SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : An advertisement Free SermonIndex

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

An advertisement Free SermonIndex

Fairly well know for being longwinded in these parts so with a deep breath will make this short...

I am asking us all to consider what we might be able to do in supporting SermonIndex by doing away with the advertising ad's by Google on the left. The reason being that as a 'searching' function it draws on keywords and does a search, pulling up links that show up in the field. It is a random search not unlike what one would do on our own.

The problem is it can lead to problematic sites and give off an apperance of endorsement.

The only reason they are there is due to the fact that it generates funds towards keeping all this that we receive from freely, afloat. There is nothing more that would like to be done than to eliminate this from this site, but the facts are, the support is just not there to do so.

So it is a challenge to us all to decide what to do about it. Forget the pleas for money, the cleverness, the mincing of words all the cliche' ridden rubbish we all are weary of.

Pray.

And then do whatever He tells you.

2005/12/31 12:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

An advertisement Free SermonIndex

Edit ~ Post was to move it back on to the main page

2005/12/31 16:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Just so everyone is on the same page of what Mike is talking about he is referring to the google ads that are found on every page of the site. They bring in a certain amount of monies that helps considerably in running this site and all the costs that it incumbers including taking care of some of my needs. I would also like to see as Mike proposed a doing away of the ads and that would require more support from God's people.

One individual emailed me and gave them the name of "devil adverts" and so they might be. At this time I know God is calling me to bible school and I have it in my heart as Gods will to finish the 2 years of study. I have been very close to getting other work to help subsidize this ministry and as I come back from school that might be a definite possibility. All I would also ask is as Mike said:

Quote:
Pray.

And then do whatever He tells you.

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/googleads.jpg[/img]

2005/12/31 17:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: An advertisement Free SermonIndex

Any prayer towards this?

2006/1/1 21:57Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Have we looked towards other ministries for support? I guess, it would be great to get more sponsors, as well as if all of us gave faithfully to this ministry specifically. Didn't you say (Greg) that if each member gave $5 a month you would have all the support you need?

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/1 22:02Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
if each member gave $5

That would amount to $75,000 :-P which is very much above what is needed. I could definetly begin to use a larger amount like that for outreaches and material reproduction and new website features. If every member gave .10cents each that would amount to just over $1000 which would be good for the running of the ministry and supporting of myself monthly.

I have definite goals and vision for this minsistry that the Lord is giving me but I am waiting on his timing. I believe where God guides he will provide. It would be great to see many more faithful supporters of this ministry. As everyone knows here that this ministry is not flashy and doesn't have slick features and gimmicks. There are no false advertisments, what you see is what you get. Apostolic.

I am definetly open to hear what people think about these things and as mike did say pray for this ministry.

2006/1/1 22:17Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Definitely praying.

2006/1/1 22:20Profile
CyberCarbon

Advertising Free website, well just consider....

This would require a very serious commitment from all of us, a few months ago I had a knee operation and went to an excellent sport clinic. On the wall, they had a wall of honor for those who were able and chose to support this fine clinic. The increments were 20.00, 50.00, 100.00, 250.00, 500.00, 1,000.00, 2500.00, 5,000.00, 10,000.00, 25,0000, and 50,000.00 USD. They were then given the title of bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, etc. This is just a thought for consideration. I would like to add that I have been on the net since the early 1990’s I have seen many sites come and go. A few of them were mind. This is truly a worthy effort; I wish I would of thought of it first. I refuse to be a copy-cater but I do support this site, it is a lot better than ebay, and I am sure the Lord feels the same way.

2006/1/2 17:44Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Advertising Free website, well just consider....

I am happy to announce that SermonIndex is now offically advertising free. I believe God has led me to do this and not run SermonIndex with any business aspects to it. I thank God for his faithfulness and surely God will provide. Do pray brothers and sisters to uphold this ministry in support. Let everyman give as they are compelled and moved by the Holy Spirit.

So as of right now there are no google ads on SermonIndex and I would love to hear ideas of what features to use in that space for the website.

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies."
-Hudson Taylor

I love you brothers and sisters for your prayers and comments, God surely using many of you to direct and guide steps and additions to this ministry.

2006/1/3 15:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Faith!

Praise be to God brother for your faith and obedience! This really took me by pleasant surprise and thought maybe a flood of support came in... I do hope that people will continue to pray regardless, for all that goes on and through this ministry. I honestly believe we do not know the smallest part of how all this is impacting the brethren and in turn what the Lord will do through us all.

Thank God for raising up his servant Greg to feed His sheep with this grand buffet. May we keep him always before the Lord and may the Lord send revival once again into our midst.

2006/1/3 15:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy