SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

One thing about deceit... it is always shrouded in a whole lot of truth. Otherwise anyone could look at it and see it for what it is.

A lot of what Benny Hinn says is truth, it's the lies and false doctrine that is couched in between the truths that a lot of people dont pay attention too.

I personally have not read this book. I dont need to. From the reviews I've read about it seems to me that the main premise is that God's Word is incomplete, not sufficient, and need the help of the author.

I dont believe for a second that this person was taken to heaven. I will not say that God hasnt done that with people because I dont know if He has or not. However, of the books I've read about these types of experiences, all of them seem suspect to me, and seem to ignore certain parts of scripture concerning the character of God.

People are saved thru the preaching of the [b]Word of God[/b], coupled by the drawing of the Holy Spirit. Anyone who claims they were saved thru any other way other than the Word and the Holy Spirit I am suspicious of. This is the means by which God has chosen to bring people to salvation for 2,000 years, and I dont believe He has all of a sudden begun to do it differently.

We are not saved thru tithing, or by any other human effort. Obedience is a result of salvation. Obedience does not bring about salvation. If someone is not obedient to scripture, then more than likely they are not saved.

Tithing is part of the Law, and the Law was fulfilled by Christ. If one thinks that tithing is for the NT believer, then so is the rest of the Law. Stop eating bacon!

Krispy

2007/7/12 12:41

Re:Heaven

Welcome back Krispy Brother.

We were worried about you, thinking you may have gone there yourself without us.

Leaving "us behind".

Glad you're alright and still stuck here with the rest of us gravity bound folks.

Hope all is well with y'all. 8-)

2007/7/12 12:54
amaomayowa

Nigeria

Re: Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

Excuse me,sir. Don't be deceived, God is not mocked,he who sows to the flesh shall reap corruption, and he who sows to the spirit everlasting life. You don't have the slightest idea how heaven is like, yet you refuse evidences, did John describe the environment to you, no? So, believe me, when you get there you shan't go past your living room. Peace!

2008/3/26 6:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Heaven is real

Hello amaomayowa,

Welcome to SermonIndex. Hope you find much to deepen your faith, there are untold riches in these resources here.

Saw your other post in this regard and it can take some time to get used to the site, use the "Reply" button as you did here to respond to an ongoing thread. Let us know if we can be of any assistance to help navigate the site.

Regarding this post, do take note that it is close to a year old now, just as well don't mistake genuine concern for extra biblical revelations as something to be wholly discarded.

1Th 5:21, 1Jn 4:1, Act 17:11,

2008/3/26 7:04Profile

Re: Heaven is real

Quote:
Regarding this post, do take note that it is close to a year old now...

Amen. I was scrolling thru and saw one of my posts and completely did not even remember ever responding to this.

However, if I was to respond today I would write exactly the same thing.

Krispy

2008/3/26 7:46

Re: Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

I wish you would have included a couple of more doctrinal quips; the "tithing to enter heaven" one was enough, and evidently, if commissioned by God, then we need to sound an alarm to Tyndale, and get this holy appendix published! For all the world! every believer to come! The Rev. 2, by choo.

Oh, but that would be adding to the Revelation, wouldn't it?

There are real visions and dreams, that edify the body though, and Satan has time on his hands to confuse the true with the false.[" I will pour out my Spirit on all peoples, and your young men SHALL see visions, and your old men dreams". The Devil wants God's people to reject all of the supernatural holy gifts by melding them with deceivers. tom

2008/3/28 10:52
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

I've not read this book, but I have seen a video of it with her testimony. I believe God can give people visions, but I tend to be wary of these things so I just kinda thought, 'Hmm. that's interesting' and forgot about it until I saw this thread.

I agree with this statement below.

Quote:
The Devil wants God's people to reject all of the supernatural holy gifts by melding them with deceivers. tom

2008/3/28 11:51Profile
Ema

Re:

On tithing;
About a year ago I would have agreed with you, but recently I came to understand something more about tithing...
Though nothing can add or take away from God. It gives God back what is already His -as a token of graditute. Done without caring that will be rewarded. Like a child who gives you a flower from your Garden. Or does his or her chores without any complaints. Its about laying your needs down and putting other people in front of you first. Not giving away at least a tenth of your firstfruits is rather self seeking. Nothing unclean enters heaven. That includes people who cannot let go of the things that pass and putting effort to invest in things that Do last. Its more about sacrifice than money.

Giving, trusting, hoping, enduring, and more... despite the odds. (Funny how I always end up refering to 1 cor 13 :-) ) If Jesus went down to the depths of hell for us, why can't we sacrifice a little bit for His kingdoms' growth?

2008/6/9 4:42Profile
Ema

Re:

On Christmas;
Heaven Is So Real and the part where Jesus is wearing a festive outfit and says that its his Birthday... I don't think it matters what exactly the day His birthday is... I hardly know anyone who celebrates their own birtday on the exact date... Dec 25 is the currently set date in which we choose to remember and celebrate Jesus' birth. Why shouldn't the Angels and Jesus celebrate right along? That day there are many churches that have all the pews full, caroling people on the streets, and many ministries sharing the good news with thousands of people...

2008/6/9 4:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I have not read the book, I only heard about it from these posts.

John and prophets saw visions and they were authorized write them down and they were included in the sriptures. They suffered a great deal and made no profit from selling their books. The canon of scripture is closed now and will be kept closed.
Paul had been in heaven or had visions about the heavens and did not go into great detail or expound on it a lot. He saw unspeakable things that are inappropriate for mortals to talk about so he kept silent about it. If Paul has this humble attitude why then does Cho Thomas feel she owes it to the rest of Christendom to tell us about her visions in great detail?

Colossians 2:18
Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions.

narrowpath

2008/6/9 13:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy