SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Go to gospeltruth.com to read Finney's Materials Free online

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
faintnot

Go to gospeltruth.com to read Finney's Materials Free online

Finney's autobiography is more appropriately entitled, "The Memoirs of Charles Finney," and it talks about the revivals he was in and defends some of the things that happened in them from something that had been spread abroad negatively about them by some biographies of two dead men, Mr. Nettleton and Dr. Beecher. The book is riveting, Spirit-filled and deeply impacting. If you can find one edited by Richard Dupuis it is filled with scholarly commentary and endorsed on the back by no less than Billy Graham.

At gospeltruth.com you can find some biographies and others pieces of work he put togeter. I first heard about Lectures on Revival in Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders, who wrote, "as I read the biographies of eminent men I am impressed by one book that leads men to a crises in their ministry and then to a revolution. That book is Lectures on Revival by Charles Finney."

I could go on to brag on the book, but I will say this, Keith Green said he was "born again, again."

Praise God He spoke through Finney and used the meager efforts of a man who knew no short hand to spread this message.

I am a real Finney fan

"Break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord until he comes to reigh righteousness on you."

2005/12/26 0:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Go to gospeltruth.com to read Finney's Materials Free online

Welcome to SermonIndex, I am glad that you found this resource. If you haven't yet I really encourage you to check out this sermon by paris reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

God Bless you and may you grow in the grace and knoweldge of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you have any questions let me know.

2005/12/26 1:37Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Finney

Here is something that may be of interest to you as well. A brother here also putting forth a great effort in this regard;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1617&forum=40&post_id=&refresh=Go]"Revivals of Religion" Lectures by Charles G. Finney[/url]

2005/12/26 6:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy