should be able to understand more fully what our spiritual body will be like.
Eph 5:30-FOR WE ARE MEMBERS OF HIS BODY, OF HIS FLESH, AND OF HIS BONES. Note the words: body, flesh, and bones. Jesus speaking, said the following words:
Lk 24:39-BEHOLD MY HANDS AND MY FEET, THAT IT IS I MYSELF: HANDLE ME, AND SEE; FOR A SPIRIT HATH NOT FLESH AND BONES, AS YE SEE ME HAVE. Once again, the words "flesh and bones" appear. Blood is not mentioned. The apostles recognized Jesus in His spiritual body. This body of flesh and bone is imperishable.
Jesus gives us information as to what our new spiritual bodies may be like in the following verses:
Mk 12:25-FOR WHEN THEY SHALL RISE FROM THE DEAD, THEY NEITHER MARRY, NOR ARE GIVEN IN MARRIAGE; BUT ARE AS THE ANGELS WHICH ARE IN HEAVEN (ref Lk 20:35; Mt 22:30).
Many times in the Bible angels have appeared to men. Often, when they do, they cannot be distinguished from people, yet they seem to have the power to appear and disappear.
It is written, Heb 13:2-BE NOT FORGETFUL TO ENTERTAIN STRANGERS: FOR THEREBY SOME HAVE ENTERTAINED ANGELS UNAWARES.
God’s Word shows that an angel can smite an entire army-ref 2 Ki 19:35. We are told, Lk 20:36-NEITHER CAN THEY DIE ANY MORE: FOR THEY ARE EQUAL UNTO THE ANGELS; AND ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, BEING THE CHILDREN OF THE RESURRECTION. The saints will be equal unto the angels and cannot die in their spiritual bodies. We have noted that our body, Phili 3:21-MAY BE FASHIONED LIKE UNTO HIS GLORIOUS BODY.
Mk 16:12-AFTER THAT HE APPEARED IN ANOTHER FORM UNTO TWO OF THEM, AS THEY WALKED, AND WENT INTO THE COUNTRY.
Lk 24:15,16-AND IT CAME TO PASS, THAT, WHILE THEY COMMUNED TOGETHER AND REASONED, JESUS HIMSELF DREW NEAR, AND WENT WITH THEM. BUT THEIR EYES WERE HOLDEN THAT THEY SHOULD NOT KNOW HIM.
One might ask if we will be able to eat in our spiritual body?
Lk 24:30,31-AND IT CAME TO PASS, AS HE SAT AT MEAT WITH THEM, HE TOOK BREAD, AND BLESSED IT, AND BRAKE, AND GAVE TO THEM. AND THEIR EYES WERE OPENED, AND THEY KNEW HIM; AND HE VANISHED OUT OF THEIR SIGHT.
Lk 24:32-39-AND THEY SAID ONE TO ANOTHER, DID NOT OUR HEART BURN WITHIN US, WHILE HE TALKED WITH US BY THE WAY, AND WHILE HE OPENED TO US THE SCRIPTURES? AND THEY ROSE UP THE SAME HOUR, AND RETURNED TO JERUSALEM, AND FOUND THE ELEVEN GATHERED TOGETHER, AND THEM THAT WERE WITH THEM, SAYING, THE LORD IS RISEN INDEED, AND HATH APPEARED TO SIMON. AND THEY TOLD WHAT THINGS WERE DONE IN THE WAY, AND HOW HE WAS KNOWN OF THEM IN BREAKING OF BREAD.
Lk 24:36-39-AND AS THEY THUS SPAKE, JESUS HIMSELF STOOD IN THE MIDST OF THEM, AND SAITH UNTO THEM, PEACE BE UNTO YOU. BUT THEY WERE TERRIFIED AND AFFRIGHTED, AND SUPPOSED THAT THEY HAD SEEN A SPIRIT. AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, WHY ARE YE TROUBLED? AND WHY DO THOUGHTS ARISE IN YOUR HEARTS? BEHOLD MY HANDS AND MY FEET, THAT IT IS I MYSELF: HANDLE ME, AND SEE; FOR A SPIRIT HATH NOT FLESH AND BONES, AS YE SEE ME HAVE.
Lk 24:40-43-AND WHEN HE HAD THUS SPOKEN, HE SHEWED THEM HIS HANDS AND HIS FEET. AND WHILE THEY YET BELIEVED NOT FOR JOY, AND WONDERED, HE SAID UNTO THEM, HAVE YE HERE ANY MEAT? AND THEY GAVE HIM A PIECE OF A BROILED FISH, AND OF AN HONEYCOMB. AND HE TOOK IT, AND DID EAT BEFORE THEM.
Jn 20:19-THEN THE SAME DAY AT EVENING, BEING THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, WHEN THE DOORS WERE SHUT WHERE THE DISCIPLES WERE ASSEMBLED FOR FEAR OF THE JEWS, CAME JESUS AND STOOD IN THE MIDST, AND SAITH UNTO THEM, PEACE BE UNTO YOU.
Jn 20:26-29-AND AFTER EIGHT DAYS AGAIN HIS DISCIPLES WERE WITHIN, AND THOMAS WITH THEM: THEN CAME JESUS, THE DOORS BEING SHUT, AND STOOD IN THE MIDST, AND SAID, PEACE BE UNTO YOU. THEN SAITH HE TO THOMAS, REACH HITHER THY FINGER, AND BEHOLD MY HANDS; AND REACH HITHER THY HAND, AND THRUST IT INTO MY SIDE: AND BE NOT FAITHLESS, BUT BELIEVING. AND THOMAS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, MY LORD AND MY GOD. JESUS SAITH UNTO HIM, THOMAS, BECAUSE THOU HAST SEEN ME, THOU HAST BELIEVED: BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED.
11-(Summary)
• WE…GROAN WITHIN OURSELVES, WAITING FOR THE…REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY-Ro 8:23
• WE KNOW…IF OUR EARTHLY HOUSE WERE DISSOLVED-2 Cor 5:1
• Our SPIRITUAL body is A BUILDING OF GOD-2 Cor 5:1
• NOT MADE WITH HANDS-2 Cor 5:1
• ETERNAL IN THE HEAVENS-2 Cor 5:1
• WE GROAN…DESIRING…OUR HOUSE-2 Cor 5:2
• WHICH IS FROM HEAVEN-2 Cor 5:2
• MORTALITY MIGHT BE SWALLOWED UP OF LIFE-2 Cor 5:4
• RAISED IN INCORRUPTION-1 Cor 15:42
• RAISED IN GLORY-1 Cor 15:43
• RAISED IN POWER-1 Cor 15:43
• RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY-1 Cor 15:44
• BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY-1 Cor 15:49
• WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED-1 Cor 15:51
• MUST PUT OFF THIS MY TABERNACLE-2 Pe 1:14
• MUST PUT ON IMMORTALITY-1 Cor 15:53
• GLORY…DIFFERETH-1 Cor 15:41
• THEY THAT BE WISE SHALL SHINE AS THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE FIRMAMENT-Dan 12:3
• THEY THAT TURN MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS AS THE STARS FOR EVER AND EVER-Dan 12:3
• I SEE GOD-Job 19:26
• We are THE SONS OF GOD-1 Jn 4:2
• We are THE CHILDREN OF GOD-Lk 20:36
• WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM-1 Jn 3:2
• WE SHALL BE…IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS RESURRECTION-Ro 6:5
• WE SHALL SEE HIM (Jesus) AS HE IS-1 Jn 3:2
• THE LORD JESUS…WHO SHALL CHANGE OUR VILE BODY-Phili 3:20,21
• Our body MAY BE FASHIONED LIKE UNTO HIS GLORIOUS BODY-Phili 3:21
• The spiritual body will be FLESH, AND…BONES-Eph 5:30; Lk 24:39
• NEITHER MARRY, NOR ARE GIVEN IN MARRIAGE-Mk 12:25
• ARE AS THE ANGELS WHICH ARE IN HEAVEN-Mk 12:25
• Angels can look so much like people that one may not be able to tell the difference-ref Heb 13:2; Jacob wrestled with an angel-ref Gen 32:24-32
• Cannot DIE ANY MORE-Lk 20:36
• May be able to appear in another form-ref Mk 16:12
• May be able to vanish-ref Lk 23:31
• May be able to appear instantly and walk through walls-ref Lk 24:32-39; Jn 20:26-29
• AND DID EAT BEFORE THEM-Lk 24:43
12-REWARDS:
WHEN WE ARE WITH JESUS AFTER THE RAPTURE, THE MARRIAGE
LET US BE GLAD AND REJOICE, AND GIVE HONOR TO HIM: FOR THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB IS COME, AND HIS WIFE HATH MADE HERSELF READY. AND TO HER WAS GRANTED THAT SHE SHOULD BE ARRAYED IN FINE LINEN, CLEAN AND WHITE: FOR THE FINE LINEN IS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF SAINTS. AND HE SAITH UNTO ME, WRITE, BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH ARE CALLED UNTO THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB. AND HE SAITH UNTO ME, THESE ARE THE TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD-Rev 19:7-9. For HE THAT OVERCOMETH, THE SAME SHALL BE CLOTHED IN WHITE RAIMENT-Rev 3:5. It is further written, THOU HAST A FEW NAMES EVEN IN SARDIS WHICH HAVE NOT DEFILED THEIR GARMENTS; AND THEY SHALL WALK WITH ME IN WHITE: FOR THEY ARE WORTHY-Rev 3:4.
AND I WILL WRITE UPON HIM MY NEW NAME-Rev 3:12.
AND I WILL WRITE UPON HIM THE NAME OF MY GOD-Rev 3:12.
BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURN: FOR THEY SHALL BE COMFORTED-Mt 5:4.
BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART: FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD-Mt 5:8.
13-REWARDS:
WHEN WE ARE WITH JESUS AFTER THE RAPTURE, INCLUDING LIFE EVERLASTING
BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH DO HUNGER AND THIRST AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR THEY SHALL BE FILLED-Mt 5:6.
AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, THERE IS NO MAN THAT HATH LEFT HOUSE, OR PARENTS, OR BRETHREN, OR WIFE, OR CHILDREN, FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD'S SAKE, WHO SHALL NOT RECEIVE MANIFOLD MORE IN THIS PRESENT TIME, AND IN THE WORLD TO COME LIFE EVERLASTING-Lk 18:29,30.
ALSO I SAY UNTO YOU, WHOSOEVER SHALL CONFESS ME BEFORE MEN, HIM SHALL THE SON OF MAN ALSO CONFESS BEFORE THE ANGELS OF GOD-Lk 12:8. I (Jesus) WILL CONFESS HIS NAME BEFORE MY FATHER, AND BEFORE HIS ANGELS-Rev 3:5.
New Jerusalem does not have a temple. It is written, AND I SAW NO TEMPLE THEREIN: FOR THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE LAMB ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT-Rev 21:22. The last mention in the Bible of a temple is with God in heaven during the Tribulation. Note one of the rewards: HIM THAT OVERCOMETH WILL I MAKE A PILLAR IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD, AND HE SHALL GO NO MORE OUT-Rev 3:12. Regarding the saints, it is written, IN WHOM ALL THE BUILDING FITLY FRAMED TOGETHER GROWETH UNTO AN HOLY TEMPLE IN THE LORD: IN WHOM YE ALSO ARE BUILDED TOGETHER FOR AN HABITATION OF GOD THROUGH THE SPIRIT-Eph 2:21,22.
14-REWARDS:
CROWNS THE SAINTS CAN RECEIVE
FOR WHAT IS OUR HOPE, OR JOY, OR CROWN OF REJOICING? ARE NOT EVEN YE IN THE PRESENCE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AT HIS COMING?-1 Thes 2:19.
HENCEFORTH THERE IS LAID UP FOR ME A CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, WHICH THE LORD, THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, SHALL GIVE ME AT THAT DAY: AND NOT TO ME ONLY, BUT UNTO ALL THEM ALSO THAT LOVE HIS APPEARING-2 Tim 4:8.
BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT ENDURETH TEMPTATION: FOR WHEN HE IS TRIED, HE SHALL RECEIVE THE CROWN OF LIFE, WHICH THE LORD HATH PROMISED TO THEM THAT LOVE HIM-Ja 1:12.
BE THOU FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH, AND I WILL GIVE THEE A CROWN OF LIFE-Rev 2:10.
AND WHEN THE CHIEF SHEPHERD SHALL APPEAR, YE SHALL RECEIVE A CROWN OF GLORY THAT FADETH NOT AWAY-1 Pe 5:4.
BEHOLD, I COME QUICKLY: HOLD THAT FAST WHICH THOU HAST, THAT NO MAN TAKE THY CROWN-Rev 3:11.
15-REWARDS:
WHEN JESUS RETURNS TO THE EARTH
When Jesus returns in glory, the saints will return with Him, riding upon white horses. The creature will also be delivered from the bondage of decay.
AND YE SHALL FLEE TO THE VALLEY OF THE MOUNTAINS; FOR THE VALLEY OF THE MOUNTAINS SHALL REACH UNTO AZAL: YEA, YE SHALL FLEE, LIKE AS YE FLED FROM BEFORE THE EARTHQUAKE IN THE DAYS OF UZZIAH KING OF JUDAH: AND THE LORD MY GOD SHALL COME, AND ALL THE SAINTS WITH THEE-Zech 14:5. WHEN CHRIST, WHO IS OUR LIFE, SHALL APPEAR, THEN SHALL YE ALSO APPEAR WITH HIM IN GLORY-Col 3:4. AND THE ARMIES WHICH WERE IN HEAVEN FOLLOWED HIM UPON WHITE HORSES, CLOTHED IN FINE LINEN, WHITE AND CLEAN-Rev 19:14.
FOR THE EARNEST EXPECTATION OF THE CREATURE WAITETH FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD. BECAUSE THE CREATURE ITSELF ALSO SHALL BE DELIVERED FROM THE BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION INTO THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD-Ro 8:19,21.
16-REWARDS:
DURING THE MILLENNIUM
The saints (the meek) will inherit the earth and shall reign and rule with Jesus for one thousand years. They shall be kings and priests and shall reign over things such as cities or nations. They shall be able to sit with Jesus in His throne. The twelve apostles shall judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
BLESSED ARE THE MEEK: FOR THEY SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH-Mt 5:5.
HIS LORD SAID UNTO HIM, WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT: THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS, I WILL MAKE THEE RULER OVER MANY THINGS: ENTER THOU INTO THE JOY OF THY LORD. HIS LORD SAID UNTO HIM, WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT; THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS, I WILL MAKE THEE RULER OVER MANY THINGS: ENTER THOU INTO THE JOY OF THY LORD-Mt 25:21,23.
AND HE SAID UNTO HIM, WELL, THOU GOOD SERVANT: BECAUSE THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL IN A VERY LITTLE, HAVE THOU AUTHORITY OVER TEN CITIES. AND HE SAID LIKEWISE TO HIM, BE THOU ALSO OVER FIVE CITIES-Lk 19:17,19.
AND HE THAT OVERCOMETH, AND KEEPETH MY WORKS UNTO THE END, TO HIM WILL I GIVE POWER OVER THE NATIONS-Rev 2:26.|
AND HATH MADE US KINGS AND PRIESTS UNTO GOD AND HIS FATHER-Rev 1:6. BUT THEY SHALL BE PRIESTS OF GOD AND OF CHRIST, AND SHALL REIGN WITH HIM A THOUSAND YEARS-Rev 20:6.
AND JESUS SAID UNTO THEM (the twelve apostles)…YE ALSO SHALL SIT UPON TWELVE THRONES, JUDGING THE TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL-Mt 19:28.
TO HIM THAT OVERCOMETH WILL I GRANT TO SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE-Rev 3:21.
HE…RAISETH UP THE POOR…AND LIFTETH UP THE BEGGAR…TO MAKE THEM INHERIT THE THRONE OF GLORY-1 Sam 2:8.
17-REWARDS:
AFTER THE MILLENNIUM
HE THAT OVERCOMETH SHALL NOT BE HURT OF THE SECOND DEATH-Rev 2:11. Those that had part in the first resurrection, ON SUCH THE SECOND DEATH HATH NO POWER-Rev 20:6.
18-REWARDS:
THE NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH
AND I SAW A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH: FOR THE FIRST HEAVEN AND THE FIRST EARTH WERE PASSED AWAY; AND THERE WAS NO MORE SEA-Rev 21:1.
19-REWARDS:
NEW JERUSALEM
The saints inherit all things. This includes the city of God, which is called New Jerusalem.
AND I WILL WRITE UPON HIM THE NAME...OF THE CITY OF MY GOD, WHICH IS NEW JERUSALEM, WHICH COMETH DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN FROM MY GOD-Rev 3:12. AND I JOHN SAW THE HOLY CITY, NEW JERUSALEM, COMING DOWN FROM GOD OUT OF HEAVEN, PREPARED AS A BRIDE ADORNED FOR HER HUSBAND. AND I HEARD A GREAT VOICE OUT OF HEAVEN SAYING, BEHOLD, THE TABERNACLE OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND HE WILL DWELL WITH THEM, AND THEY SHALL BE HIS PEOPLE, AND GOD HIMSELF SHALL BE WITH THEM, AND BE THEIR GOD. AND GOD SHALL WIPE AWAY ALL TEARS FROM THEIR EYES; AND THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DEATH, NEITHER SORROW, NOR CRYING, NEITHER SHALL THERE BE ANY MORE PAIN: FOR THE FORMER THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY-Rev 21:2-4.
THE ONLY ONES WHO MAY ENTER ARE THOSE WHOSE NAMES ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE-Rev 21:27 JNT.15 BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, THAT THEY MAY...ENTER IN THROUGH THE GATES INTO THE CITY-Rev 22:14.
20-REWARDS:
IN HEAVEN
Blessed are the poor in spirit and the peacemakers. You are blessed when men hate you, reproach you, cast out your name for evil, persecute you, and speak against you falsely.
Jesus has gone to prepare a place for the saints. Those that obey and teach others to obey the least of God’s commandments shall be called great; those that do otherwise shall be called "the least."
The Lord promises we shall be able to eat of the tree of life and the hidden manna.
A further promise is made regarding a white stone with a new name written in it and also the morning star.
AND THE LORD...WILL PRESERVE ME UNTO HIS HEAVENLY KINGDOM-2 Tim 4:18.
BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT: FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 5:3.
BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS: FOR THEY SHALL BE CALLED THE CHILDREN OF GOD-Mt 5:9.
BLESSED ARE YE, WHEN MEN SHALL HATE YOU, AND WHEN THEY SHALL SEPARATE YOU FROM THEIR COMPANY, AND SHALL REPROACH YOU, AND CAST OUT YOUR NAME AS EVIL, FOR THE SON OF MAN’S SAKE. REJOICE YE IN THAT DAY, AND LEAP FOR JOY: FOR, BEHOLD, YOUR REWARD IS GREAT IN HEAVEN: FOR IN THE LIKE MANNER DID THEIR FATHERS UNTO THE PROPHETS-Lk 6:22,23.
BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH ARE PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE: FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. BLESSED ARE YE, WHEN MEN SHALL REVILE YOU, AND PERSECUTE YOU, AND SHALL SAY ALL MANNER OF EVIL AGAINST YOU FALSELY, FOR MY SAKE. REJOICE, AND BE EXCEEDING GLAD: FOR GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN: FOR SO PERSECUTED THEY THE PROPHETS WHICH WERE BEFORE YOU-Mt 5:10-12.
WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL DO AND TEACH THEM, THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 5:19.
IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE ARE MANY MANSIONS: IF IT WERE NOT SO, I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU-Jn 14:2.
TO HIM THAT OVERCOMETH WILL I GIVE TO EAT OF THE TREE OF LIFE, WHICH IS IN THE MIDST OF THE PARADISE OF GOD-Rev 2:7.
TO HIM THAT OVERCOMETH WILL I GIVE TO EAT OF THE HIDDEN MANNA, AND WILL GIVE HIM A WHITE STONE, AND IN THE STONE A NEW NAME WRITTEN, WHICH NO MAN KNOWETH SAVING HE THAT RECEIVETH IT-Rev 2:17.
AND I WILL GIVE HIM THE MORNING STAR-Rev 2:28.
In heaven, the saints will be COMFORTED-Lk 16:25.
21-REWARDS:
FOR ETERNITY
Those that come to Jesus and believe on Him will never hunger or thirst. The wise and those that turn many to righteousness shall shine. Those that are the least shall be great, and the saints shall have a new name written upon them.
AND JESUS SAID UNTO THEM, I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE: HE THAT COMETH TO ME SHALL NEVER HUNGER; AND HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME SHALL NEVER THIRST-Jn 6:35.
AND THEY THAT BE WISE SHALL SHINE AS THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE FIRMAMENT; AND THEY THAT TURN MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS AS THE STARS FOR EVER AND EVER-Dan 12:3. THEN THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE LIKE THE SUN IN THE KINGDOM OF THEIR FATHER-Mt 13:43 NIV.
FOR HE THAT IS LEAST AMONG YOU ALL, THE SAME SHALL BE GREAT-Lk 9:48.
AND I WILL WRITE UPON HIM MY NEW NAME-Rev 3:12.
22-REWARDS:
IN GENERAL
Doing such a small thing as receiving a righteous man or giving a cup of cold water to a child of God shall be rewarded.
ANYONE WHO RECEIVES A PROPHET BECAUSE HE IS A PROPHET WILL RECEIVE A PROPHET’S REWARD, AND ANYONE WHO RECEIVES A RIGHTEOUS MAN BECAUSE HE IS A RIGHTEOUS MAN WILL RECEIVE A RIGHTEOUS MAN’S REWARD. AND IF ANYONE GIVES A CUP OF COLD WATER TO ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES BECAUSE HE IS MY DISCIPLE, I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, HE WILL CERTAINLY NOT LOSE HIS REWARD-Mt 10:41,42 NIV. FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL GIVE YOU A CUP OF WATER TO DRINK IN MY NAME, BECAUSE YE BELONG TO CHRIST, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, HE SHALL NOT LOSE HIS REWARD-Mk 9:41.
23-A PARTIAL LIST OF REWARDS
• Everlasting life-ref Jn 3:16; Lk 18:30
• Called the sons of God-ref 1 Jn 3:1
• All things-ref Rev 21:7
• The Comforter-Jn 14:16; the Holy Ghost-ref Acts 5:32
• Members of His body, His flesh, His bones-ref Eph 5:30
• Not blot his name out of the book of life-ref Rev 3:5
• Obtain mercy-ref Mt 5:7
• Kept from the hour of temptation (the Tribulation)-ref Rev 3:10
• Jesus shall appear the second time-ref Heb 9:28
• Partakes of the first resurrection-ref Rev 20:6
• Those that sleep in Jesus, God will bring-ref 1 Thes 4:14