SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Brownsville, Heretics, and Apologies...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Brownsville, Heretics, and Apologies...

Greetings brothers and sisters,
I just wanted to apologize for my harsh tone and aggressive words in my former post, "Brownsville heretics, etc...". I must chime in with "SJ" and say that hearing people ridicule leaders and experiences which took place at Brownsville may not offend you but to one who was there and tasted of the Glory of God, it is insulting. I do apologize - my post was written very quickly without consulting the Lord or others. It was very unwise and my only objective was to defend my position. It was very selfish and the accusatory statements directed at dear and precious brothers and sisters in the Lord were completely uncalled for. The good thing about speaking unwise words is that they eventually disappear - the bad thing about typing unwise words is that they are there for people to access for months! My apologies - my position remains the same but my attitude has not! I certainly throw in a hearty "AMEN" with tacklebox and say whether Brownsville was real or not is not the issue today! The issue is that we need a move of God here and now! I had meditated earlier this month on John 11 and the response of Martha to Jesus desire to raise her brother from the dead.
"Lord if you had been here my brother would not have died."
in other words she had a revelation of the God who acted yesterday, the God who WAS.
"Your brother will rise again"
"Yes Lord I know he will rise again in the resurection"
again here view of God was regulated to historical time slots! She believe Jesus "Could have" done it, and she believe he "One day" would. But as for today - that was just to far fetched! I love Jesus reply!
"I am the ressurection!"
I'm afraid many a'Christian has regulated revival to yesterday, or to the great coming revival which is years in the future always! No matter how many years pass we are always years from it! I believe God would say to us all,
"I am Revival!" It's not an event, it's a person whose name is Jesus! Praise God! Let us go into this year not squabbling about the past (like I should talk, right?) or dreaming about some day in the sweet by and by - let us shake off our dust - and let Christ in us explode throughout the church and the world! The fields have never been more white - the Lord of the harvest has never been calling louder - the opportunity has never been as great! Finney once said, "God is one pent-up revival!" In other words God is ready and willing to pour out His Spirit wherever individuals are willing to get violent enough in prayer to have it! Lets Have it brothers and sisters!
Burning and Apologetic,
Jeff

2005/12/27 12:01Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Brownsville, Heretics, and Apologies...

yes a better year then one past. pray people are better for haveing known us. thinking before speaking, for from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.I pray that the abundance in our hearts is the word of trueth. that we let our lights shine before man and not be found wanting in the sight of God of Heaven and of Earth.

2005/12/27 13:29Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Amen and Amen!

2005/12/27 18:17Profile
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

Re: Brownsville, Heretics, and Apologies...

Quote:
Let us go into this year not squabbling about the past (like I should talk, right?) or dreaming about some day in the sweet by and by

Hi Jeff
I haven't contributed to this disscussion but have viewed it and for what its worth I just wanted to say God bless you for how you've ended the debate.
A man in his early 70's who occassionally attends our assembly recently testified that his whole life had been spent looking to the "Future" revival and what God was going to do in the future - he now feels that he's missed out - I don't want to have the same testimony!

I know that I'm challenged that as another year unfolds its not enough to know whats wrong in the church or what's right or what's past but I must see the life of Christ reproduced in me today!
May it burn in our hearts to see the church vibrant again with the life of Christ as it was in the book of Acts - which is a sure blueprint for a church in Revival. The dead raised, the lame walked and Christ revealed!

2005/12/27 18:25Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

All I can say to that is, "Come 'On!" Or for the more traditional saint "Amen"!
Burning,
Jeff

2005/12/28 15:52Profile
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

Re: Amen

Jeff I would love to be in the "Come On!" gang..... probably more in the "Amen Corner" truth be told either way be blessed and stay burning!

2005/12/28 18:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy