SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Start Your own Website?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Start Your own Website?

No my dear brethern, I am not trying to start another sermon index :) But I do enjoy to write(as unintellegent as it may read) and I would like to start a website. Do I need to learn HTML? I would like to use this website for articles, journals, quotes etc. The works basically. I want to start of with something small for now(and hopefully free) so I can get my feet wet and learn, then use whatever given of me by the Lord for his glory. Any help/advice/resources would be a blessing. Thankyou all

2006/1/7 21:32Profile
Bomar

Re: Start Your own Website?

Xanga is your best bet:

www.xanga.com

2006/1/8 1:36Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

I would also consider:

[url=http://www.blogger.com]www.blogger.com[/url]

You can make more adjustments to your website for free with Blogger (especially the template). On the other hand, with Xanga you can join several "blogrings" through which it is easier to "draw crowds" to your site :)

Paul

2006/1/8 2:48Profile

I think you should buy a domain name (less then $10.00 and then find a good host and start your own page.

This way you can share pictures, mp3 files or whatever you want. It would be good to learn a little basic html code.

I have many web sites and you can e-mail me with questions.

2006/1/8 12:55
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I would second freecd's suggestion, register a domain and find a good hosting company. I use a company called Praising Jesus as Lord Hosting. They offer a basic hosting package for just $50/year, that is very cheap when you think about it. They will help you register your domain also, that only costs $9. Here is the link to their website...

[url=http://www.pjlhosting.com/]Praising Jesus as Lord Hosting[/url]

As far as design of the site goes, you really don't need to know much html although it is helpful. Programs like Microsoft Frontpage make creating a site very simple, no need for direct html coding if you don't want to but flexibility to write your own code if you do.

If you need some help getting starting let me know.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/1/8 13:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy