SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is happening to me?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tinluke

New England USA

What is happening to me?

I am changing and it scares me! Christmas is in 5 days, but I don't really care. My house is decorated, I bought gifts and plan on having open-house with tons of food and family. I look forward to the Holidays, but it doesn't seem as meeningful as it once did.

I was in Manhatten last weekend for a family function. Eveyone was so excited to go to Rockerfeller Center to see the tree and decorations. I went and all I cold see was NOTHINGNESS! The decorations were pretty, the tree was pretty, but it's all FAKE. Without JESUS what does it matter anyway! The one and only thing I could think about when I was in New York, was getting to Times Square Church.

On the plane back to Boston, all my mother could talk about was the city and how beutiful everthing was. All I thought about was how blessed I was to hear pastor Carter Conlon preach and worship with the saints at Times Squre Church!!!

I would rather watch a sun set than go to the best broadway production. I'd rather be with my husband and kids at home than the most elegant party or social affair. I'd rather be in my prayer closet than anywhere elses in the world! I'd rather talk about Jesus than politics, world affairs or the latest gossip out of hollywood.

When I read what I've just written, it all sounds nice, but it's soooo scary! This is NOT me. The old me loves to socialize and "live life to the fullest." I love adventure, travel, socilizing and entertaining. This 'new' me is sacry!!

Does anyone else feel like this??? Is this just what happens when you're in your in your 30's??? Am I depressed and havn't relized it yet?? Or am I truly being sperated from this world??? I don't see beauty in anything that Christ is not part of. My ONLY desire it to KNOW CHRIST and SHOW CHRIST to this dying generation.

2005/12/20 11:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: What is happening to me?

Quote:
Does anyone else feel like this??? Is this just what happens when you're in your in your 30's??? Am I depressed and havn't relized it yet?? Or am I truly being sperated from this world??? I don't see beauty in anything that Christ is not part of. My ONLY desire it to KNOW CHRIST and SHOW CHRIST to this dying generation.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you. This world is lifeless its pursuits and goals. People are chasing after the god of mammon ceaselessly. This world is looking for reality to all of this, is it all about pleasure? no God forbid. Christ said in me is life. We need to come to Christ continually, set our thoughts on Him and things above. Colossians 3:1-3 have been my life verses for awhile now.

It is shocking for people in the world to be around an redeemed one from above. There is at times a sense that we do not fit into this world and that is good. Our home is above, we are sojouners in a strange land. These verses are not there for no reason, they ARE TRUE. As I said what you are feeling I don't think is bad. Keep your eyes on Christ and spend much time in His word.

2005/12/20 11:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Does anyone else feel like this??? Is this just what happens when you're in your in your 30's???

No, this is what happens when you're [i]in Christ[/i]. The things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!

In Christ,

Ron

2005/12/20 11:31Profile
mary0418

Tinluke,
You should feel so joyful and happy and embrace the new you that the Lord has been pleased to redeem! Praise His Holy Name!!!! Once one has been redeemed, your eyes are opened and you can see REALITY. Maybe it might seem scary-but it is the most wonderful thing in the ENTIRE WORLD!
May the Lord bless you!
Oh Thank You Lord Jesus.....

2005/12/20 14:01Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Thank you for the encouraging testimony,

You really are losing your mind and gaining Christ's mind. What a blessing this is... Many around you will likely say why don't you live a more balanced life? When Christ is the focus of our lives, the other things aren't quite so important and as we submit everything to Him, it becomes His life lived out through us.

I pray that you will be "sold-out" for Jesus and that's the lens that you view your life through. Blessings to you...

2005/12/20 14:57Profile
Nellie

The things of the World grow strangely dim,
In the Light of His Glory and Grace.
Praise God for what you are feeling.
God is wonderful!
May He bless you, and use you for His Glory.

I would love to go to Times Square Church, and Worship Jesus Christ with these believers.
They are focused on Christ.

God Bless
Nellie :-)

2005/12/20 18:37Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Oh how I wish I had a mind and heart like yours. I pray for God to move on me like that. You are truly blessed.

2005/12/20 19:00Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words!!! I am blessed as I read each one!! I know that my biggest battle is in my mind. I sometimes wonder if I have just become lazy or anit-social and am using my faith as an excuse to be a hermit! But in my heart I know that what all of you have wrote it 100% true!! Yes, The things in the world grow strangly dim in the Light of HIS Glory and Grace!!! AMEN

Merry CHRISTmas to my Brothers and Sisters on SI,

Love, Tina

2005/12/20 19:11Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Ravenhill described it as hating what you used to love, and loving what you used to hate. Everything is backwards from what it used to be. This is the case with me, though the intensity of this varies, sometimes I just feel completely out of place here.

"...having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you."

-Paul

2005/12/26 0:00Profile
Ropafadzo

Harare, Zimbabwe

Re:

I am in the same boat and I am glad the company is so big. Let's enjoy the ride and never seize to meditate upon God and seek His face. We are of Him trully and when the sail is complete we shall see our Father in Heaven. And there shall be the singing of psalms and glory of the Father's throne. All Glory to God

2005/12/26 4:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy