SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Issue No. 5 released of "The Old Paths"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Issue No. 5 released of "The Old Paths"

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/promo_oldpaths.gif[/img]

Download the latest issue here, It is aprox 1.0mb large pdf document.

I would love to get some feedback on what people think. Do print it out and make copies for others.

2005/12/28 21:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Issue No. 5 released of "The Old Paths"

Here is one of the quotes from the last page of the old paths publication that I have been thinking on:

[b]"Victory is the normal experience of a Christian; defeat should be the abnormal experience."[/b]
-Watchman Nee

2005/12/28 23:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just wanted to get this out there again. I won't be sending the email newsletter until january to announce this release. enjoy.

2005/12/29 22:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"with complete consecration comes perfect peace."
-watchman nee

Has anyone had a chance to view this issue of the Old Paths, comments would be appreciated and things that blessed you.

2005/12/31 13:54Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Old Paths 5

Dear brother,

I printed the newsletter and read it on New Year's Eve, while sitting near to a fire.

The value of this ministry has been brought to mind again. The necessity to keep you in prayer also. Let me first of all share some words that touched me:

"If the coming of the Spirit didn'revolutionize your prayer life, you'd better check on it. I'm not so sure you got what God wanted you to get."
(Why We Don't Have Revival - Ravenhill)

"The more self-confidence you have, the less you pray. The less self-confidence you have, the more you have to pray."
(Why We Don't Have Revival - Ravenhill)

"The very life of Christ has been put within us, and is moving with us a perfect life. May the Lord help us to see the power of this life."
(Life In The Spirit - Wigglesworth)

"In the life of the Spirit God undertakes to do what we cannot do."
(Life In The Spirit - Wigglesworth)

[b]"Perfect obedience would be perfect happiness, if only we had perfect confidence in the power we were obeying."[/b]
(The Joy of Obedience - Whitall Smith)

"Your love and devotion are His precious reward for all He has done for you. It is unspeakably sweet to Him. Do not be afraid, then, to let yourself go in wholehearted devotion to the Lord. Others may not approve, but He will."
(The Joy of Obedience - Whitall Smith)

"We talk of the second coming, half of the world has never heard of the first."
(Quotes - Smith)

"Christ is the Son of God. He died to atone for men's sin, and after three days rose again. This is the most important fact in the universe. I die believing in Christ."
(Quotes - Watchman Nee, note found under his pillow, in prison, at his death)

"The sight of any trouble strikes terror into the heart of those who do not have faith, but those who trust Him say, 'Here comes my food!'"
(Quotes - Watchman Nee)

It was wonderful to read all of this. The question will always remain: with what will we feed ourselves? For what we eat will fix our taste and preferences.

May the Lord keep you close to Him, Greg, as He continues to use you for the proclamation of His glorious, holy and beautiful name.

Your brother,

Paul

2006/1/1 10:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I printed the newsletter and read it on New Year's Eve, while sitting near to a fire.

After reading your post I can't but think of the words from the hymn: "My heart was strangely warmed" and "their hearts burned within them." Brother your words are a great encouragement, these Old Paths editions are a blessing to me as much as anyone else. Oh to sit beside these old divines and to think on their vision of Christ and the depths of His love what a privildge we have in this generation.

2006/1/1 13:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am just making 100 copies of this newsletter to offer freely to the churche that me and Jesse Morrell will be speaking at in this upcoming month in Maryland and Missouri. As I am printing these out I am thinking of all the lifes that are going to be blessed and touched. If you have an printer why not pray about using it to print out 50-100 old paths to hand out to christians and your church.

2006/1/2 10:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It has been awesome to hear of how some people have been blessed by this current issue. Do make copies for others and yourself.

2006/1/14 22:13Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: Issue No. 5 released of "The Old Paths"

The Joy of Obedience was an awesome article...thank you for including it. This discipline has always been dear to my heart and it was truly encouraging to feel that I am wlking in the footstep of the saints and continuing on the right path.

As soon as I get it, I forward the Newsletter.pdf to all of the leadership team at the church and print 10 copies to leave at the welcome center for the interested to read.

God bless you and your efforts! They are making a difference. It blesses me and pleases the Lord to hear Spurgeon, Tozer and Ravenhill quotes being used by the shepherds to encourage the flock; To stop banking their ardor for their saviour and fire up their faith and put it into practice throughout the week and to call them to preach the gospel with their lives to return the lost, inside and outside the church, to their shepherd.

2006/2/1 8:37Profile

Re: It's a blessing!

The January issue of Old Paths was a great blessing. I enjoyed the article by Stephen Olford, The Hour of Desperation ("Revival is ultimately Christ Himself, seen, felt, heard, living, active, moving in and through His body on earth."). Leonard Ravenhill's article, Why We Don't Have Revival needs to be read over and over again!
I printed out eight copies and gave them to friends at church. One lady in particular has been greatly blessed. The newsletter has introduced Leonard Ravenhill to her I think. :-)
I call "The Old Paths" a shorter version of Herald of His Coming (published out of Indiana, www.heraldofhiscoming.com). :-) Both are powerful reading material. "The Old Paths" is more in bitesize pieces though!

I am looking forward to the next issue.
Praying God's guidance for you (sermonindex) and this ministry,

~Joy

2006/2/8 14:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy