SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

yes it has been talked about as many older members know but then praise the lord we also now have new members, who want answers.

2005/12/29 19:55Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Here is a quote from a pastor I know:

I don't believe in women preachers. I don't believe in men preachers. I believe in the Holy Ghost preaching through willing vessels.

2005/12/29 22:00Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

1 Cor 14:

34] Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
[35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The wife should be silent in such cases where she has a godly husband who can answer what she wants to find out. Women should be quiet concerning the 'voice of the church' so to speak. I don't think this is saying that it is a sin for a woman to make a vocal sound on the church property, but rather that she is not to have a voice in church government.

1 Tim 2:

[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I would say that the woman Christian is free to do anything in service to God as long as she does not take a position in authority or teaching over a man.

NOW, does the church I attend abide by this, or does my wife abide by this: NO. If I felt that God wanted me to leave my church because of this, I would. I trust that if revival comes to our church, the Spirit will bring correction, and will guide us in ALL truth.

These verses are some of the many that it seems some try to explain away or re-interpret, where I see them just as Redpath saw some other verses and said, "I think it means just what it says."

2005/12/29 23:54Profile

Re:

Frank Bartleman talked about how these big time preachers walked into the Azusa Street mission thinking they were going to preach a sermon and found out when they walked through the door they couldn't even stand up.
Sure,you can preach all you want as long as God is not there.Ive been in meetings when God IS there and FEW words are spoken.There is no need to speak when the presence of God is in the room.You can't speak because the presence of God is so strong.There is no pride or decorum.People do laugh in the spirit.The joy of the Lord floods your soul.All of your problems seem ridiculous and it makes you laugh.Thats why people laugh.You can walk in with all of your burdens and when the Holy Ghost comes and the joy of the Lord floods your soul all your problems fade away in the light of His glory!You'll laugh over the wicked too.You'll be thinking why was I ever worried about that for???Than the Holy Ghost will come and there you'll be rolling on the floor!
Who cares about preaching when God is there.Are we going to preach at the Judgement Seat of Christ? When God is there it feels like the Judgement Seat of Christ. The fear of God is so strong.What are you going to say? "Excuse me but I would like to say something God???"

2005/12/30 8:31
roadsign

Re: What do we mean: PREACH

It seems like we're wandering all over the place on this topic - inserting a variety of subjective comments. We are mixing this in with church authority/order, and all kinds of other stuff, (at least that's the way I see it.)

Can anyone define "PREACH", according to its use in scripture?

What did Jesus mean when he said, "The gospel must be preached to all nations."Mk. 13:10
Who did he expect would do this?

"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things." Rom. 15:15

Whose feet?

Diane

2005/12/30 10:40Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

Well put, Di.

Any of you ladies wear headgear at church?

Agree that authority over a man is risky business for a woman. but preaching the Gospel out of love is fitting, even in a church building.

Just be women, even weaker vessels, and His Spirit will guide and reprove. Men are who are told to love their wives as Christ loved the church; correct me if I err, but I do not remember women being told to love their husbands anywhere.

We need you! :-?

2005/12/30 10:54Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Rebecca can you clarify what you meant by sying this, "You'll laugh over the wicked too.You'll be thinking why was I ever worried about that for???"

Thanks

2005/12/30 11:31Profile

Re:

This is how I experienced it:I walked into a meeting full of burdens and all the sudden the presence of God began to fill the room in the meeting and my troubles seem so small.Than all of a sudden the spirit of God began filling me with peace and than the peace turned into joy and than I began to laugh.The point at which I began to laugh was when I started thinking about the burdens I had when I got there and than everything seemed so minuscule that it just makes you laugh.Its nothing that you do on your own except yeild to it.When the joy begins to fill you to overflowing that joy turns into laughter.Its like going to the Grand Canyon times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,....(referring to everything seeming so minuscule)

2005/12/30 11:45
myfirstLove

Re:

hey all,

rebecca,

i don't know about asuza street, but according to the bible, the men who was in God's presence did not roll on the floor laughing, but was in fear in trembling

Isaiah 6:5 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)

one of many examples:
5 So I said:

“ Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts.”

mloaks,
you said you don't remember the bible saying for women to love husband. check out titus.

Titus 2:4 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)

4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,

2005/12/30 12:05Profile

Re:

Psalm 126:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion,we were like them that dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for us;whereof we are glad.
Turn again our captivity, O Lord,as the streams in the south.
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weaping,bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,bringing his sheaves with him.

From what I've read their was Holy Ghost laughter at Azusa Street:

www.christianword.org/revival/azusa.html

Since we got off topic I put my reply about holy laughter in "Laughing in Downtown Toronto..."
Sorry we got off topic,my fault.

2005/12/30 12:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy