SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Really thankful that I find this site

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
YY

California

Really thankful that I find this site

Hello, I'm new here and have already been blessed by getting prayers and suggestions for my own post asking for advices. Thank you! There're many faithful and mature christians on this forum, and from all over the world. It's just wonderful!

Born and grown up in China, I used to be a brain-washed atheist. I came to US in 1998 to join my husband, and by God's grace was saved in 2000, becoming the first Christian in my family.

I'm living in North California with my husband and my 2-year old son. I often feel guilty that I haven't grown much since I was saved 5 years ago, but I'm thankful that I do desire to know the Lord more and follow his food steps more. I figure that the desire could not come from corrupted self or from the evil one.

Grace and peace to brothers and sisters.

2006/1/5 15:27Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Really thankful that I find this site

Welcome to SI dear sister,

There's a wonderful Chinese website that has blessed me immensely and you can download and view a video in four parts on the history of the church in China. I bought a DVD from The Voice of the Martyrs but you can download it for free at [url=http://www.chinasoul.org/]The Cross in China Website[/url]. It's in Chinese and English both. The "Seeds of Blood" is my personal favorite but it's an incredible thing to behold.

Blessings to you and I pray that Jesus manifest His presence in your heart and life...

EDIT: I finally figured out how to insert the URL properly and I changed it. It is possible for an old dog to learn new tricks. ;-)

2006/1/5 15:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Really thankful that I find this site

Hi YY,

Quote:
I often feel guilty that I haven't grown much since I was saved 5 years ago, but I'm thankful that I do desire to know the Lord more and follow his food steps more. I figure that the desire could not come from corrupted self or from the evil one.

Think that desire is growth and it has been my experience that you will find many growth spurts from what is availble here. Often times it's when we [i]think[/i] we are not moving 'forward' that some of the greatest work is being done. In other words, if we are concerned about it and working toward Gods thought, then we are well on the way. Its when there is no concern that we should be ... concerned.

So glad you are here sister.

2006/1/5 15:37Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

One thing that always amuses me is going back to old posts I've made. There has been times I have really made myself look stupid. haha! I think I'm maturing... :-P

2006/1/5 15:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy