· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Sow in tears

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Sow in tears

[b]Sow in tears[/b]

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalm 126:5.

There is no room for pride as we seek God for revival. All we can do is humble ourselves before the Mighty One and cry out for His mercy.

Great names mean nothing in prayer for revival. Look at Evan Roberts, he was a no-body by mans standards, yet he was the only one God could find who was ready to be used in revival.

It is up to us now, as individuals, small groups or churches, to seek the Lord while He may be found. The promise is sure, if we sow in tears as we pray for revival, later we shall reap in joy as we see His Spirit poured out on all flesh.

Now is the time for us to put our words into actions. We have talked about prayer for revival for decades, now let us be true to everything we have said.

May eternity and church historians judge our generation as faithful to our calling to pray for and embrace revival?

2005/12/28 19:40Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: Sow in tears

Psalm 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

2005/12/28 20:12Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Isaiah 32:20 Blessed are ye that sow beside all waters, that send forth thither the feet of the ox and the ass.

2005/12/28 20:21Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Isaiah 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench:

Isaiah 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

I believe the sowing that is being spoken of is pertaining to the word of God being sowed. I have never thought of it as sowing for revival. But now that you mentioned it, it could also be for revival.

One thing I know is how could God send a revival without tears being sowed!

2005/12/28 20:39Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Psalm 119:136 Rivers of waters run down my eyes, because they keep not your law

2005/12/29 10:59Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Mark 9:24
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

2005/12/29 19:20Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

2005/12/30 9:52Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Lamentations 2:18
Their heart cried unto the LORD, O wall of the daughter of Zion, let tears run down like a river day and night: give thyself no rest; let not the apple of thine eye cease.

2005/12/31 10:25Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

2 Kings 20:5
Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.

Isaiah 38:5
Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

2006/1/1 17:05Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Hebrews 5:7
Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

2006/1/2 15:35Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy