SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Love Feast - Should We Reinstate It?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

The Love Feast - Should We Reinstate It?

Check out this article on the "Agape" or love feast, a common practice during the first three centuries of Christianity:

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/love-feast.html

Should churches reinstate this practice?

I am the pastor of a new church and although conducting these agape feast every day would be perhaps too radical, I would like to see them practiced on Sunday evenings.

-Chris

2006/1/1 21:25Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re: The Love Feast - Should We Reinstate It?

Hi brother,

There is sort of a revival of this practice in many Home Church/Out of Church movements.

I do fellowship with a group of believers just south of where I live where we gather many times around a sort of feast. It's very informal and is made up generally of brothers and sisters coming from many different churches and as many different denominations. We usually, but not always gather at a brother's house named Alan Martin (you can find a couple of sermons on this site). The fellowship is wonderful and there is a sweet spirit about the gathering. You can feel the Lord's presence there, but not because we keep the outward form only, but also the inward form--feasting the Word of God.

I would encourage you brother to go for something like this if it is the Lord's leading. It can be a wonderfully uplifting time, and everyone's faith is greatly strengthened.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2006/1/1 21:56Profile
groh_frog

Hey, whether with excuse, or 'just because', the more fellowship a church has together, the better. Keep your focus on our God, and you can't go wrong.

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/1 21:57Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

I think it would be a fine idea...

It might be interesting seeing people slow down enough to spend four to six hours in the Church for one service every Sunday, an admirable thing.

If you were mainly referring just to the meal and fellowship, that would be pretty cool, too.

2006/1/2 1:15Profile
dohzman

My home church practices that ---not weekly, but on a regular basis--at least once per month on the average. and we try to have an olde' fashioned foot washing once per year. :-) God Bless ya pastor as you seek to follow God's word.

2006/1/2 5:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy