Discussion Forum : General Topics : The "Daniel Fast"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

One fast comes from Daniel 1.

Dan 1:5 And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
Dan 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Dan 1:12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
Dan 1:13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
Dan 1:15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Interesting how one could gain weight on such a diet. I've known people who used a "Jenny Craig" version of this style outfit to lose weight (which it is very easy to do.) All in all, it was a miracle.

The other "Daniel fast" comes from chapter 10:

Dan 10:3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

In other words, no meat, poultry, cheesy bisicuits, etc. Much more akin to the fast described at post 1. Methinks I skewed the impressions a bit with my post.

Suzy, as far as vegans go... you could not drink alcohol of any sort, which can be vegan friendly. The fast was from a man who ate meat, and as such was kind of designed for him (and not you or me.) And yes, there are vegetarians and vegans in the states (quite a few of them.)

2006/1/9 12:53Profile
Billy7

Re:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the wisdom on fasting. I have fasted in the past, but I always used the "only water, no food" method. This will be my first experience with the "Daniel" method.

Brother Benjamin, I attend church at Harvest Fellowship Church in Jasper, FL. I think my pastor got the idea for this fast from watching Paula White. I think it's something that she does at her church every January.

2006/1/9 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy