SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Uncoverted ministers!?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Uncoverted ministers!?

George Whitfield said: "The bane of the hour is uncoverted MINISTERS"

Take a moment and think on this statement. This was said almost 200 years ago. What about today with a sin filled world we live in??
I've been chewing on this statement for a couple weeks.

2005/12/24 16:09Profile
teamtoucan

Queanbeyan, Canberra, NSW, Australia

Re: Uncoverted ministers!?

Hi brentw, i think Mr Whitefield would be right if he said it about our day and age too. We have plenty of people (and ministers) who are very big on Religion, but very few people (and ministers) who are big on Personal Holiness and Personal Evangelism.

Show me a minister who is intent on living a Holy Life, and then i'll start to take notice of what they say. But until then, all you have is talk - by unconverted ministers.

2005/12/27 21:21Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Quote:

teamtoucan wrote:
Show me a minister who is intent on living a Holy Life, and then i'll start to take notice of what they say. But until then, all you have is talk - by unconverted ministers.

I have been blessed with a pastor who is striving after holiness, and preaches holiness to the church!

Bu I think if Mr. Whitefield saw the state of the church today, most of his field preaching would be done outside the church's door.

2005/12/28 8:52Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Bu I think if Mr. Whitefield saw the state of the church today, most of his field preaching would be done outside the church's door.

What a statement. that gives me thoughts of George Fox and that being his ministry standing outside steeple houses which he fondly called them. The sad thing that was said before on this site is that extreme harsh persecution will weed most of these false converts and ministers out of the scene. There needs to be an purifying of the ministry and its the Lord's work, Jesus said I will build my church. Oh Lord come and purge your church, purify it!

2005/12/28 9:38Profile
dohzman

Re: Uncoverted ministers!?

If you want something that really burns the soul and conscience with holy fire on this subject -- pick up a copy of Spurgeons "Lectures to my Students". At the suggestion of Ron B. I did and man has it been a well spring of very good stuff!! It has quickly moved up in my books list to the top 3 maybe 1 or 2.

2005/12/28 9:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy