SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : About Geroge Fox..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
paula4jc

About Geroge Fox..

For those who heard about George Fox, what have you heard? How is he remembered, as a righteous man or a “Heretic?”
I never heard about him until I stumbled on his autobiography in the public domain. I wish some bible scholar or knowledgeable person here would read it and share there thought.

[url=http://www.ccel.org/ccel/fox_g/autobio.pdf]George Fox[/url]

2006/1/9 21:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: About Geroge Fox..

Quote:
For those who heard about George Fox, what have you heard? How is he remembered, as a righteous man or a “Heretic?”

Here is a few items you can look at and decide for yourself. Hardly a heritic. Try the search engine on the main page for more

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=2973&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]George Fox - A Quake that shook England by Greg Gordon[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=2969&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]The Sealed Epistle of George Fox[/url]

[u]Articles[/u]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=410]George Fox[/url]

2006/1/9 22:22Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

My dear ask yourself, "would a heretic pin the following words"?
George Fox....
"One day when I had been walking solitarily abroad, and was come home, I was taken up in the love of God, so that I could not but admire the greatness of His love, While I Was in that condition it was opened unto me by the eternal light and power, and I saw clearly therein that all was done, and to be done, in and by Christ; and how He conquers and destroys this tempter, the Devil and all his works, and is atop of him; and that all these troubles were good for me, and temptations for the trial of my faith, which Christ had given me. When at any time my condition was veiled, my secret belief was stayed firm, and hope underneath held me as an anchor in the bottom of the sea, and, and anchored my immortal soul to its Bishop, causing it to swim above the sea, the world, where all the raging waves, weather, tempests, and temptations are. But, oh! then did I see my troubles, trials and temptations more than ever I had done. As the light appeared, all appeared that is out of the light; darkness, death, temptations, the unrighteous, the ungodly; all was manifest and seen in the light.

--------------------------------

Then after this, there did a pure fire appear in me: then I saw how He sate as a refiner's fire and as fullers' soap;--then the spiritual discerning came into me, by which I did discern my own thoughts, groans and sighs; and what it was that did veil me, and what it was that did open me. That which could not abide in the patience nor endure the fire, in the light I found to be the groans of the flesh that could not give up to the will of God, which had veiled me; and that could not be patient in all trials, troubles and anguishes and perplexities, and could not give up self to die by the cross, the power of God, that the living and quickened might follow Him and that that which would cloud and veil from the presence Christ--that which the sword of the Spirit cuts down, and which must die--might not be kept alive."

[i]many of the online journals of George Fox do not even have the last half of this...which is seperated above[/i]

2006/1/10 0:19Profile
paula4jc

My heart tells me early at the first chapter of his autobiograph that he was from God. It seems his autobiograph isn't well read because people yield to the devil who doesn't want it read. I have read only the bible for years, but this year I feel God is calling me to read some of his servants book such Thomas Kempis and George Fox.

2006/1/10 12:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy