SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Earnestly Contending

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ByHisGrace

Earnestly Contending

I have read much of the correspondence on this topic. I have an email ministry that was given to me by inspiration of God and I've addressed many of these issues in the past. Jude 3 says this:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

We see here, that "earnestly contending for the faith" is a commission by God for all believers. It is not simply a suggestion but a commandment. No one is beyond biblical analysis. As Christians, we should all be concerned with defending our faith.

Some will say that by doing so, we are causing "disunity" among the church. But our unity is based solely upon the truth of God's Word. If something is untrue, then it certainly must not be embraced and accepted by the Church of Jesus Christ. Wasn't even Christ divisive?

Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Jhn 7:43 So there was a division among the people because of him.

Jhn 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Jhn 10:19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

Clearly Christ came to divide and then unify. Christ divided those who believed from those who did not. Then, He unified those who did believe through the truth of God. He does the same thing today through His Living Word. God's Word divides the saved from the unsaved, the wheat from the tares, and then unifies those who truly believe in Christ of the Bible.

What many false teachers have offered is a "Counterfeit Christ" which produces a "counterfeit Christianity".

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Should we neglect this declaration straightly from the mouth of Christ Himself? Should we believe that these teachers and false prophets do not exist?

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Is Peter to be considered a liar? If there are no false teachers, we say that God is a liar and we can't believe His Word to be true. If these false prophets aren't right in front of us, then where are they?

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Whoever would like to respond directly, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

2005/12/19 17:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy