Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : 2 signs of revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
One day someone asked Wesley if he expected to see Whitfield in heaven. The evangelist replied, ‘No, I do not believe I will see Whitfield in heaven.’

‘Then do you not think Whitfield is a converted man?’

‘Of course he is a converted man!’ Wesley replied, ‘I do not expect to see him in heaven-because he will be so close to the throne of God, and I will be so far away that I will not be able to see him!’

Quote:
The Communists didn’t make the same denominational distinctions that Christians often do. They didn’t give the Baptists to their own cell and Orthodox Christians somewhere else; they were all thrown together and beaten together for their one common faith in Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Someday we are all going to be gathered around the throne from every kindred and tongue and tribe and nation.

Many thanks Josiah.

May your tribe increase within our common faith in Jesus Christ.

MC

2006/2/1 12:34Profile
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

Re:

We have to get in the trunk and hand Jesus the keys an ask HIM to lock it for us. Following Jesus is the only way. Making Jesus the Lord of our life will get rid of SELF centeredist. Dieing to the cross daily that I must decrease for Him to increase through us.

2006/2/12 23:17Profile
Billy7

Re:

Here's a link to an excellent message on unusual prayer:

http://www.worldinvisible.com/avlib/aud_player_ch.mv?aud_id=278

2006/2/13 22:00Profile
Josiah777

Sterling, VA

Re:

Quote:

Billy7 wrote:
Here's a link to an excellent message on unusual prayer:

Billy7 - thanks for the hot tip! I listened to that (Spiritual Prayer 3 - Our Need to Pray) and it was really encouraging/inspiring/challenging. I had never heard Ernest O'Neill before but the anointed preaching is evident...I'm going to check out some more of his sermons. I noticed he had many more on prayer and revival.

2006/2/14 10:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Christian Quotation of the Day

February 8, 2006

Meditation:

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.' As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest.'"
-- Hebrews 3:7-11 (ESV)

Quotation:

"If the Christian penitent dares to ask that his many departures from the Christian norm, his impatience, gloom, self-occupation, unloving prejudices, reckless tongue, feverish desires, with all the damage they have caused to Christ's Body, be set aside, because--because, in spite of all, he longs for God and Eternal Life: then he must set aside and forgive all that the impatience, selfishness, bitter and foolish speech, and sudden yieldings to base impulse by others have caused him to endure. Hardness is the one impossible thing. Harshness to others in those who ask and need the mercy of God sets up a conflict at the very heart of personality and shuts the door upon grace".
... Evelyn Underhill (1875-1941), Abba [1940]

http://www.cqod.com/
http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006/2/14 15:25Profile
Billy7

Re:

Hi Josiah777,

I'm glad you enjoyed Bro. O'Neil's message. I've been listening to his series on the Spiritual Life and it's really been blessing and challenging me in my walk with God.

2006/2/15 21:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy