SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What about Rod Parsley??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nellie

Re:

He has control of his audience, not the Holy Spirit.
He is with the WOF Group.
God Bless
Nellie

2005/12/21 12:29Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

The last I seen of him (rod) was he was selling bricks with your name on it. and pedistel for 10.000 or more.

2005/12/21 14:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mark 4:24

2005/12/21 17:19Profile

Re:

Quote:

ravin wrote:
Benny will get his own in the end. I've a brother in Christ who believed he was healed all the way to his grave.

Stever's response:

I think that many people, who are looking for a healing end up with Benny Hinn at one of his services, many times as a last resort. Granted he is a fraud, because God is the healer. God is in the healing business, and God is the one who heals.

God uses all things for His glory. People that go to Benny and are healed are healed by their faith in God to heal them, whether they realize it or not.

I know an 80 year old woman who was really healed of a serious illness at one of his healing services. She thinks he is great and has started reading the Bible again. She still sends Benny money, but little good that will do him when he answers to God.

Sincerely,

Stever

p.s. This same Lady went to Israel with Benny Hinn and she was very disappointed. He stayed to himself. They went by bus from place to place, while he was whisked there in a limo, and met them there, and like I said, was not personal at all- sort of "above it all".

Strange stuff.

2005/12/21 21:19
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I cannot stand Rod Parsley, it makes no difference to me what his favorite book is.

It is quite evident to me that this fellow Rod Parsley is quite a charlton. He is a good preacher and I know many people have said that he was annointed in the past, because he started off as such a young preacher. But hearing some of the money things that he does and the clear prosperity gospel he preaches I am totally writing him off as an preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I heard he preached to people and told them to go into their local dealer and get into a jaguar, etc and claim it in the name of Jesus. This obviously false and unbiblical preaching of spritiual truth clearly points to the lack of connection with the head.

"He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings., Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitude of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself." (1 Timothy 6:4-5).

2005/12/21 22:09Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

"For with what judgment ye judge,"

yes so true if it be by the word of God, and I fear only God. It's good to know who your judge will be. we have to judge with in the body by the word of God. those out side are already judge.

2005/12/21 22:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The only thing I don't get about Parsley is why he felt he had to jump on the WOF/Prosperity ship. He was already having a pretty powerful ministry early on, and drawing a pretty good crowd with many getting saved, delivered, filled with the Spirit, etc. I suppose greed has a way of never being satisfied.

Also, a word of discernment, we ought not to blast individuals simply because they have chosen the wood, hay, and stubble, instead of silver, gold and other precious metals. Paul warns of this in Corinthians. How many of you own the latest and greatest computer? How many of you own a bigscreen TV? How many of you drive an SUV? How many Bible's could you have printed or how many missionaries could you have funded with the luxuries you own?

If you were given the same amount of money as Benny Hinn, John Hagee, or Rod Parsley, would you be living as glamorous as they are, or, perhaps more so? Dare I say many of you might be living just as luxurious if not more so? Examine your credit history, how much debt do you have? Seems you are trying to live beyond your means, an indication you enjoy some luxuries.

2005/12/21 22:45Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I watched a series by him called "Repairers of The Breach" that was really good. The series was old. I would guess late 80s? It was about getting back to the foundational trues of the Bible.

As far as now... I haven't watched enought about him to really comment. I fear he may have fell into error.

2005/12/21 22:53Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

An old old saint told me to be careful. In these last days or minutes we see more and more tv preachers that are WELL READ in the books of passsed giants. Remember before a farmer cuts a turkeys head off he fattens it first!! The enemy fattened JACOB at the wedding feast before.....
My point: The enemy knows how to get us to OPEN UP first before....
"We are not ignorant of his devices"

2005/12/21 23:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
If you were [b]given[/b] the same amount of money as Benny Hinn, John Hagee, or Rod Parsley, would you be living as glamorous as they are, or, perhaps more so? Dare I say many of you might be living just as luxurious if not more so? Examine your credit history, how much debt do you have? Seems you are trying to live beyond your means, an indication you enjoy some luxuries.

Isn't this a very large part of the problem? By what means and at who's expense the majority of this income, comes in? Not to mention by Whose Name.

A lot of these things can get off track from the main issue, which is what effect all this combined teaching and the lending of lifestyle is [i]saying[/i]. This ought to be focused on the same right judgment that we need to be practicing and warning those caught up in false belief systems. It's not a measuring of the good against the bad, the exceptions or the compare and contrast, though that ought to be just as evident as KingJimmy pointed out.

It's always a bit puzzling when the victims (right or wrongly, ignorantly or arrogantly) are left by the roadside. There is serious ramifications from these things, beyond the overt, there are subtleties that can become ingrained, that are very difficult to root out. A mindset that feels owed something, a certain 'clinging' to spurious imaginations, twisted promises taken from scripture, misunderstandings about healing, why we give... a multitude of things.

2005/12/21 23:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy