SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you deal with a lying spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
groh_frog

Re:

I'm good at remembering what I've read, just not where it's written!

"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine..." (1 Tim 1:3)

"Them that sin rebuke before all, that other also may fear" (1 Tim 5:20)

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/1 19:43Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Also,

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that brought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Pet 2:1)

Then remember that:

"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked and he turn not from hiw wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul." (Eze 3:18-19)

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/1 19:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lying

Quote:
'There is an awful lot of ramifications that could come from this, one being that deadly 'gift of suspicion' mentioned elsewhere in these parts.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please could you elaborate on this? What is the 'gift of suspicion'? I've heard of it, too, but know it is not scriptural. If you mean am I prone to suspect I'm being lied to? I'd say categorically the opposite. And unless the Lord brings me the thought that I've just nearly fallen for a lie, I am really slow to consider it as a possibility.... even yet.

It was almost tounge in check ...
Quote:
[i]Many people do use their imagination and call it the spirit of God. My pastor calls this the gift of suspicion, which by the way is not a gift of the Spirit. Many just assume or suspect something is going on and its not a gift of knowledge, wisdom, or discernment.[/i]

From PreachParsly in [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8544&forum=35#65231]Vain Imagination VS Holy Imagination[/url]

2006/1/1 20:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:

groh_frog wrote:

"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked and he turn not from hiw wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul." (Eze 3:18-19)

Thanks for the prod: I needed that. You all have really encouraged me. I will do as bidded with God's help. I have been in a defensive mode for so long and it has been killing me! I do not know where this will take me/us but we will go where God will lead us to.

ginnyrose

2006/1/1 21:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lying, denial, blame

Hi Ginnyrose,

Not sure how my own particular experience measures here, but it does seem similar and is ongoing in how to address things...

Quote:
About abuse causing aberrant behaviours, even in adults...I have serious questions:
1. When a person comes to the LORD, walks with HIM, why do you have such serious behaviour problems? Does the HS not enable one to live above and beyond past hurts, real or imagined?
2. In crises counseling we were told to tell our clients they must take charge of their life in order to have change. All many today want to do is sit and expect others to do it for them. In the case of 'abuse' all some want to do is talk about it, have pity parties and think there is nothing wrong with them.
3. I wish I could know how many of the alleged cases of abuse are actually cases of lying by the victim? Who are people in rebellion? Do not get me wrong: I know there are bona fide cases of abuse, but I am convicned not all are. And how to discern which is which...

I really truly believe a large part of the problem is exactly what you alluded to here and frankly feel it is in large part due to a lopsided understanding of what the Gospel is, means and requires. The cost, true repentance of the heart, the so called 'hard' words that the Lord did not spare, it is almost shocking to read John 6 and compare that with what is passing in our day. What it seems we have is a band-aid approach where things are patched up and glossed over at the outset and then there is all this counseling and coddling and gobs of teaching on just the most basic things of the faith.

The one thing that seems repeated in scripture either directly or by sentiment is;
[i]God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.[/i]

Have mentioned this before, but one of the more sinister and subtle ramifications of the whole of WOF prosperity teaching is that which goes behind the scene's in a mindset it can create. It can cause an underlining of thinking of being owed something, (even without that isn't a large part of it giving in expectation on a return rather than out of a grateful heart?). It's also very selfish and think a large part of modern day Christendom is creating this by dodging the cost of being a disciple from the onset, making the profound so simplistic to pronounce a benediction of salvation on anyone who utters a sentence that they have largely no idea what all it entails.

I am presently living in the middle of this right now and have been for quite some time. Have tried everything under the sun and have gotten to the point that I seriously pray over my words and even my thoughts before I speak them. For the most part have gone silent on the matter as there is a built in rebellion and backsliding towards these things ... sorry to be vague, it's been difficult. In a related matter had to rebuke a related friend and have been suffering the repercussions ever since and I knew that was a possibility. The bottom will have to drop out before this gets resolved and the only real healing will be by repentance and returning to the Lord in humility, which is not to be ashamed, it is the most beautiful thing in the world. How I wish we could somehow get that across to people.

I think your discernment is right on here sister and can understand the difficulty you mentioned in cases of the bona fide abuse. Have all the compassion in the world with this as one would be expected, but even that can be healed.

2006/1/1 21:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

crsschk,

Very thoughtful post. Sounds to me like the situation I am in must be more common then we realize.

When I think of 'abuse' victims belaboring their past, I tend to lose sympathy. (Before you think I am harsh, let me tell you one of our daughters-in-law is a victim of abuse - she was raped repeatedly by her mother's boyfriends and the system intervened where she was adopted into a Christian home.) I did not have a perfect childhood either: many had better ones then I did, and many had worse ones then I did. BUT I had the opportunity to learn about the BIBLE, went to Bible Schools ever since I could remember, etc. I was taught repentence is essential for salvation. One day as I struggled, I saw myself before the great white throne and KNEW without a doubt I could NOT use any excuses for my behavior. God would hold ME accountable for my actions and He would never allow me to blame another and have me say "I cannot help it because of what someone else did!" BECAUSE He gave us everyhing we need to live victorously over the enemy of our souls. It means a daily crucifiction of self and humbly submitting oneself to the Holy Spirit for living.

Quote:
crsschk wrote:

I am presently living in the middle of this right now and have been for quite some time. Have tried everything under the sun and have gotten to the point that I seriously pray over my words and even my thoughts before I speak them. For the most part have gone silent on the matter as there is a built in rebellion and backsliding towards these things ... ]

And so I am finding myself in exactly the same situation. It seems like I can not do anything right. She even criticizes the way I shake hands! If it would not be so serious, I could laugh my head off! But sometimes I wonder why I care at all? I am tempted to not even care anymore because you cannot help a person who is fighting God and taking it out on you! This is what I am convinced is going on. So I still pray if for no other season to help keep a proper perspective of my own life. And she has a soul that needs redeeming, so I must care and need to pray for her. Having shared my struggle with you all has really strengthen me where I can now say I will not allow her to rob me of the joy of life I had before she started attacking me. Obviously, someone has been praying, to them I humbly thank-you!

ginnyrose

2006/1/2 22:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy