SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A big thanks already....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
eaglewing

A big thanks already....

I believe this site will deff bless me....

Im new, and found this site thru the many times I have searched for anything by Manley Beasley over the years....he had so blessed my life in the past and WOW, come to see that I can get some of his sermons right here, well, I can only say thanks to the founders and supporters...Im sure this site, with its priceless resources in wonderful preaching of the classic and profound men of God, will be one of my favorite places to visit and have a 'time with the Lord'.

'HELP SUPPORT'?...I don't think there is a question about that...just need to pray about how much... :-)

BTW: Im from St. Louis MO, been to many a revival by Manley back in the 80s and miss him alot...thnx for the new treasure

Keep up the Great Work!!!

2006/1/2 20:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A big thanks already....

Welcome brother,

So glad you found SI and I know you will be blessed. Maybe you could fill us in on Manley Beasly, for those who do not know much about him, which would include myself.

2006/1/2 20:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Im new, and found this site thru the many times I have searched for anything by Manley Beasley over the years....he had so blessed my life in the past and WOW, come to see that I can get some of his sermons right here, well, I can only say thanks to the founders and supporters.

Welcome to SermonIndex,

I hope you are continually blessed and would recommend you check out other speakers such as Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, T. Austin Sparks. Also if you haven't already check out this sermon by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt

2006/1/2 20:34Profile
eaglewing

Re: A big thanks already....

Manley Beasley was an evangelist with a very unique message, or should I say a unique way of presenting himself in order to challenge you to revive.

You see he was living with Lupus, and I believe a total of 7 diseases [five of which were deadly] for a period of 20 years or more that doctors could not explain why he was still even alive. However, he was convinced of why he was still alive, cuz GOD wasn't done with him yet, and God used those diseases to get Manley to totally trust GOD for everyday, and he preached that way. It was very clear to me when I would listen to his messages. Maybe 'down to earth' is a phrase that doesn't do justice but I'm a simple man and he seemed to have a way to connect to me.

I'm sure his style is not for everyone, but it was for me.

Anyway, you have some good stuff on him and I will be listening to all of it along with your suggestions also Sermonindex...thnx for the tips...it'll keep me buisy for some time I'm sure.
:-) :-) :-)

2006/1/2 21:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm sure his style is not for everyone, but it was for me.

I remember a friend telling me that he was so sick one time that he was laying on a wood board. and they put him in the front of the congregation and tilted the board up so he could preach to the congreagation. The scripture "as unto dying men to dying men" brings new light with that story!

2006/1/2 21:05Profile
eaglewing

Re:

I believe thats true SIndex...I remember hearing that myself...

One of his more interesting points once made was that when we pray 'give us this day our daily bread'....BREAD, didn't always mean something we wanted to chew on, but sometimes HAD TO in order to grow....he considered his sickness his daily 'bread'....amazing he was...
the example came from the old testement when the 'spys' came back and reported the land so negatively, and Joshua and Caleb responded - NUM 14:9, "Only rebel NOT against the Lord, neither fear the people of the land, for they are 'Bread' for us...and the Lord is with us: fear them not."

2006/1/2 23:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy