SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Good book, great messages!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Maria
Member



Joined: 2003/6/8
Posts: 77
USA

 Good book, great messages!!

If anyone would like to be encouraged, there is a book called "Hungry For More of Jesus" by David Wilkerson that is pretty good.

Also, David Wilkerson is the founding pastor of a church called Times Square Church. The Senior Pastor is Carter Conlon. I believe with all my heart that these ministers are being used mightily right now. God has given them both good insight into what is coming. The warnings and exortations directed toward all in the Church of our generation have been breathtaking. How encouraging to know we are not alone!! God has His people -- although scattered. His works are rarely seen with the natural eye -- "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!‘ or, ‘There it is!‘ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." Luke 17:20-21

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!

Times Square Church is located in New York City.

I do not put my trust in any man, church or denomination, for my trust is in the Lord. But these men are proclaiming the Gospel IN TRUTH and as long as they are, I trust what is going on there is of God!! :o)

If anyone hasn't checked out "The Redeemer is Returning to Zion" or "Passing Under the Rod" I highly recommend them. Be prepared to tremble as these are very difficult messages for some to swallow. "The Cry of the Watchman" is also good. (All under David Wilkerson's section on this web page.)

Blessings,
--Maria
P.S. http://www.timessquarechurch.org (I hope I'm allowed to do this! If not, please tell me and I will take off the link!)


_________________
Stephanie

 2003/6/27 9:01Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Re: Good book, great messages!!

Thanks Maria,

Had recently listened to David Wilkerson's " A Call to Anguish" and it just floored me. He really poured out his soul in that message.

Quote:


If anyone would like to be encouraged, there is a book called "Hungry For More of Jesus" by David Wilkerson that is pretty good.



Thanks for the heads up, that will be next on my to read list!
Quote:

I believe with all my heart that these ministers are being used mightily right now.


Amen! I totally agree.
Quote:


I do not put my trust in any man, church or denomination, for my trust is in the Lord. But these men are proclaiming the Gospel IN TRUTH and as long as they are, I trust what is going on there is of God!! :o)


Again, Amen!
Quote:


If anyone hasn't checked out "The Redeemer is Returning to Zion" or "Passing Under the Rod" I highly recommend them. Be prepared to tremble as these are very difficult messages for some to swallow. "The Cry of the Watchman" is also good.


Will do, just as Jesus said to "take up your cross" we need to hear the things we would much rather not have to hear. To be rebuked for our complacency, prayerlessness, self sufficiency, pride, etc. I am speaking for myself, frankly I have grown tired of hearing "nice" sermons that produce little fruit. Been reading a lot of Jim Cymbala lately and agree with him that what we need is the Holy Spirit to be poured out in our lives, all these "man" made ideas, programs,etc. are not doing anything, if there is no power behind it what do we think will be accomplished?
Of course, I need to start practicing what I am preaching, I hardly witness to anybody. God forgive me, make me bold by Your Holy Spirit. I think I just fell off my soapbox!

Heading over to check out that website.
Thanks Maria and God Bless You
crsschk


_________________
Mike Balog

 2003/6/27 12:09Profile
Maria
Member



Joined: 2003/6/8
Posts: 77
USA

 Re:

Quote:
"What we need is the Holy Spirit to be poured out in our lives, all these "man" made ideas, programs,etc. are not doing anything, if there is no power behind it what do we think will be accomplished?"


So true!! And on that note:

Quote:
"Of course, I need to start practicing what I am preaching, I hardly witness to anybody. God forgive me, make me bold by Your Holy Spirit."


The other day I was feeling bad about the same thing -- I was like "God, I don't always stand and talk to my neighbors about Jesus." But, He reminded me of something. If we are in Christ, we ARE a witness. It's not about WITNESSING, it's about BEING a witness. There is such a difference, don't you think? If we just TRY to witness more, we've put ourselves in the category of programs, etc. But if we simply submit to God, we will have the Testimony (of Jesus) within us and we are automatically witnesses!! So, we can trust that while we are talking to that neighbor or friend, Jesus will be present, as we abide in Him and He in us. Even if we are talking about something silly like the lawn needing to be mowed. It's the Testimony of Christ abiding within us, not our TRYING to witness that makes a difference. (Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in telling people about Jesus. I only mean we don't have to get bent out of shape TRYING to do it or thinking we have to TRY... Does that makes sense? Boy, I hope so! Hehe. It's hard to communicate on these things sometimes.)

"You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me. It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And I am God." Isaiah 43: 10-12

"To whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27 (CHRIST IN US is the "mystery" to the nations!)

Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24:45-48

Blessings! You are an encouragement, crsschk! Keep seeking Jesus!!! =)

--Maria
P.S. A good message on the Times Square Church site is "The Faithful Afflictions of God."(In the section: August, 2002) "When Defeat Becomes Doctrine" (December02) is also very good, and "The Glorying of Leaven." (January03) =)


_________________
Stephanie

 2003/6/28 10:36Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Re:

Quote:


The other day I was feeling bad about the same thing -- I was like "God, I don't always stand and talk to my neighbors about Jesus." But, He reminded me of something. If we are in Christ, we ARE a witness. It's not about WITNESSING, it's about BEING a witness. There is such a difference, don't you think?



Yeah,....I know
Quote:


If we just TRY to witness more, we've put ourselves in the category of programs, etc. But if we simply submit to God, we will have the Testimony (of Jesus) within us and we are automatically witnesses!!



Exactly

Quote:

It's the Testimony of Christ abiding within us, not our TRYING to witness that makes a difference. (Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in telling people about Jesus. I only mean we don't have to get bent out of shape TRYING to do it or thinking we have to TRY... Does that makes sense? Boy, I hope so! Hehe. It's hard to communicate on these things sometimes.)



Sigh... Thanks for sheding some needed light here Maria, Funny I didn't even realize that in effect I was contradicting myself, reminds me of Gal 3:3
"Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the FLESH?"
TRYING...Yes, that stubborn male characteristic, Mr. Fix-it mentality (kind of what I do for a living), I know what you mean by :
Quote:

"Does that makes sense? ...It's hard to communicate on these things "


It's kind of like forcing fruit to grow, "If I just grunt and grit my teeth, and agonize over everything, run around in circles till I am really dizzy, and do more and TRY real hard!And..And..And!.. THEN I will have FRUIT!!"
Good grief! I find myself thinking, "Why am I always squirming, Lord?"
Maybe a little impatient, perhaps?
"Can't we just get on with it?".......
Of course that is not to say that we just sit idly by and do nothing......Boy, how did I get this far down the rabbit trail? Let me backtrack,
being a witness, that's what we were talking about. BEING! Hmmmm, maybe that's it! I think I think to much, a little to much navel gazing.
Funny, I had gone out to do an estimate on a job yesterday, someone who I had done some work for quite a few years ago and as part of the conversation, the topic of charity came up and it just came out of my mouth that I was a Christian and made mention regarding tithing, the principle of sowing and reaping....reflecting back on it, it was very natural, unforced, not self-conscious.
Had to shake my head, it's just so ridiculous.
I don't "fear" men, in that regard, or any for that matter....Babbling here....Still have some damaged brain cells that have yet to regenerate, see what smoking pot will do to you? (No, not any longer!That went by the wayside along with the other trash that had to be cleaned out when the Lord took up residence)

By the way, may I say YOU are an encouragement to me! Thanks for holding my previous comments up to the light.

"Be still, and know....."

_/crsschk\_



_________________
Mike Balog

 2003/6/29 9:53Profile





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy