SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Will you support this ministry?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Will you support this ministry?

[b]Yesterday, I wrote something that was on my heart in the thread about Greg's attempt to make SermonIndex an "advertisement free website." I thought that it merited being posted again:[/b]

"...this desire to be advertisement has reaffirmed the truth that Greg really needs our help for this website to continue. I have been blessed by this website for years now -- yet I haven't contributed much money to keep the ministry going.

While "walking with God" the other day, I felt the Lord remind me that I need to contribute funds. I am still a student finishing Graduate School, and I don't have much excess money very often. However, I am certain that every little bit helps. Remember the fish and loaves?

I have been enormously blessed through this ministry. The sermons, songs, fellowship, and even the forums have contributed greatly to my faith in Christ over the past years. And then I wondered, "What would life be like without SermonIndex?" What a terrible thought! But without support, Greg cannot keep up with the responsibility of this ministry.

I don't know Greg very well. But I know that Greg seldom mentions the financial needs for this website. He doesn't bombard us with requests for money. Hopefully, he will never have to. But for it to stay this way, he will need our help. The Lord has laid upon my heart that I need to contribute a certain amount of money each month. This payday, I am going to do my best to either meet or exceed that amount.

Perhaps there are others out there who feel the same way?"

[b]Greg did not "put me up" to this -- and I actually hope that he isn't upset that I posted this request. I have downloaded [u]many[/u] life-changing messages, yet I have contributed so very [u]little[/u]. If you feel the same way, and it is in your heart to support this wonderful ministry, just click the link on the left entitled "HELP SUPPORT," or click on the following link:[/b]

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/donations/

[b]The Lord will bless you mightily -- and you will help make sure that the messages found at SermonIndex will continue to available to many others![/b]

:-)

2006/1/4 16:02Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: Will you support this ministry?

A little note:

The words "Help Support" don't readily indicate donations. It is easily confused with terms such as "techinical support" or such. To me, "Help Support" doesn't say, "help support this website", rather it says, "click here if you need help or support."

I think this should change to "make a donation" or something a little more specific. Additionally, it would help if this was at the top of the page, say the right side of the SermonIndex logo or right above the list that says, "our sponsors." It should be clearly visible and easy to find.

Lastly, yes I would like to help. A worker is worth his pay.

Blake

2006/1/4 16:24Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re:

I agree with all my heart. And I have tithed before into other christian forum's and christian programming sites. I do not see why Sermon Index, being the blessing that it is, should recieve any less. God willing upon my pay check I will be able to cast my two pense in, as the widow our Lord commended.

2006/1/4 17:39Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

I too am guilty of failing to compensate for what I have received in this "Most Excellent" of christian forums.

Confession made , now for the restitution part......the check is in the mail....just had to say that...lol. :-P 8-)

2006/1/4 21:37Profile

The most important thing to remember guys and gals is that don't get into your thinking that you have to give big in order to be really giving.

A one dollar bill is a donation and it's far appreciated by Greg receiving that 1 dollar than the person who promises a hundred dollars and never give it.

God mulitiplies the little things, the most insignificant things.

With this thinking, give....with all your heart.

LS

P.S. If you got millions you don't need God, you need a banker.

:-)

2006/1/4 21:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy