Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 "the gift of tears" -paul cain

[b]the gift of tears[/b]

There will be no public reaping without some public weeping. The greatest reapers in this world are the greatest weepers.

There is a gift that we need to ask God for in these days. It's the gift of tears. We need to come before the Lord, making ourselves available to Him in a deeper way. The gift of tears is more than a result of the suffering that comes from living in a fallen world. It flows from feeling the pain and the suffering that the Lord Jesus feels for us. He is our High Priest, touched by the feeling of our infirmities. We need to feel what He feels for America. We need to feel what He feels for the Church. We need to feel what He feels about sin and the abominations that are going on in the earth today.

We must have tears if we are going to see revival. If we have no tears it's because our hearts are parched. Lord, give us tears that we may see revival!

David said in Psalm 6, "I'm worn out from groaning all night long." How long has it been since you or I have groaned all night long? He also said, "I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow."

Have you considered Jesus Christ as a man of sorrows? He's not known as a man of laughter. He's not known as a man of frivolous flippancy. He is known as a man of sorrows.

In these last days it's imperative that the Church become a partaker both of Christ's heavenly calling and His heavenly ways. Jesus Christ is a man of sorrows. What a privilege to share in the fellowship of Christ's sufferings - even, if necessary, to the point of death.

Our dry eyes reflect our parched hearts. The shedding of tears shows that the heart is engaged. Where are tears today? Ps. 56:8 says, "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?" Did you know that God is saving up our tears?

I know theologians who are as dry as shucks. They never shed a tear no matter how emotional their text or subject. How can you preach the gospel, the death of Christ and all that happened on the cross without tears? If you look at the Son of God without tears to protect your spiritual eyes you'll go blind. Could this be what has happened to so many theologians? They look into the word but they never cry. They never engage their hearts.

What if all of us were called upon to accept God's gift of tears before He would ever consider giving His gift of revival? Would you apply for the gift? Would you seek for the gift? Would you beg for the gift? If you really want revival, I believe you would.

Until a situation really seems hopeless we won't cry. We won't employ tears unless it's really desperate. Don't you think it's about time we try tears? We may have had a little too much of the opposite in the Church. Let's try tears.

Maybe we have too much "know how". Now it's time to have the "know Who", the Man of Sorrows. Let's try tears. I tell you, there will be no public reaping without some public weeping. The greatest reapers in this world are the greatest weepers.

Ministry in the last days is worth everything. It will cost everything. Are you willing to pay the price in much tears, in much prayer and supplication? I pray a lot, but I don't supplicate enough. If necessary, I need to supplicate until I suffocate! We need prayer and supplication. We need to pray as Jesus prayed, with strong crying and tears.

Where are the tears today? This is what we ought to ask ourselves. Do we really know the heart of God? "Out of the heart flow the issues of life," Prov. 4:23 says. Not out of strategic meetings, planning committees, building committees, missions committees, not out of little weak prayer meetings, but out of intercession and prayer with travail.

I want my soul to be filled with tears, and rivers of living water to flow out of my innermost being, rivers that will water the seed. The seed of prayer produces little unless it is watered with tears, the water that nurtures it and brings forth a harvest.

So ask God for the gift of tears. Expect it - ask for it and expect it. I think the Lord is saying, "I want My Church to go from feasting and playing to fasting and praying. From laughing to mourning and then from weeping to reaping." From weeping to reaping - can you see where it will end? We must go from laughter to mourning. We have gone all out for hilarity. Now the party's over.

Oh, for prophets like Jeremiah, who cried out for his eyes to be a fountain of tears! Prayer and intercession is our most important work. Let that be locked into your thinking.

Prayer and intercession is the most important work of the Church. The next move of God will not be characterized by people falling on their backs and laughing, although that can be good.

The next move of God will be known for people falling on their faces and weeping, weeping, weeping - all the while God is being magnified as the Church beholds His majesty, beholds His glory and becomes His glory.

2006/1/3 19:06Profile
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: "the gift of tears" -paul cain

I wanted to write a book called, " If Tears Had a Voice". At first I thought it was a little weird, when I came back to Christ and His Word I found myself weeping for no apparent reason. I took it to be the recognition of my sinful heart before the love of my Saviour. I began to expect the tears while at the same time fearing for my sanity. For over a year and a half I have wept often, cried and teared up, in church, in prayer and on the bus. I remember the night I was baptised by immersion about five months ago, I woke about one in the morning knowing the Lord wanted my attention. I was at first praying but I soon became overwhelmed and was sobbing so hard I started to choke. I clutched my bible and just rocked back and forth weeping and the only spiritual explanation I can give is that as the Lord draws near, I weep for His love that is like the touch of a Father I have never known on this earth. When I told my pastor about this he immediately labeled it intercessory prayer, and there is a new found power in my prayer that I hesitate to recognize for fear that my pride would dry up the Spirit.
I can't even teach or preach certain things without getting tears in the back of my throat and I do despair for the dryness of our collective christian hearts. The one thing I wish to teach most ferverently is how to cry in the presence of the Lord, hence the book idea. I could go on but I'm behind in my work preparing to teach. I hope someone else out there can relate.

Your brother in His service,
Rich

2006/1/3 19:36Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Thank you Rich,

I can relate to what you've described and praise God that the tears will increase. There's a wonderful sermon entitled "A Call to Anguish" by David Wilkerson that I would suggest you listen to.

Jesus is sharing with you His anguish. What an awesome gift, true tears are. (EDIT: True meaning that they are from God. We can have tears of remorse such as Esau had, but those tears are not from God's heart.)

2006/1/3 20:14Profile
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re:

Already have, about a year ago.

2006/1/3 20:15Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: Tears

O Lord, help me to weep for the lost. Please soften my heart to weep and pray for those that don't know you or are going a direction from you. Lord Jesus, that I would have your heart for the city or sheep that don't consider the prophets or your words. How can I say that you are in my heart without this compassion that is in you.

2006/1/3 20:35Profile
HopeinChrist

Wow, yes I can relate and thanks for posting this. I weep uncontrollably at times, privately and corporately, especially during prayer and worship, . Sometimes during the middle of work I will just begin to weep for no apparent reason. The pain can seem unbearable at times. This has gone on for years and I thought at one time I must be crazy. During private time with the Lord it was fine but during corporate gatherings it would be embarassing. It is not so much fun to be weeping when others are rejoicing. I used to worry about what others would think. I imagined they were thinking, "what is wrong with her now?" "She is always crying, what is her problem?" I would even pray that God would help me stop the tears because I thought others must think I was the most depressed person ever. When I prayed this, I was rebuked and I felt him tell me it was a gift. I can't honestly say I felt complete comfort at this revelation but I knew I could not ask Him to take it away any more. I am learning appreciate it more and trying to resist it less.
Hope

2006/1/3 20:41Profile

Quote:
the only spiritual explanation I can give is that as the Lord draws near, I weep for His love that is like the touch of a Father I have never known on this earth

relewis111,

This makes perfect sense to me. Many 'people' - pastors, church members, others - know nothing of the depth of emotional healing which the Lord desires to impart to people.... which, if you did not receive love from your earthly father, He now wishes to fill up appropriately. I believe that what you discern of the reason for these tears, is the explanation the Spirit has brought to your heart from the Lord. Receive it and allow it to work in you. And don't worry about how many months or years they last.... they may come and go less frequently in the future, but, the operation of the Spirit through them, is to make you strong - substantially strong - in your inner being, Eph 3:16.

You may well develop a ministry of intercession as you understand more what God is doing for you, and therefore, can do for others, but, I believe His primary intention is to make you whole.

I say 'people' advisedly, because some believe [i]only[/i] Christians can be healed...... but if you do a Bible study on it, you'll find Christ and the disciples brought healing to all the 'people' unconditionally.

Hope,

I believe your pain and weeping may have a similar origin and will have a similar conclusion, as you receive your [u]healing[/u].

I cried for years and years and years and years, before I began to interface with the Father for healing - after I'd done the Bible study I mentioned to relewis111, above.

A good bit of the time, I would have to tell Him I didn't know what to ask for, and latterly I left much of it to Him, simply offering Him my permission to take whatever pain, or to touch whatever part (of inner being - also body) which needed to be changed (little by little). The biggest culture shock to a survivor of sexual abuse, was realising that... of course, He understood my physical being, (because He made it :-P ) how it had been affected and how to fix it. Once past that mental hurdle, I ended up with no holds barred to Him, and am [i][b]much[/b][/i] much the better for it.

2006/1/4 7:33
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

I heard there were times that George Whitefield would preach during the Great Awakening in England and then America that huge crowds of people would weep. Twice in my life, I have been places where this happened on a smaller scale of less than a hundred people. Both times it was totally unplanned. God just showed up and manifested himself in this way. I don't think the hardest heart could stand to be there without weeping.

2006/1/4 9:55Profile
sj

is this the same "prophet" paul cain that is living in homosexuality and drunkeness?
i realllly hope not...

2006/1/4 10:40Profile

You know, when I was reading the initial article, I had some quibbles with the proposed doctrine but, I wasn't sure who'd written it and don't want to be too critical of younger brethren.....

That said, the biggest flaw in the 'truth' proposed is here,

Quote:
I want my soul to be filled with tears, and rivers of living water to flow out of my innermost being, rivers that will water the seed. The seed of prayer produces little unless it is watered with tears, the water that nurtures it and brings forth a harvest.

which is [u]completely[/u] unscriptural....

1 Cor 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

so thanks, sj, for giving me enough reason to speak up.

Actually, the more I read again, looking for that quote, the more I found that I don't like.

Greg (sermonindex), I should have said all this earlier, perhaps. Maybe on closer inspection, you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
There will be no public reaping without some public weeping. The greatest reapers in this world are the greatest weepers.

Is this really true?

Quote:
The gift of tears is more than a result of the suffering that comes from living in a fallen world. [b]It flows from feeling the pain and the suffering that the Lord Jesus [u]feels[/u] for us[/b]. He [u]is our High Priest[/u], touched by the feeling of our infirmities. We need to feel what He feels for America. We need to feel what He feels for the Church. We need to feel what He feels about sin and the abominations that are going on in the earth today.

Heb 7:24 But this [man], because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 26 For such an high priest became us, [who is] holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he [u]offered[/u] up himself.

He 'offered' - past tense, but, in the Spirit, He is the eternal sacrifice, the Lamb just slain - Rev 5:6.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith; [u]who for the [b]joy[/b][/u] that was set before him [b]endured the cross, despising the shame[/b], and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In the days of His earthly ministry, Jesus often had compassion and healed people. This is how I've experienced His ministry in the Spirit on the point of how He feels about the effects of sin in the world; most specifically, He is well-able to minister to our needs. What makes Him [i][b]sad[/b][/i] is the people who walk away from the cross, which would be the only way for them to have their sin dealt with, and be welcomed into the Father's presence.

Quote:
I know theologians who are as dry as shucks. They never shed a tear no matter how emotional their text or subject. How can you preach the gospel, the death of Christ and all that happened on the cross without tears?

I sense the author is entreating the reader for an emotional response.... I've sat under this kind of ministry and it can be very persuasive, but, is not the gospel good news?

1 Cor 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Quote:
If necessary, I need to supplicate until I suffocate!

I don't like this statement. It's confused and confusing.

There is more, but I'll desist.

2006/1/4 13:02

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy