SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : More Derek Prince added...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 More Derek Prince added...

I just added another 25+ derek prince messages onto SermonIndex. There seem like some great titles.

go here to view his sermons: Derek Prince

I listened to the following sermon and was very blessed:

[b]Intercession - Part 1[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=10689

[b]Intercession - Part 2[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=10690

enjoy.

2005/12/30 18:42Profile
Widholm

Re: More Derek Prince added...

Hello!
Pleas more of Derk Prince.
He got the Keys from God.

Nina Widholm

2006/4/16 6:10Profile

Re:

I'm only posting this as a concern and hope that others won't take his teachings to extremes they have been in most circles.

He taught (he died in 9/03 as did Hagin) generational curses, curses, and very strange things on demonology.

From a promotional of his last book. "Blessings or Curses"
"Are you continually frustrated by sickness, financial pressure, strained relationships? Or perhaps accidents happen to you and your family with perplexing regularity? Derek Prince suggests that there are two forces at work in every life, Blessings and Curses. One is beneficial, the other is harmful. To enjoy the benefits of God's blessings and be protected from curses, we need to understand how these forces work. Derek draws on real-life experiences of people who dealt with curses, some of which originated in a previous generation. He shows you how to recognize a curse at work and to find release in God's blessings!"

From his other book ... They shall expell demons...

(1) Demons. Prince’s teaching on Christian living lays 'great stress' upon the reality of spiritual warfare. Prince believed that demonic oppression constitutes a major deterrent to spiritual victory. According to Prince, believers must learn to directly combat Satan and his demonic hordes through 'positive confession' and 'exorcism'. His explanations of how to become proficient in battling Satan are put forth in his book, They Shall Expel Demons.

(2) Generational Curses. Prince taught that a believer can experience prolonged spiritual defeat through being subjected (often unwittingly) to a “curse.” Such a curse may be a generational matter, incurred through no fault of the believer. Prince maintains that there are seven indications that one is suffering from a curse: experience of mental/ emotional breakdowns, chronic sickness, barrenness/ miscarriage, marital and family problems, continued financial insufficiency, being accident prone, and a [family] history of suicide and unnatural or untimely deaths. The likelihood that one is suffering from a “curse” is roughly proportionate to the number of “indications” which apply to the individual. Prince and other proponents of the “generational curse” doctrine appeal to Deuteronomy 28, where Moses presents Israel with the alternatives of blessings or curses, the former being predicated upon obedience to the Lord, the latter upon disobedience. Those who criticize Prince’s application of this passage point out that the context of Deuteronomy and the subsequent books of the Bible (Joshua--2 Kings; referred to by scholars as the “Deuteronomic History”) indicates that Deuteronomy 28 is addressed specifically to the nation of Israel and that the curses predicted there were historically realized in the history of that nation due to her disobedience (cf., Deuteronomy 29:22-28). In other words, this passage, contra Prince and others, does not teach that generational curses apply to individual believers today.

A long prayer starts every line with - "· I renounce for myself and my ancestors" .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We can "renounce" anything that we've been a part in without God's Word sanctioning it, but to renounce for your ancestors ?

I've watched as Christians have taken his teachings and blamed all of their temptations and sins and problems on either demons or generational or other "Curses".

Just a word of caution. He was big back in '76 when I got saved and his book with Pigs in the Parlor (which discussed "the spirit of stinky rug" back then .... may since have been heavily edited ?) started big "deliverance ministries" that cast demons out of Christians and some march around towns doing the same.

Just use God's Word on these issues.

Thanks.

2006/4/16 13:23
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Yes, I agree there are alot of concerns with facets of his teachings especially later into his ministry, but overall to pick the good from the bad is a worth while venture, there is much to learn from this bible teacher.

2006/4/16 15:52Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
there is much to learn from this bible teacher.

Indeed, his teachings on the foundational doctrines of Hebrews 6 is brilliant. I remember listening to it and thinking that if what he taught is considered foundational then I really need to have a good look at the foundations.

2006/4/16 17:08Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: South Africa replies

Hi ZekeO,
Tis good to be back on thread again. Yeah, Prince preaches magnificently on the cross.

1. The Cross in my life
and,
2. The Cross at the centre

I have watched some of his last sermons and they brough tears to my eyes as he clearly was so frail that he big hands were shaking like a leaf... I have a copy of his last book...titled

The End of Life's Journey (Sharing Christ's Victory over Death)...wow! what a way to go out.

I agree, that there are things in nearly every ministry that should send us hobbeling back to the Scriptures, the source of ALL truth.

Nuff sed, off to bed. Peace.

2006/4/27 20:20Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Mp3 player is gonna be smokin'

Thanks Greg, for doing this. I have just examined the list of sermons you have loaded up, and I have to say there are a few that I am going to download for my new mp3 player which will be arriving with my lady in about 2 and half weeks. Praise God, it can take a mean gig. For me personally the one's on Prayer are going to be great, and the one's on Praise. My son has been ministering to me about Praise and sent me something by Jonathan Edwards...I never imagined him as a Praiser... :-D

Are you going to get some stuff by Merlin Carothers ?

2006/4/27 20:29Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: 1976 - Twins

Quote:
Just a word of caution. He was big back in '76 when I got saved

He 'MeAgain', you were saved in 1976. That makes us twins. I was saved in '76 as well. Jesus saved me whilst I was serving a minor sentence in the South African Navy. I must say I never quite got into Prince, though he certainly was the used mightily by Jesus in the ministry.

I listened to quite a bit of his stuff because a friend of mine was completely into his ministry...He has the entire tape collection. Well, Prince acknowledged the errors that were made in the early years, and went on to explain that in the beginning he was casting out demons of smoking and drinking etc...only to find people going back to their vices. He then explained how he had come to understand that the read demons were things like resentment, bitterness, hatred, lies etc...(I might not be perfectly repeating what he said, but he admitted that he had learned a lot of stuff by trial and error)...the truth is that there were not many real solid induviduals doing what he was, and he has certainly laid some really solid teaching for others to go and learn and minister into the lives of those who are troubled by demonic possession...

We are certainly going to learn a tremendous amount about real prayer and spiritual warfare from Derek Prince, but only as much as he stays in line with what is written in the word of God, no matter how find a preacher may be, in the end we are to look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

I recall actually telling my friend that very thing. Obsessing over one persons knowledge can bring one into a position where we are not longer getting our meals from the Scripture...the big meals can cause one indigestion...Christ after all is our ALL sufficiency..Amen !

2006/4/27 20:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy