SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Nee and others, Hyper-Spiritual?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: I only wish

Do you think J Edwards would have had an ipod and a 3 Gb processor? I think not ;-) Isn't it indicative of the times, speed vs. substance, ease vs. depth, surface vs. heart? I know a lot but how much of that will burn in the beautiful, tender words of our Lord before His throne at the last moment of this age. I tend to feel most things I've done will smell of ash and soot, burnt remains of wood, hay and stubble,( thnx Bro Ravenhill.) I love to write, in the glow of this screen but is Christ in my eyes when I'm walking this ball of dirt? Well for sure the Holy Spirit knows and I find myself reading Edwards, Ravenhill and Nee wondering where their Christ is because it feels like we are not even reading the same bible. Brought the thread back for ya Graf :-D The best I can come up with most days is to show them my love and obey the Lord's commands, but it is definetely necessary to maintain the connection to our spiritual forefathers and I thank them for their words often.

Yours in unity and peace,
Rich

2006/1/5 22:53Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Do you think J Edwards would have had an ipod and a 3 Gb processor? I think not

I think Jonathon Edwards was up to date in his technology. Today, computers and such are aids and can facilitate the oneness of the body of Christ.

It is no more spiritual to write a letter with a quile and papyrus than to type it in Word, spell correct it and print it on an inkjet.

Technology has no spiritual power, but nether does an absense of technology. But the fact that I can recieve an emial from a fellow Christian worker in Tiawan or Russia or South America, print it out and give it to others and share in what is going on there and join them in prayer is a wonderful technology.

Graftedbranch

2006/1/6 1:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy