SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
pekay

Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

If the book is based on reality then Choo Thomas
has had more visitations from the Lord than all the Biblical characters put together. This person who constantly refers to herself as being
called by the Lord "my very special daughter" has either been terribly deceived, or has an incredibly enlarged ego.

It should be obvious to all Bible students that when we read such passages as the Lord saying,
"I want you to write a book. This is an important book for the last days, and
it will be translated into many languages" we are encountering error.

Every book in the Bible is there because it is inspired by God. There are
no other divinely inspired books apart from the Bible, and there is a serious warning
for any who would dare to add to the inspired Word of God. The Book of
Revelation, which gives us all we need to know about the end times, warns
us against any that would add to the sacred record, "If anyone adds to these
things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book." Rev.22:18.

There are many things in the book I find highly questionable, such as the "out-of-
body"/"new body" experiences in abundance, the Lord constantly being depicted
as angry and harsh, the fear manipulation, unbiblical teachings such as tithing
being required to enter the kingdom, etc. But my major concern is this: Do we need a person to be taken into heaven and receive many experiences and messages. This could mean only one of two
things:
1) Either we don't already believe what the Bible is teaching about these themes, which makes us unbelievers, or
2) She is teaching things that are not even in the Bible, and have to be taken
as highly suspect.

Jesus told a parable about the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man, who went
to hell pleaded with Abraham to send him back to earth to warn his relatives that
the place is real, so that they would avoid going there. The reply was,
"They have Moses and the Prophets (i.e. the scriptures); let them hear them."
(Lk.16:19-31).

2005/12/28 6:24Profile
Marieke

Re: Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

Well, this is the 3rd topic about this book :-D It keeps people busy :-)

I have read it and there are not really things that I say they are against the bible. What you said about tithing...I understand what you mean but isn't the tithing part of an obeying relationship with the Lord? The one thing that has come clear to me in the book is that obedience is very important. It's not enough to go to your church on Sundays and that's it.

Believing in Him is taken your cross and go after Him day after day after day...

With some things I have my doubts, but does my doubt mean it's not true? In my opinion Choo doesn't add anything to the bible. Maybe she is more specific than John did, in seeying heaven, but it's quite simular to me.

And that body/out/in story, well, John himself also said that that's something strange. He didn't know he was in his body of out of his body. I think it's not so important, do you?

To me the message is clear: The Lord is coming soon and we have to go back to our 1st love, and not be lukewarm but hot, hot from desire for Him!

Marieke

Ps: what's important to me is that Choo makes Jesus the central part for being rescued. She doesn't point at herself as though she could save you, no no, she's very clear that Jesus is the one and only way to the Holy Father!

2005/12/28 6:58Profile
Bethann

Re: Heaven Is So Real - But What About the Book?

I have been reading 'Heaven is so Real', Pekay, and I too am deeply concerned about a number of aspects.
Firstly, Choo Thomas suggests that salvation is something we have to keep earning by adhering to O.T. practices such as tithing, rather than the generous spirit of giving advocated by Jesus and Paul in the N.T. This sounds almost like the teaching of some sects. We are saved by grace alone, through faith, which gives us the freedom to become like Christ as His Spirit indwells us.

Secondly, I believe the book would discourage, even devastate, many young Christians who have not had any visions of Jesus or similar experiences by making them feel less 'special' to Jesus than Choo Thomas. The author repeatedly suggests she is reliant on such supernatural experiences. By contrast, Jesus said to Thomas, "Because you have seen me you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Thirdly, Choo Thomas states that H.I.S.R. is "our Lord's end-time book". Yet God says His Word, the Bible, is all-sufficient for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Tim 3:16)and that we must not add to it in any way (Rev. 22:18-19). Surely we must ask ourselves, Is there not a problem when a book such as this makes such astounding claims re salvation which are not consistent with Scripture, and even tells us that Jesus has repeatedly said these things to Choo Thomas, giving them the same authority as the Word of God? Perhaps we need to heed Paul's words in Galatians 1:6-9.

On the other hand, every Christian would do well to heed the urgency of Jesus words: "I am coming soon". I know for my part I have been greatly burdened for the souls of my relatives who still do not know Christ. So let's pray and share the gospel as never before ... so that we can truly say, "Come, Lord Jesus!" :-)

2005/12/28 10:29Profile

Re: Why do we need "Heaven is Real"?

Does this book mean that the Bible is in itself insufficient to warn/teach us about the afterlife? Do we have to add to the Word of God and does this not weaken the Scriptures that are indeed perfect? Did God make a mistake by not giving such "revelations" earlier in time so that we might be in the know? What about the people who died before this book was ever written? Is God backsliding? Flatly, no! On the contrary, such books remind me of the human temptation to overachieve and do those "greater works" for the Lord; to take everything in our own hands and show Him how worthy we are to get His salvation.

Jesus said, "Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and [u]the time draweth near[/u]: go ye [u]not[/u] therefore after them." (Lk.21:8)

Often we want to do too much for God, as if to impress Him, to show Him our worth. We forget that we cannot do anything apart from Him (Jn.15:5). The echo of those "greater works" deadens His voice and distorts our calling. Then attempting (however benign the intent) to reach millions is no obedience if God is, in fact, telling us to warn one lost soul. Sometimes we do various seemingly godly things trying to simulate obedience and godliness. However, Christ simply said, "Come, follow me, and [u]I[/u] (no one else) will make you fishers of men" (Mt.4:19).

In Christ,
Slav

[i][size=xx-small]"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)[/size][/i]

2005/12/29 2:03
pekay

Re:

I agree. I know that Choo Thomas says many things that line up with Scripture (thought not everything she says does), but the main point is this: If we begin to accept the need for revelations additional to the Word of God then we open the floodgates of deception into our lives. God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths. It is totally sufficient to guide our lives throughout our entire passage here on earth. The central message of God's Word is that salvation is to be found in His Son. We are called to look away from ourselves and put our trust in Him and we can have complete assurance of salvation. Choo Tomas's book, like all legalism, seems to pull away from the Cross and get our focus back onto ourselves. The great reality that makes Christianity unique is the grace of God. Legalism is about what we try to do for God; Grace is what He has done for us. Remember, He said, "It is finished!"

2005/12/29 6:45Profile
roadsign

Re: Deception

Quote:
Thomas says many things that line up with Scripture (thought not everything she says does),

I've heard it said that deception rides on the back of truth.

Diane

2005/12/29 6:59Profile
Vads

Re: Comment by Pekay

Pekay,
I have been a Christian for many years and like you, believe that the Bible is sufficient to lead us to Christ. Choo Thomaas is not the only one that has been said to be instructed by the Lord to write a book. These books have helped others to understand scripture more clearly. One critic admonished us to "...try every spirit..." This is important; always referring to the Bible as our frame of reference. I for one believe that tithing is biblical: Read especially Malachi 3: 8-11, the last book in the O/T. This was also mentioned in Genesis with Abraham giving tithes to Melchisedec, a prefiguring of Jesus Christ who now lives, delegating His authority to his servants e.g. pastors.
Yes, salvation is by grace, but it is only the beginning. Paul warned us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. The Bible further reminds us in 11Cor.1:10 " We are saved, we are being saved and shall be saved." What does this mean? The Sirit is saved at conversion, the soul is being saved and finally the flesh will be saved. Read Roman's 8 carefully.
I appreciated Choo's book: Heaven is so real, because she is urging us to become hot for Christ! Jesus himself was accused of operating by the power of Satan and he responded by saying that "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Why would Satan therefore, minister to Choo Thomas in a way that causes her to win souls for Christ? I have tried Choo's spirit, and found her to be an anointed servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and my daughter and I pray for her often. You should do the same.

2007/5/11 17:19Profile
Vads

Re:

What for example does not line up with scripture? Choo is not asking anyone to do anything unscriptural. If everyone who has read the book, "Heaven is so real" would go out and evangelize, winning souls to Christ, would that not be scriptural? Although I have been a Christian for many years, Choo's advice regarding prayers caused me to brush up on my prayers. As for legalism, too many Christians mouth the word, go to church on Sundays and hardly that. They compromise with the world, and are quick to stunt Christian growth. In the book of Revelation we read: "You are neither hot nor cold, if you are neither hot nor cold, I will spew(vomit) you out of my mouth." Let's be contageous Christians, rather than legally cold, putting God in a box.

2007/5/11 20:16Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Hello,

i have recently read that book and there are many things that are deeply troubling me.

Just one example, I am paraphrasing from the german book page 254:

"The Lord is very unhappy about Christians that don't tithe. The Lord showed me very clearly, that everybody who is not tithing will not see his face, because he loves money more than Him."

This is one example of many many strange und unscriptural things.

Well, I am all for encouraging and exhortating, but to make something that is not even taught in the New Testament a requirement to see his face...well..judge yourself.

I have found that this book very subtly creates condemnation and not conviction and I was deeply troubled in my spirit while reading it.

But that are just my 2 cents...

2007/5/12 10:10Profile
Guileless1

Re: Heaven Is real - I'm not sure about the book!

Totally agree with Roadsign and what's more:

So Jesus said "It's my birthday" on Christmas day! Where is that said in ANY translation of the Bible? (Though many choose to celebrate the birth of Jesus on that date, December 25th is the winter solstice - the pagans birthday of the sun) Then Jesus comes back on New Years day wearing the same "special crown and gown". What has New years day got to do with ANYTHING?
Much of what she depicts implies a "purgatory" of some sort. (eg the "Two valleys" she writes about). Where is that in scripture??

I think we need to pray for her to see the truth and for us to be protected against a spirit of division.

2007/7/12 11:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy