SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good news only forum.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Good news only forum.

Sure would be nice if we had an edifying, uplifting, "good news" only forum here, I believe I could live in there, yes I know some folks are called to be watchdogs for all the bad and hey I totally believe if that is what you are called to do God's speed to you, but at least with another forum with just "good news" the folks that just wanted to hear the good news would then have a choice. One recent post here really tore me up with all the stones thrown and the was "Popular TV preachers" "just one example" see I would not have ever saw that because I would have been hanging out in the good news forum. Just a thought and if it don't happen, I will still visit here just thought it might be nice to have that particular option. :-)

2005/12/26 14:44Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Good news only forum.

Brother,

I don't think all the discussion threads are bad news. But it is the times that we live in that there are many things that are going admiss and to live in an place sheltered from that reality would not be good. As Ravenhill said its time to be serious about the most serious thing in the world the birth of souls at the altar. Seriousness is the need of the times. We have to stop playing games in Christianity.

A place on the site for prayer requests and also testimonies and praise reports is here: Miricales that follow the plow.

2005/12/26 16:47Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

If we had a forum where we only discussed the "good news" (i.e. the Gospel), I would enjoy that immensely. The opportunity to personally share what Jesus is doing in in our hearts and our lives to conform ourselves to His image that would be a marvelous place to share.

As far as this world, everything is going to pass away so I pray that the Lord detaches me from everything that is not of Him. (Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.)

2005/12/26 17:07Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If we had a forum where we only discussed the "good news" (i.e. the Gospel), I would enjoy that immensely. The opportunity to personally share what Jesus is doing in in our hearts and our lives to conform ourselves to His image that would be a marvelous place to share.

Agreed, I think the "miricales that follow the plow" section would be best for this.

2005/12/26 17:09Profile
roadsign

Re: Examine the purpose of bad news

Quote:
some folks are called to be watchdogs for all the bad

I think you raise a legitimate concern. Sometimes we are drawn to the bad things about OTHERS, because it makes us feel a bit better about ourselves. (I thank God, I'm not like THEM).

Or maybe some may gain some slight satisfaction from all the "National Inquirer" type of news.

A good example in scripture is:
'Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galilean whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices." Lk 13:1

Jesus didn't really need to know this. However, Jesus was shrewd. He didn't talk about the evil Pilate. Instead he used the moment as an opportunity to point to the heart of the "news reporters" in order to bring repentance:
"Unless you repent, you too will perish."

The Bible is full of gruesome information, but there was always a goal: to lead the readers towards repentance and spiritual growth. It is up to the readers how they respond.

I must admit that most of the news we hear, whether on TV or otherwise has no intention of bringing anyone closer to God. It just fosters neurosis, vengeance, hopelessness, or helplessness. I find it interesting to examine the various responses to "negative" newsy items: ex: You bet, those sinnners are blah blah blah.... That reminds me of a little "news" item that the prophet Nathan brought to David. David, at first, didn't get it .... you know the story.

It's up to the readers how they respond. But it's up to the reporters to examine their motives and purpose for raising an issue.

Diane

2005/12/26 19:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I feel so Blessed with the responses this thread has received, I will be honest with all of you, I was very, very skeptical to even post it but I prayed about it first and I sincerely appreciate the responses so for. I am not some sort of weird person living in fear of the bad at all, I personally get more that my share of the bad from the minute I wake up until I lay my head down at night and I would just Love to come to a place like SermonIndex a place I Love very much for a good shot of uplifting and edifying and fellowship to start my day off, once again thanks to all that have responded and understanding me and were I am coming from.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2005/12/26 20:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy